Rudra, try asking Maya the right questions, bro!

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Maya holds your wrist and and hand like a child does who is scared of getting lost ; being vulnerable to the world. 

Maya starts looking for you the moment you are out of sight , her anxiety and restlessness is evident. It seems like she will die of a panic if she doesn't snuggle into you. 

Maya is scared of being in public, is averse to anyone's touch except you and Nandini , wants to live in the shadows behind your shoulders. 

Maya is an emotional waterbag in front of you and you are aware of her fears, anxieties and her abnormal way of living her life ( she has turned your room into a dark den, she wears nothing except black ) .

Maya has so much psychological and emotional dependence on you that instead of being her guide and healer, you have turned into her crutch. The girl cannot function without you and she is not the girl you had met as Maya Jaisingh. 

Maya is truly in love with you, is stuck to you like fevicol and yet sexual contact induces anxiety in her. 

All the above signs, Rudra, are of a deeply traumatized person who relives the trauma again and again at the smallest trigger. 

It's a drawback of the human brain. It records tragedy and trauma is stored in your system. The smallest trigger, the smallest reminder produces the same reaction in the human brain as it had suffered when the event had actually happened. The human brain cannot distinguish between the actual event and the replay of the event. Yes, this is actual brain chemistry and psychology. 

THAT is Maya's problem. As long as she was in darkness, playing from behind closed doors, miles away from MJ, she was a lioness. Simply because she didn't have to face MJ. Now, she has come into MJ's world for Rudra and the stored trauma has been triggered - because you never faced your fear! You didn't talk about it. You didn't break down. You didn't scream, howl , thrashed or did anything to vomit it all out. You internalized every thread of that pain and now, when the monster is back, your every memory is being replayed as real. This is what Maya was never prepared for - she was prepared for an ambush with MJ, but not an open war. And whoa, the douchebag knows it. 

Yes, Rudra is doing the best that he can. He is aware that he has loved and  married a damaged , strange , complicated woman - he is trying his best to heal her, pamper her, calm her, absorb her weird behaviour - he is taking care of her like a MOTHER , apart from being a hot serenading husband of course. He always tells her that her every knot is his. But, it is high time, he starts asking Maya the right questions or even Rajeev or Nandini if Maya is uncomfortable - What happened? What did she suffer? Don't name the person but tell me her suffering. What was her psychological and emotional journey in these 10 years? Unless Rudra delves into WHAT IS WRONG WITH MAYA, no matter how much he loves her and pampers her like a toddler, he cannot pull her out of the shadows. He has committed himself to saving her soul , but that is easier said than done. You have to GO INTO DARKNESS to pull someone out of it. Khud andhere mein nahin jaaoge, toh kaise jaanoge ki use roshni se ittna dar kyun lagta hai? 

Maya's issues are no less. Rudra is meant to be her healer, her guide. Not her crutch. Believe in the power of his love and how he managed to show you whatever light he could - your strength comes from that emotion, not Rudra's physical presence. I remember one of my bosses telling me about 12 years ago when I used to rely a lot on a senior whom I was attached to like a child - if any trouble came, i would look for her. That's when my boss - a very elderly man had said these words to me - You cannot hide behind her all your life... kabhi na kabhi toh har cheez khud apne haath se karni padegi na?... So, that. The ones we love, adore, respect , we tend to end up using them as crutches , without realizing it. Maya is using her biggest support as her crutch and that whole lens is wrong. 

A little soul searching for Maya to discover the warrior in her. A little support  from Rudra that whether he is there or not, he always has her back - this would prepare her to face MJ, like how she did today but still, clinging to Rudra. 

I have nothing to say about MJ in today's episode - he is just behaving like those hundreds of narcissists we meet in real life - he is just an over dramatic version of it. There is no layer to his game - he is simply feeding off Maya's fear. And TBH, after what he did to Maya in her husband's absence  in the precap, I would rather not talk about him. 

Rudra and Maya? So so so tragically beautiful and i have to say it again - the writing team has developed this dynamic to absolute brilliance. 

The editing was done while having Antara's cocaine pancakes , though.

P.S- Ananya still doesn't get it, does she? Rudra still loves her as his friend, he is apologetic, but i feel he should honour Ananya's choice and not get in touch with her again. Especially, when she is still ruing the fact that Rudra is still thinking about his wife. Errmmm... Maya is Rudra's wife, you C grade Nancy Drew. 

Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ananya might be a jealous little Jezebel, but she has genuine grievances against Rudra. Being ditched at the altar is a huge-ass humiliation, one that can even drive someone to suicide. So Ananya's reaction is fully justified at this point. 

Also, Maya and Rudra are not legally married to be honest. Although that doesn't really matter in the story. 

And you know what i find strange: Maya is a goddamn millionaire but didn't think of getting therapy for her trauma? In all these years? Really? 

dewdrops.16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I was thinking the editors lost their senses while waching MayRa romance and their sizzling chemistry so this blunder🤣

Anyways the cvs have developed MyRa equation with such beauty and perfection that it hurts to imagine their tragic future😭

I understand that Rudra accepts her as she is.He also understands that something horrible happened to her but he needs to ask her what exactly happened.How will he pull her out of a trauma without knowing what exactly the trauma is?

If you want to fight..then you have to overcome your fears

Dushmano ko harane se pehle apne darr ko harana zaruri hota hain

Ladna seekhne se pehle dushmano ke samne sedhe se khara hona seekhna padta hain..

Still these things are easier said than done ....it takes time.

Ps. The entire office scene was a turn off and some tweets on twitter got me really hyper.I am trying to rationalize the scene now🤔

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Ananya might be a jealous little Jezebel, but she has genuine grievances against Rudra. Being ditched at the altar is a huge-ass humiliation, one that can even drive someone to suicide. So Ananya's reaction is fully justified at this point. 

Thank you. Yes, it is a huge ass humiliation and going by that logic, that madam shouldn't have stepped into Roy mansion , playing Nancy Drew and insulting Maya. When you go out of someone's life, you go. Ananya's reaction is justified but her constant main bechari act is not. Rudra being Mayafied was visible to Ananya from day 1 , yet she dragged him to the mandap. 

Also, Maya and Rudra are not legally married to be honest. Although that doesn't really matter in the story. 

Please explain. I didn't understand you. 

And you know what i find strange: Maya is a goddamn millionaire but didn't think of getting therapy for her trauma? In all these years? Really? 

Mahisa, mental illness has NOTHING to do with money. Most of the time, in 80% cases, the patients don't even know or are in denial that they are suffering. They don't need lectures - they need compassion and help, and no, money can unfortunately not buy you that. 

Originally posted by: dewdrops.16

I was thinking the editors lost their senses while waching MayRa romance and their sizzling chemistry so this blunder🤣

Anyways the cvs have developed MyRa equation with such beauty and perfection that it hurts to imagine their tragic future😭

I understand that Rudra accepts her as she is.He also understands that something horrible happened to her but he needs to ask her what exactly happened.How will he pull her out of a trauma without knowing what exactly the trauma is?

If you want to fight..then you have to overcome your fears

Dushmano ko harane se pehle apne darr ko harana zaruri hota hain

Ladna seekhne se pehle dushmano ke samne sedhe se khara hona seekhna padta hain..

Still these things are easier said than done ....it takes time.

Ps. The entire office scene was a turn off and some tweets on twitter got me really hyper.I am trying to rationalize the scene now🤔

Thank you. It was a botched up job at the editing table , maybe to fit or fix something that didn't happen. They are not this careless, usually. Rudra has to know Maya's trauma or else he will only be cocooning her and not helping her. Like you said, dushman se ladhna hai, toh usske saamne seedhe khade hona seekho pehle... aur aankh mein aankh daalkar baat karo. Rudra has to work on Maya so that she can work on herself. She needs more than his hugs and kisses. 

Don't go on social media. Ever. Har chalta aadmi writer banaa phirta hai wahaan. What is there to rationalize? That Rudra will depend on that Nancy Drew when he is shattered? Could be. Human nature. Just go with the flow and not the conspiracy theories.

Armu4eva thumbnail

There is a reason why Maya internalized her trauma. Its because she felt she deserved that punishment for her naivety, for her blind faith in love, and trust in her lover. There is a reason why she didn't get therapy, she doesn't want to be better. She wants to live with the memory of her hate and feed off it to empower herself. 

See that's the paradox between darkness and light. Darkness hides you, with your weakness. Light exposes you and your weakness. There is no denying the fact that Maya Rudra Roy is madly in love with her husband. She ditched her planned way of revenge and came into the war against her nemesis. This was unplanned but I am positive that the more MJ pushes Mayas buttons she will get over her fears faster. 

I am a huge fan of Amy Adams Sharp Objects that delved into the psyche of a cutter. People who are deeply traumatized and who despite therapy need to hurt themselves to even feel alive. I can understand Mayas panic and I am positive she will overcome them sooner.

Talking of Rudra, I love how caring, loving and deeply affectionate he is. I love how understanding he is as well but like you I believe it's time for him to start noticing Mayas constant panic attacks and dig a bit deeper. I am positive my boy will do it and do it soon. 

As for MJ, that devil wears Armani like no other and makes life hell for his enemies undeterred..! 

Great analysis🤗

About MayRa not being legal hubby wife, the "marriage" they did wasn't a proper one. You need to follow certain rituals to perform a marriage, and a religious marriage without a priest, mantras or witnesses is null and void. That's what I meant. Though it isn't that important to the storyline right now. 

Also, Maya did have empathetic and compassionate people around her-- Rajeev and her mother. Also she knows that she has 'sanak'. She realizes that the very mention of facing MJ has her scurrying for cover. In today's world, therapy is a very normalized thing, and rightly so. People seek therapy all the time and at least the upper classes have removed the stigma around it. And the trauma that she suffered from her brutality--- anybody in today's world would seek a therapist to get rid of the after-effects and horrible imagery that persists in the mind. Knowledge about mental illnesses and therapies is widely available on the internet and a mainstream subject of discussion now, so I don't see why Maya would not have considered therapy for her severe PTSD. 

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Loved mayra analysis... ❤️🤗

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

There is a reason why Maya internalized her trauma. Its because she felt she deserved that punishment for her naivety, for her blind faith in love, and trust in her lover. There is a reason why she didn't get therapy, she doesn't want to be better. She wants to live with the memory of her hate and feed off it to empower herself. 

See that's the paradox between darkness and light. Darkness hides you, with your weakness. Light exposes you and your weakness. There is no denying the fact that Maya Rudra Roy is madly in love with her husband. She ditched her planned way of revenge and came into the war against her nemesis. This was unplanned but I am positive that the more MJ pushes Mayas buttons she will get over her fears faster. 

I am a huge fan of Amy Adams Sharp Objects that delved into the psyche of a cutter. People who are deeply traumatized and who despite therapy need to hurt themselves to even feel alive. I can understand Mayas panic and I am positive she will overcome them sooner.

Talking of Rudra, I love how caring, loving and deeply affectionate he is. I love how understanding he is as well but like you I believe it's time for him to start noticing Mayas constant panic attacks and dig a bit deeper. I am positive my boy will do it and do it soon. 

As for MJ, that devil wears Armani like no other and makes life hell for his enemies undeterred..! 

Great analysis🤗

Thank you and i love what you said. 🤗... it is disturbing, right? To hurt yourself so that you feel alive.... you are right. Maya internalized everything because she thought she deserved it - but at the same time, i don't think she or anyone around her realized that she was suffering from apsycho emotional sickness. It has been 10 years and he pain and fear has seeped into her bones. 

Rudra is intelligent and i think he is starting to get hints that Maya goes Un-Maya with his father around... he is intuitive... he will start putting 2 and 2 together, if he hasn't done that already. 

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

About MayRa not being legal hubby wife, the "marriage" they did wasn't a proper one. You need to follow certain rituals to perform a marriage, and a religious marriage without a priest, mantras or witnesses is null and void. That's what I meant. Though it isn't that important to the storyline right now. 

Also, Maya did have empathetic and compassionate people around her-- Rajeev and her mother. Also she knows that she has 'sanak'. She realizes that the very mention of facing MJ has her scurrying for cover. In today's world, therapy is a very normalized thing, and rightly so. People seek therapy all the time and at least the upper classes have removed the stigma around it. And the trauma that she suffered from her brutality--- anybody in today's world would seek a therapist to get rid of the after-effects and horrible imagery that persists in the mind. Knowledge about mental illnesses and therapies is widely available on the internet and a mainstream subject of discussion now, so I don't see why Maya would not have considered therapy for her severe PTSD. 

Mahisa, I don't think we are on the same plane of thought at all; especially as far as mental illness is concerned- it is a very very sensitive topic for me. So, thanks for sharing your thoughts and I really have nothing more to say to you. Thanks.