Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

sneha n mukti were the new generation leads who got maximum scren space so as ruhi n aliya. sneha got sidelined only when the next generation was introduced did 

Originally posted by: Rein123

Were any of these characters the main leads of the show? Sneha was prerna’s daughter, she eventually got sidelined later on, I haven’t watched YHM or KDB so I won’t comment on that much but if I’m not mistaken isn’t preeta the one that’s the main lead of that show? Adaa was in pardes for just a short amount of time, she was probably cameo I guess back then. Overall what I’m trying to point at is the fact that when characters are involved in a love triangle, she always makes the one who wears western clothes a vamp and traditional ethnic wear a saint.

Look at KKB( I don’t watch this show either but saw a few episodes in between), the girl who was raised by Pragya is shown wearing Indian most of the time and she is paired with the guy while the sister who is raised by Abhi is shown as a rich spoilt brat who is always plotting against the former. 

The only time she made an exception I guess was PKYEK,  where the actress playing  piya was shown wearing western but even she was called à behenji by her peers.

Edited by jasminerahul - 4 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail

Jennifer Sara aashka sanjeeda anita daljeet  were doing sweet roles.later when they did  negative roles also people accepted them.nia did sweet roles until twisted.still people accepted her in twisted 

Yes it can, I.e. if you’re a die hard fan of the actress or if you’re watching them for the first time. If you have watched them act before but found the performance good or convincing enough to leave an impression but not convert you into a fan then no it won’t unless you were invested emotionally in the character they were playing. Why do you think Chandrakanta by Ekta was not very successful? It’s because of Madhurima previously playing a negative character in some popular show which left an impression on the viewers to form their own biases, and suddenly playing the positive main lead that even quite late worked against even though she performed well as an actress. So no the image doesn’t change that easily. 

Edited by jasminerahul - 4 years ago
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

Jennifer Sara aashka sanjeeda anita daljeet  were doing sweet roles.later when they did  negative roles also people accepted them.nia did sweet roles until twisted.still people accepted her in twisted 

Jennifer has mostly done sweet roles, it’s only in the Beyhadh series where I see her play a grey/negative shade. And as a fan of Jennifer I will agree with you there, coming to Sanjeeda I guess she started as a grey character, I saw her on kayamat first so that was the impression I got from her, that is grey lead. I haven’t seen her play a positive lead yet, though I guess there was a show where she did opposite Keith Sequeira however I skipped it since I didn’t find the story great plus I found her playing a sweet girl weird and OTT, felt the same in gehraaiyan her acting there was just OTT for paranoid surgeon. I saw Anita in kavyanjali and yes I guess she played a negative or grey shade in YHM but can you tell me why she is being offered negative characters repeatedly after that on television? 

I am not very familiar with Aashka, I think she was first seen in the show saat phere as some vamp character, then I saw her in Naagin as Avantika  the vamp queen bee and after that in and as Daayan on andtv which again was a negative character. So what’s the change? 

I watched Nia in twisted the first time, so that is the impression she left on me and then I saw her in IMMJ taking over for Alisha as Arohi, I doubt the IMMJ fans were ready for that given the fights that took place between Nia fans and Alisha fans over the character Arohi. Btw I preferred Alisha and for me she is the only  Arohi in IMMJ. 

Even Arjun bijlani’s change to a negative or grey character was weird.

I clearly did not accept the change and usually if there is nothing to look forward in the story coupled with a sudden shift in role taken up by a known actor I would skip the show. Will be doing the exact same for this one as well since there’s nothing left to keep me interested. 

@bold we can agree to disagree there

Edited by Rein123 - 4 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail

sanjeeda started as a sweet funny girl called nimmo.after that kayamat  broke her sweet image.people accepted her.she played positive role in ek haseena thi also which was a huge hit. Jennifer played negative role in sanjeeda's show nimmo.Anita started off as an innocent girl in kabhi saheli.her image was broken in yhm n that's why she is getting negative roles now.though you saw nia first in twisted most of  the people  saw nia first in her sweet roles.both those shows were a huge hit. so majority of the people have seen them.so for them accepting her as a sweet girl in naagin is not a big deal.aashka did only positive roles till saat phere. she was the new generation lead in kkusum also.but saath phere broke her image.daljeet also is getting only negative roles.so her image is also broken.zain imam ksg did both type of characters.people accepted their change also.most of the people accepted arjun bijlani's change too.so most of the actors had image change n they got type cast also.so breaking image is not a big deal always.

Jennifer has mostly done sweet roles, it’s only in the Beyhadh series where I see her play a grey/negative shade. And as a fan of Jennifer I will agree with you there, coming to Sanjeeda I guess she started as a grey character, I saw her on kayamat first so that was the impression I got from her, that is grey lead. I haven’t seen her play a positive lead yet, though I guess there was a show where she did opposite Keith Sequeira however I skipped it since I didn’t find the story great plus I found her playing a sweet girl weird and OTT, felt the same in gehraaiyan her acting there was just OTT for paranoid surgeon. I saw Anita in kavyanjali and yes I guess she played a negative or grey shade in YHM but can you tell me why she is being offered negative characters repeatedly after that on television? 

I am not very familiar with Aashka, I think she was first seen in the show saat phere as some vamp character, then I saw her in Naagin as Avantika  the vamp queen bee and after that in and as Daayan on andtv which again was a negative character. So what’s the change? 

I watched Nia in twisted the first time, so that is the impression she left on me and then I saw her in IMMJ taking over for Alisha as Arohi, I doubt the IMMJ fans were ready for that given the fights that took place between Nia fans and Alisha fans over the character Arohi. Btw I preferred Alisha and for me she is the only  Arohi in IMMJ. 

I clearly did not accept the change and usually if there is nothing to look forward in the story coupled with a sudden shift in role taken up by a known actor I would skip the show. Will be doing the exact same for this one as well since there’s nothing left to keep me interested. 

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Anita❤️ I seen her Heroine In Telugu Movies 😎 She Done Complete Positive (Main) and Grey Roles(2nd Heroine)  Too There 👏before TV 😎 in TV its YHM 😎

It's IMMJ Nia replaced PFL of Arohi which  Aalisha  Won both Positive +Negative Dual Roles at same Time  since it's a New one in Same role it may take some time to adjust so I waited 😛 With Nia but it's Terribly unwatchable By her I  Don't Accept her the main naagin in too positive which way forced like S2 done wit ML 😈 

It's better for N4 to give chance another PFL 😎 who fill the Positive Place for us/Viewrs 😛. I. E Jasmine /Nayan 👍🏼She Done Quite Good in DSDT as Simple bubbly I hate her Character later 😎 but here She fits to be Positive Sister Not turn like Seshu like vamp 🤢 

Cvs not Given Chance to Nayan adjust in her positive side 🤢 where they forcing each and everything to look good from brinda side 🤔 

This Show Moto is Only one PFL with same story fine then take some other Actress who Convincible 😛 🤢 it's just few months back her Arohi finally over which almost have the same naagin Like thriller 😆 

Ritik ❤️image is Deep looks Weird😆 still acceptable He as IMMj Devil 😈

😃

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Frankly for me both leads wasn't up to mark.... 

The only +point in this show is satyanshi .... Even villans are not that great... Whenever villans or dev cousins open there mouth I actually feel like laughing😄

Its good that jasmine quit... I can't imagine her playing negative role....after turning brinda naagin.. Her character wasn't not going anywhere.... Just one or two scene in whole episode where she want to kill brinda or her saying how much she hate brinda etc etc.... 

She can get better roles in future than this mess... 

And nia wasn't able to pull that innocent look... 

Though brinda and dev are good together and have chemistry .. .. And somewhere she was able to pull naagin role... But after yesterday episode I am planning to quit watching the show...Seeing how easily mandav was able to get away from her.. Whole episode she was chasing him... If vishaka didn't help her yesterday..🤪

And still in end she was giving him last chance...dumbest thing she ever did... 

Anyway in short this season story and writing sucks.... 

Edited by Gaurirane366 - 4 years ago
vinnas thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gaurirane366

Frankly for me both leads wasn't up to mark.... 

The only +point in this show is satyanshi .... Even villans are not that great... Whenever villans or dev cousins open there mouth I actually feel like laughing😄

Same😆😂😂

Its good that jasmine quit... I can't imagine her playing negative role....after turning brinda naagin.. Her character wasn't not going anywhere.... Just one or two scene in whole episode where she want to kill brinda or her saying how much she hate brinda etc etc.... 

OTT The Cvs made😫

She can great better roles in future than this mess... 

Thats true😎

And nia wasn't able to pull that innocent look... 

👀👆👍

Though brinda and dev are good together and have chemistry .. .. And somewhere she was able to pull naagin role... But after yesterday episode I was will quit watching the show...Seeing how easily mandav was able to get away from her.. Whole episode she was chasing him... If vishaka didn't help her yesterday..🤪

To insert Vish🤢 same time to show how too foolish and naive brinda is

And still in end she was giving him last chance...dumbest thing she ever did... 

Anyway in short this season story and writing sucks.... 

Bottom line👍🏼

I wish Sayantani❤️ too out from show 😎she nothing but a prop now😭helpless🤔 tied with bhel leaves 😭. 

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: vinnas

I wish Sayantani❤️ too out from show 😎she nothing but a prop now😭helpless🤔 tied with bhel leaves 😭. 

true.. 

Same old saga continue..villan naagin  want naagmani to rule the naaglok and world and good naagin and hero trying to save naagmani... And villan naagin falls in love with hero... 

In this  season villans are already step ahead .....

I thought season 2 was worst franchise but not anymore.. ... 

vinnas thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gaurirane366

true.. 

Same old saga continue..villan naagin  want naagmani to rule the naaglok and world and good naagin and hero trying to save naagmani... And villan naagin falls in love with hero... 

In this  season villans are already step ahead .....

Obviously 

I thought season 2 was worst franchise but not anymore.. ... 

Season 2 way Entertaining with Revenge intact 😎and Have the BEST Character(Hero) in The Neela❤️Naag Formwhich short time😔 after his Exit it's not less than circus 😆 worst by leads 🤢

😎

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

sanjeeda started as a sweet funny girl called nimmo.after that kayamat  broke her sweet image.people accepted her.she played positive role in ek haseena thi also which was a huge hit. Jennifer played negative role in sanjeeda's show nimmo.Anita started off as an innocent girl in kabhi saheli.her image was broken in yhm n that's why she is getting negative roles now.though you saw nia first in twisted most of  the people  saw nia first in her sweet roles.both those shows were a huge hit. so majority of the people have seen them.so for them accepting her as a sweet girl in naagin is not a big deal.aashka did only positive roles till saat phere. she was the new generation lead in kkusum also.but saath phere broke her image.daljeet also is getting only negative roles.so her image is also broken.zain imam ksg did both type of characters.people accepted their change also.most of the people accepted arjun bijlani's change too.so most of the actors had image change n they got type cast also.so breaking image is not a big deal always.

Wow you sure seem to have watched everyone mentioned above in their first shows.

@bold again we can agree to disagree here. 

@red isn’t type casting an actor a way of telling them that they play certain type of role better than others?

Nimmo? Was there a show called that? Sorry I never watched it so I can’t say much.