Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: mayavi_26

Well I'm not naagin fan at all but from promo it seems tht these show was of two naagin and their fate something so jasmine was launch with nia as parallel, no doubt what she is saying is to cover it up her makers wrongdoing to her , it's balaji show and nobody talk openlyrics against ekta mata in this industry even after actors r unhappy with their role getting butuchered , sideline or etc

In actual I've watched shows before where actors have said their exit was pre-planned since beginning and you can always tell which ones were true and which were forced cover ups. 

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Why would she cover up?  Because it's Ekta? I agree that she couldn't pull a insecure /black naagin....  Maybe she'd be resurrected, who knows? 

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

In actual I've watched shows before where actors have said their exit was pre-planned since beginning and you can always tell which ones were true and which were forced cover ups. 

This one is a cover up for sure.

Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zephyr_57

Why would she cover up?  Because it's Ekta? I agree that she couldn't pull a insecure /black naagin....  Maybe she'd be resurrected, who knows? 

Because Ekta can destroy her career if JB speaks against her.

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Zephyr_57

It's happened before where often drastic and sudden changes are made and PH lies through actor's mouth that it was pre-planned. Happened in three other shows I watched. 

Originally posted by: Rein123

Actually she was pretty fine as a naagin, I.e. a positive naagin. She is not meant for negative roles as she just doesn’t fit the image of a negative character. Ekta should have realised this the moment she signed her up. After playing a positive lead for several years that even in different shows how did Ekta assume that people will randomly accept her in a negative role? Similarly those who have watched Nia before but are not her fans find her playing an innocent sweet character weird, and no she’s just doesn’t fit into the naagin image like Surbhi, Mouni, and sayantani. P.S. this is not a performance issue but rather an image issue we are talking about.

Nia sharma has this image of a bold, modern woman so it’s just not easy for us to see her play a naagin, similarly Jasmin has this image of a sweet bubbly girl, plus her baby face just makes it even more difficult to see her play a vamp.

Jasmin as a naagin was a pretty good fit into the role, especially in the first two episodes, she looked and seemed very natural in her act. But after this baby swap nonsense it was quite obvious that she was feeling uncomfortable with the sudden change in the storyline as it literally showed on her face at times.

Well, naagins are bold modern women so there's no contradiction as far as Nia is concerned. Plus, Nia has also done negative characters, so the excuse that people only have an excuse with her image doesn't fly here. Brinda's character was boring at first and Nayantara more interesting. 

But the fact is that Jasmine totally sucked as an actress and overreacted every effing time. Even Adaa has an ultra-cute face but that didn't stop her from owning a negative role. 

Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Well, naagins are bold modern women so there's no contradiction as far as Nia is concerned. Plus, Nia has also done negative characters, so the excuse that people only have an excuse with her image doesn't fly here. Brinda's character was boring at first and Nayantara more interesting. 

But the fact is that Jasmine totally sucked as an actress and overreacted every effing time. Even Adaa has an ultra-cute face but that didn't stop her from owning a negative role. 

Bold modern women? Then why did they make such a big issue over Brinda and Dev being locked up in a room for a night? What does Dev mean by Brinda is still ‘Pavitra’ and innocent as she was before? Why is Jasmin wearing western and Brinda ethnic wear all the time? The only bold and modern positive Naagin I saw till date was Shravani a.k.a Surbhi. Also The very first Naagin i.e. sayantani she was anything but bold and modern in her previous show where she was a naagin, same goes for Mouni and Bela who were introduced as innocent and sweet village traditional women. The only good thing Nia can do is the vengeance part, the cute innocent traditional girl act was not very convincing and looks as forced as Jasmin’s negative act.

And no Jasmin was pretty good as a positive Naagin in the initial episodes, you can’t blame her if there was a last minute change in the script. Even as a negative character her expressions are spot on, however the only reason it didn’t work out was because of the fact that it all happened out of the blue and suddenly. Even the best actor possible in that situation cannot be blamed for the shitty execution of the story by the makers.

Edited by Rein123 - 4 years ago
Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Also adaa and Anita both have taken up negative roles before, and their characters might have had a proper transition from grey/positive to negative. 

Jasmin has never played a grey shade character till date let alone negative character, so I don’t know how exactly can you compare them with Jas? Also Jas herself had confirmed that her character was not a vamp, at the most it was grey, and when the viewers themselves are shocked at how the characters turned out what do you think the actress herself would feel about being cheated? No matter what an actor does to portray a character, if the story itself doesn’t make any sense then it all goes down the drain. Covering up the blunder won’t erase the fact that it actually happened. 

RiyaS2 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This time it was different as it was not one female lead season this time it was two female leads but makers couldn't do justice in giving importance n equality to both leads hence this was bound to happen. Past seasons have always been clear there will be one Lead Naagin rest r side characters. But this time it was abt two naagin leads two lives two inter changing fates than wat happened ? 

Also they introduced Jasmin as Nayatara in white outfit gave her amazing intro scene she slayed it and Brinda was intro as Black naagin so obviously viewers will expect fall for Nayatara to be positive and brinda negative bcz she looks like a vamp in black outfit gives those vibes aura of negativity no offence but this is wat I as a viewer felt while watching show. 

Now makers think by replacing her with some other actress who can play negative role in nayatara so be it atleast it's better than watching undesirable things n getting dissatisfied n hurt as a viewer. Makers did kill the excitement n hype they build up to see Nayantara mystery n her turning Naagin 🤔 

All the best to Jasmin hope she gets good opportunities n better think read script n than choose roles. 👍🏼

Originally posted by: Rein123

Also adaa and Anita both have taken up negative roles before, and their characters might have had a proper transition from grey/positive to negative. 

Jasmin has never played a grey shade character till date let alone negative character, so I don’t know how exactly can you compare them with Jas? Also Jas herself had confirmed that her character was not a vamp, at the most it was grey, and when the viewers themselves are shocked at how the characters turned out what do you think the actress herself would feel about being cheated? No matter what an actor does to portray a character, if the story itself doesn’t make any sense then it all goes down the drain. Covering up the blunder won’t erase the fact that it actually happened. 

Edited by Para-shi - 4 years ago
opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Typical ekta .. same thing she did in recent with karan singh grover in kasautii... trying to butcher and make the character sidey , taki actor khud show chor de and  next actor se iv dilaou - it was pre planned .. iyea same iv karan ne bhi dia after the exit.. toh ekta tum kyu late ho reputed actors ko agar unkay character ko justify nei kar sakte ho toh apne show mai? ...👎🏼

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago