Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: opsora2090

Typical ekta .. same thing she did in recent with karan singh grover in kasautii... trying to butcher and make the character sidey , taki actor khud show chor de and  next actor se iv dilaou - it was pre planned .. iyea same iv karan ne bhi dia after the exit.. toh ekta tum kyu late ho reputed actors ko agar unkay character ko justify nei kar sakte ho toh apne show mai? ...👎🏼

nothing in KZK 😛same rinse repeat restart only holding mainleads intact😛 Same saga of Naagin franchise 😛 who say against ekta 😈 it's every where pre-planned roles to dissolve in middle🤪

Originally posted by: Rein123

Bold modern women? Then why did they make such a big issue over Brinda and Dev being locked up in a room for a night? What does Dev mean by Brinda is still ‘Pavitra’ and innocent as she was before? Why is Jasmin wearing western and Brinda ethnic wear all the time? The only bold and modern positive Naagin I saw till date was Shravani a.k.a Surbhi. Also The very first Naagin i.e. sayantani she was anything but bold and modern in her previous show where she was a naagin, same goes for Mouni and Bela who were introduced as innocent and sweet village traditional women. The only good thing Nia can do is the vengeance part, the cute innocent traditional girl act was not very convincing and looks as forced as Jasmin’s negative act.

And no Jasmin was pretty good as a positive Naagin in the initial episodes, you can’t blame her if there was a last minute change in the script. Even as a negative character her expressions are spot on, however the only reason it didn’t work out was because of the fact that it all happened out of the blue and suddenly. Even the best actor possible in that situation cannot be blamed for the shitty execution of the story by the makers.

LOL it was the families who made an issue out of it, not Brinda herself. I meant that Naagins are bold and modern in terms of character and behavior. They are not sacrificial bahus, they dont cry unnecessarily and they are strong, assertive and independent women who know what they want. Bold doesn't mean only skin show. Vishakha was a vamp but she wears sarees most of the time. What does that prove? 

So yes, Naagins are bold and independent women unlike most Indian TV leads. So there's no contradiction. 

Edited by Mahisa22 - 4 years ago
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

IDK for me all three leads have failed,  I'm new to Jas's work but she sure had experience to know how it goes when there are two leads, her, zain and that guy's(i don't know his name)  was the example so was that rashmi/sid/jas show. The only exception in these kind of show was when Aditi overshadowed drashti/shakti in sillsila despite having all kind of possibilities to be sidetracked.  There is still a possibility for her to be resurrected,  mystery with nayan hasn't ended yet...  Plus wasn't there a pic of her and Anita in naagin costume?  I don't think exit was pre-planned as well but she honestly hasn't achieved anything spectacular in terms of acting. Leaving or staying should be one's own choice but she couldn't handle grey character,her scenes with manyata were good though. Nia is good actor,  she screams when required and can be mysterious when required but IDK why here it isn't utilized,  that Dev guy so long has a flowerpot role and episodes are just fillers....  They could have waited and planned before going on air....  

Edited by Zephyr_57 - 4 years ago
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

LOL it was the families who made an issue out of it, not Brinda herself. I meant that Naagins are bold and modern in terms of character and behavior. They are not sacrificial bahus, they dont cry unnecessarily and they are strong, assertive and independent women who know what they want. Bold doesn't mean only skin show. Vishakha was a vamp but she wears sarees most of the time. What does that prove? 

So yes, Naagins are bold and independent women unlike most Indian TV leads. So there's no contradiction. 

@bold well it certainly doesn’t mean goody two shoes sanskaari conservative character either.

Yes the families made an issue, but the question is why? Isn’t it because they expect Brinda to be a sanskaari traditional Indian woman? And what did Dev mean by Brinda is still Pavitra? Isn’t this is a fact that according to him that a woman who is not a Virgin is impure? If Brinda is supposed to be bold and modern then why didn’t she fight back the people who were painting her fathers face black and shut them up by saying that there is nothing wrong with having sex outside marriage? If she was so modern then she should have stood up against the idea that a woman losing her virginity before marriage is impure. 

She is trying hard to portray a goody two shoes sanskaari character and then with her accent or the way she speaks she comes across as anything but  not a poor pandit’s daughter for sure.

Adaa was a vamp she wore western most of the time, taamsi was a vamp she also wore western most of the time, then here we have Nayantara who is seen western most of the time and makers tried to make her a vamp. This proves that according to ekta, women who are modern and prefer western outfits over traditional Indian ones are negative and should be shown like that on television (not ALTBalaji). She did that with Pari in PR as well. In fact she does this in all of her shows. Anita could be an exception but even Anita is shown wearing western in quite a lot of episodes. Moreover Anita was shown as a vamp at the very end of season 3, that is the very last scene of the last episode and somewhere in the middle temporarily as well, so it doesn’t count much.

Nia who has played bold characters, like Aliya in twisted 1 and 2, then a grey shade in IMMJ where she was seen pole dancing as the plastic surgery done arohi. What do you expect? After doing all that she comes back to playing an innocent traditional Indian sanskaari woman, obviously it will look and feel weird. Image matters as well not just acting, unless she has the skills to pull it off well. And I’m not talking about her as the vengeful Naagin, that part no doubt she will do well as she has the level of aggression required, however she lacks the grace or rather no longer has the grace required to pull of a traditional, sanskaari Indian woman type of character and it clearly shows in her acting as well. Something that Mouni and sayantani had when they were playing Naagin bahu’s on ITV or maybe it’s just that we can’t get over her previous avatars on ITV.

Edited by Rein123 - 4 years ago

@bold well it certainly doesn’t mean goody two shoes sanskaari conservative character either.

Yes the families made an issue, but the question is why? Isn’t it because they expect Brinda to be a sanskaari traditional Indian woman? And what did Dev mean by Brinda is still Pavitra? Isn’t this is a fact that according to him that a woman who is not a Virgin is impure? If Brinda is supposed to be bold and modern then why didn’t she fight back the people who were painting her fathers face black and shut them up by saying that there is nothing wrong with having sex outside marriage? If she was so modern then she should have stood up against the idea that a woman losing her virginity before marriage is impure. 

She is trying hard to portray a goody two shoes sanskaari character and then with her accent or the way she speaks she comes across as anything but  not a poor pandit’s daughter for sure.

Adaa was a vamp she wore western most of the time, taamsi was a vamp she also wore western most of the time, then here we have Nayantara who is seen western most of the time and makers tried to make her a vamp. This proves that according to ekta, women who are modern and prefer western outfits over traditional Indian ones are negative and should be shown like that on television (not ALTBalaji). She did that with Pari in PR as well. In fact she does this in all of her shows. Anita could be an exception but even Anita is shown wearing western in quite a lot of episodes. Moreover Anita was shown as a vamp at the very end of season 3, that is the very last scene of the last episode and somewhere in the middle temporarily as well, so it doesn’t count much.

Nia who has played bold characters, like Aliya in twisted 1 and 2, then a grey shade in IMMJ where she was seen pole dancing as the plastic surgery done arohi. What do you expect? After doing all that she comes back to playing an innocent traditional Indian sanskaari woman, obviously it will look and feel weird. Image matters as well not just acting, unless she has the skills to pull it off well. And I’m not talking about her as the vengeful Naagin, that part no doubt she will do well as she has the level of aggression required, however she lacks the grace or rather no longer has the grace required to pull of a traditional, sanskaari Indian woman type of character and it clearly shows in her acting as well. Something that Mouni and sayantani had when they were playing Naagin bahu’s on ITV or maybe it’s just that we can’t get over her previous avatars on ITV.

Shivanya and Shivabgi both wore sarees with sexy blouses, also western dresses occasionally. 

Brinda is a goody-two shoes, that's a fact. She did not know she's a Naagin. But Shivanya, Shivangi and Bela were never goody two-shoes. So your statement about "Naagins not being bold and modern" doesn't hold here. When Vishakha was positive, she still was seductive and flirty. Shivanya also tried her hand in seduction once along with Sesha (seducing some Sheikhs who came to get Naagmani). 

So yes, naagins are supposed to be bold and strong. Though I agree that Nia is irritating ad the goody two-shoes Brinda. But she's a good actress unlike Nayantara. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

i loved both nia n Jasmine.I felt both are doing justice to their characters.I think image can change at any time.there are many actors who went image change.before twisted nia  played sweet innocent characters in 2 tv shows.I think the makers of naagin want naagins to be sexy n it's bcz of nia's sexy look only she was cast as naagin.

Actually she was pretty fine as a naagin, I.e. a positive naagin. She is not meant for negative roles as she just doesn’t fit the image of a negative character. Ekta should have realised this the moment she signed her up. After playing a positive lead for several years that even in different shows how did Ekta assume that people will randomly accept her in a negative role? Similarly those who have watched Nia before but are not her fans find her playing an innocent sweet character weird, and no she’s just doesn’t fit into the naagin image like Surbhi, Mouni, and sayantani. P.S. this is not a performance issue but rather an image issue we are talking about.

Nia sharma has this image of a bold, modern woman so it’s just not easy for us to see her play a naagin, similarly Jasmin has this image of a sweet bubbly girl, plus her baby face just makes it even more difficult to see her play a vamp.

Jasmin as a naagin was a pretty good fit into the role, especially in the first two episodes, she looked and seemed very natural in her act. But after this baby swap nonsense it was quite obvious that she was feeling uncomfortable with the sudden change in the storyline as it literally showed on her face at times.

Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Shivanya and Shivabgi both wore sarees with sexy blouses, also western dresses occasionally. 

Brinda is a goody-two shoes, that's a fact. She did not know she's a Naagin. But Shivanya, Shivangi and Bela were never goody two-shoes. So your statement about "Naagins not being bold and modern" doesn't hold here. When Vishakha was positive, she still was seductive and flirty. Shivanya also tried her hand in seduction once along with Sesha (seducing some Sheikhs who came to get Naagmani). 

So yes, naagins are supposed to be bold and strong. Though I agree that Nia is irritating ad the goody two-shoes Brinda. But she's a good actress unlike Nayantara. 

@bold What does being a goody two shoes have to do with being bold and modern? Nothing! You can be modern and a b*%$ at the same time. Shivangi, Shivanya and Bela were positive leads, they did not kill anyone without a reason. And whatever they did was out of reason, so your right they were not the goody two shoes character, however they weren't raunchy either, at the most they were subtle like the other ITV bahus during the romance scenes. If they were then the channel would end up receiving complaints from the audience or people wouldn't be able to watch the show on tv.

Shivanya tried her hand at seduction, but that was only once, and that also with the intention to hurt their enemies, so that would make them cunning not bold. and what they did was not that explicit either.

'Shivanya and shivangi wore sarees with sexy blouses', yes they did but not in every other episode or on a frequent basis as compared to the vamp naagins minus Sumitra. Moreover, when it comes to a saree, its a sexy outfit already regardless of the type of blouse you wear unless you think otherwise, so does that make every woman that wears a saree bold? Plus we have seen quite a lot of actresses wear that in other shows so does that make them bold characters?

My issue is not the saree but rather why Ekta makes it look like women who prefer wearing western outfits as negative characters in her show while  the positive character is mostly seen wearing the traditional indian ethnic wear?

"When Vishakha was positive, she was seductive and flirty" however she was not the main naagin but rather the supporting naagin, same goes for shesha. Nayantara here was not introduced as a supporting character but rather as a main so the expectation for her was to be the opposite.

Now coming to the definition of bold what exactly do you mean by bold, is it skin show? woman who is quite liberal when it comes to sex? Murderous psychopath? having multiple partners or two timing? Consuming tobacco and alcohol etc or is it a woman that is independent financially, who is a leader at the workspace, single mother, intelligent, believes and fights for equal rights? manipulating and opportunistic? Ambitious?

If you have another definition for bold than feel free to add it, but as per me, I don't find the PFL naagins bold in any manner, they may be modern though but not bold.

Edited by Rein123 - 4 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

In YHM  Ruhi n Aliya were modern n Ada was modern on pardes.shrishti wears modern clothes on KDB.on KZK Sneha used to wear modern dresses mostly n when she ore sarees also blouse was quite modern.But positive characters.

@bold What does being a goody two shoes have to do with being bold and modern? Nothing! You can be modern and a b*%$ at the same time. Shivangi, Shivanya and Bela were positive leads, they did not kill anyone without a reason. And whatever they did was out of reason, so your right they were not the goody two shoes character, however they weren't raunchy either, at the most they were subtle like the other ITV bahus during the romance scenes. If they were then the channel would end up receiving complaints from the audience or people wouldn't be able to watch the show on tv.

Shivanya tried her hand at seduction, but that was only once, and that also with the intention to hurt their enemies, so that would make them cunning not bold. and what they did was not that explicit either.

'Shivanya and shivangi wore sarees with sexy blouses', yes they did but not in every other episode or on a frequent basis as compared to the vamp naagins minus Sumitra. Moreover, when it comes to a saree, its a sexy outfit already regardless of the type of blouse you wear unless you think otherwise, so does that make every woman that wears a saree bold? Plus we have seen quite a lot of actresses wear that in other shows so does that make them bold characters?

My issue is not the saree but rather why Ekta makes it look like women who prefer wearing western outfits as negative characters in her show while  the positive character is mostly seen wearing the traditional indian ethnic wear?

"When Vishakha was positive, she was seductive and flirty" however she was not the main naagin but rather the supporting naagin, same goes for shesha. Nayantara here was not introduced as a supporting character but rather as a main so the expectation for her was to be the opposite.

Now coming to the definition of bold what exactly do you mean by bold, is it skin show? woman who is quite liberal when it comes to sex? Murderous psychopath? having multiple partners or two timing? Consuming tobacco and alcohol etc or is it a woman that is independent financially, who is a leader at the workspace, single mother, intelligent, believes and fights for equal rights? manipulating and opportunistic? Ambitious?

If you have another definition for bold than feel free to add it, but as per me, I don't find the PFL naagins bold in any manner, they may be modern though but not bold.

Edited by jasminerahul - 4 years ago
Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

In YHM  Ruhi n Aliya were modern n Ada was modern on pardes.shrishti wears modern clothes on KDB.on KZK Sneha used to wear modern dresses mostly n when she ore sarees also blouse was quite modern.But positive characters.

Were any of these characters the main leads of the show? Sneha was prerna’s daughter, she eventually got sidelined later on, I haven’t watched YHM or KDB so I won’t comment on that much but if I’m not mistaken isn’t preeta the one that’s the main lead of that show? Adaa was in pardes for just a short amount of time, she was probably cameo I guess back then. Overall what I’m trying to point at is the fact that when characters are involved in a love triangle, she always makes the one who wears western clothes a vamp and traditional ethnic wear a saint.

Look at KKB( I don’t watch this show either but saw a few episodes in between), the girl who was raised by Pragya is shown wearing Indian most of the time and she is paired with the guy while the sister who is raised by Abhi is shown as a rich spoilt brat who is always plotting against the former. 

The only time she made an exception I guess was PKYEK,  where the actress playing  piya was shown wearing western but even she was called à behenji by her peers.

Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

i loved both nia n Jasmine.I felt both are doing justice to their characters.I think image can change at any time.there are many actors who went image change.before twisted nia  played sweet innocent characters in 2 tv shows.I think the makers of naagin want naagins to be sexy n it's bcz of nia's sexy look only she was cast as naagin.

Yes it can, I.e. if you’re a die hard fan of the actress or if you’re watching them for the first time. If you have watched them act before but found the performance good or convincing enough to leave an impression but not convert you into a fan then no it won’t unless you were invested emotionally in the character they were playing. Why do you think Chandrakanta by Ekta was not very successful? It’s because of Madhurima previously playing a negative character in some popular show which left an impression on the viewers to form their own biases, and suddenly playing the positive main lead that even quite late worked against even though she performed well as an actress. So no the image doesn’t change that easily.