Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

I am sorry. I really am. But this time, I was ready with the chapters. However, I never get things done easily. DO I? No! 

Seriously, I need to curse the slow speed internet, the damn server and the website for all kinds of issues that it had caused me for posting up this chapter. Anyways. Here I am at last. Even though I was meant to post two chapters, I could only manage 1. Well, retyping all of it does that to me. Sorry.

Hope you all enjoy reading this. 

PS: As always, not proofread. 

--

Chapter Sixteen:

(Exact Word Count: 1113 words)

Abir jogged towards the fenced boundary of the farmhouse. He badly felt the need to let off the steam. The need to for some form of physical exercise to clear his mind felt extremely important to him. He chose to go for a morning run. The certainty that it was what he needed at the moment wavered when his eyes landed to the now familiar figure – Mishti. The dark of the previous night still lingered, while the sun was yet to shine in its outrageous glory. It was comparatively too early for even a morning run. He wondered what could have possibly made her rise before the sun. Identical to the first night when he had a glimpse of her soul, she jogged without a concern for the world. Completely engrossed in the world of her own, the flimsy cords of her earphones dangled down her ears with each movement of hers. Even in the peaceful silence, she needed the comforting music to block the world. Making a mental note of how she constantly made an effort to avoid the people around, especially the ones who had no business with her. It dawned upon him that there were unknown reasons to her behavior – something that he wanted to get to the bottom of.

Unaware of the keen eyes watching her, Mishti jogged across the perimeter of the farmhouse. Her mind foggy with the memory of Kirti’s words from last night. The story she had recited pricked her. It was a reminder of the similar torment that she couldn’t get past with. The vague ending of the story confused her. She was left doubting her own decisions as she wondered if it could have been any different had she confided in someone. Was it possible that things would have been different had she faced the situation differently than how she did? Could sharing the jabbing comments and insulting remarks with any of her family member turned out to be any different?

But even with her mind clouding with the various what ifs, she didn’t think that she could do it. Her family mattered the most to her, as she did to them. However, she wondered, how long it would take for them to look at her through the magnified lens of the society? Once they did, they would see how flawed she was, how broken she was, and how unworthy of their love she was. It was something she couldn’t bring herself to face. If a day ever came where her family looked at her with similar eyes like that of the stingy eyes of the crowd, she would lose that single ray of hope in life. The ray of hope, her aunt, Akshara had handed over to her when she had taken her in after she had lost her parents in that horrible accident.

“Hey!” she was abruptly awakened from her thoughts with a yank at her shoulder and the scream in her ears. Damn! She cursed under her breath ready to snap the person’s head, who dared to startle her. She turned her stormy, murderous eyes at the culprit to find a scowling Abir.

“What are you thinking so deep about? I have been calling for you,” he complained. The only answer he received was an eye-roll paired with a shrug, instantly dropping his hand away from her. She continued to jog avoiding him as much as she could, though she knew he was equally persistent. And rightfully so, with a quick footwork he matched her pace while jogging backwards with his eyes pinned at her as he faced her.

“Hey, why the cold shoulder?” He asked accusingly. From where they left the previous night, he thought they were at least civil to each other if not on friendly terms. However, she now seemed to have switched back to being hostile. He wondered if by any chance he had given her another reason to be so. He could come up with none. Not that he could think of.

With the signature eye-roll, she bestowed him with a question in turn, “Do I need another reason to?” ‘Have you not given me enough reason already?’ She kept that to herself. If he was smart, he would pick on the unspoken words. And he did.

His shoulders slumped in defeat. Still, he refused to let go, “I thought after yesterday, we weren't that repulsive to the idea of having a conversation with me. I guess, I got the wrong idea," his expressions dropped when she didn't show the slightest bit of sign to refute.  Mishti, on the other hand, was battling her inner conflicted thoughts. Initially, when she had met his troubled eyes as he saved her from another fall the previous night, she had eased out his concern along with Kirti's on an instinct. However, it wasn't the reason for her jumbled thoughts. There was guilt as she recollected what she had done after. To draw Kirti's attention away from the fiasco that took place during the function, she had purposely enacted in a certain way. The casual remark and the friendly vibe was all an act put up for Kirti. She had played Abir and toyed with his emotions and hope. And now the guilt overtook her. She wished he hadn't mentioned about it at all. Of course, life never played fair. And his sulking expression didn't help her either. 

She squeezed her eyes shut, collecting her thoughts and composing herself. "I am sorry," she mumbled with a sigh as she dug her heels onto the ground, halting her footsteps. He thought, she was apologizing for giving him the cold shoulder. To eradicate the budding confusion, she added, "I purposely acted casual last night." His brows drew together in puzzlement. "I didn't want my bhabhi to find out any more unusual instances than what she already was picking on," she quickly explained. Things started to make sense and in spite of being annoyed at being used and played with, he felt relief wash over him. She was being honest - something he greatly valued. "And, then there's my brother. Bhai would have had your head if he found out," her eyes held panic as she narrated. 

"And you wouldn't want him to?" he countered, latching onto the last bits of her entire speech. Amusement danced in his eyes, as he thought of the reasons why. 

Unfortunately, her reasoning dampened his spirit, "Of course not! Bhai doesn't need to get his hands dirty." Her words slashed his hopes and he saw how highly she regarded Naksh. No different from how the said brother regarded her. That reminded him of the call he received from Naksh last night. 

--

Please do leave your valuable feedback. Suggestions, if any. And of course, criticism is welcomed as well. 

Next chapter tomorrow evening. A conversation between Naksh and Abir, along with the continuation of Mishti's conversation with Abir. 

Until next time, stay home, stay safe!!

Love,

Shenz ❤️

AnkitaPritu thumbnail

Please make it a larger part, please let mish vent out her frustration to somebody atleast otherwise it's gonna be very hurtful to her n to abir also .... want their story to progress as mishti is somewhat stuck at present in her last n others views abt her...

Hope you don't mind, 

Eagerly awaiting

tumhiho thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Reading Mishti’s POV was a delight. We finally saw what’s in her head. Her head is full of insecurity and doubt. Sigh. When will this girl realize she is worthy of all the love?

She doesn’t have to prove it to anyone. But when someone is so used that feeling of worthlessness and insecurity, it’s hard to shake those feelings off. I’m glad she thought about what would have happened if she had confided in someone. Yes Mishti, result would’ve been different. But it’s not an easy thing to do, especially for a young person. You need to have a solid foundation and trust in those around you to do that. Mishti, already losing her parents once, then losing another set of parents. And being blamed for it, it’s not something you can get over in a day or so. 

Coming to Mishti and Abir’s jog- 

Have to admit that I felt bad for our Abir Rajvansh🥺 Here he was thinking, she had let bygones be bygones but got slapped with the harsh reality. I do like that about Mishti, she’s in your face. She’s not afraid to put you in your place when you’re invading her space. Wish she was this way with those ladies. I also liked that she apologized to him for playing with his feelings even if it was for a few seconds. The poor guy is obviously into you😆😉
Curious about what Naksh and Abir talked about🤔 maybe he was telling Abir to keep an eye on his sister as he knows Abir well? Hmm let’s seeee🥳

Thank you for this lovely update of Mishti’s feelings and thoughts. It was lovely to read 👏🤗

Edited by tumhiho - 4 years ago
ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkitaPritu

Please make it a larger part, please let mish vent out her frustration to somebody atleast otherwise it's gonna be very hurtful to her n to abir also .... want their story to progress as mishti is somewhat stuck at present in her last n others views abt her...

Hope you don't mind, 

Eagerly awaiting

Okay, this might not be what you wish to hear. But I am lazy. And for me to complete a story that i start, I need to be constant with writing. And given my restricted tie schedule, shirt updates are all I can manage. That's one reason, I like to keep the updates regular in spit of the short length. So, in short it all depends on the time I have left with me. 

Trust me, today I had only wrapped up my work post 10 at night. It was only after that, that I could actually sit and make an attempt to write. 

Her venting out or not is something you will witness soon. And trust me, their story will progress even though steadily with steps smaller than those baby steps.. maybe. 

I absolutely don't mind. Because you letting me know what you would like to read and how, gives me an insight of the areas I could work more. And thanks for that. 🤗

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: tumhiho

Reading Mishti’s POV was a delight. We finally saw what’s in her head. Her head is full of insecurity and doubt. Sigh. When will this girl realize she is worthy of all the love?

She doesn’t have to prove it to anyone. But when someone is so used that feeling of worthlessness and insecurity, it’s hard to shake those feelings off. I’m glad she thought about what would have happened if she had confided in someone. Yes Mishti, result would’ve been different. But it’s not an easy thing to do, especially for a young person. You need to have a solid foundation and trust in those around you to do that. Mishti, already losing her parents once, then losing another set of parents. And being blamed for it, it’s not something you can get over in a day or so. 

Coming to Mishti and Abir’s jog- 

Have to admit that I felt bad for our Abir Rajvansh🥺 Here he was thinking, she had let bygones be bygones but got slapped with the harsh reality. I do like that about Mishti, she’s in your face. She’s not afraid to put you in your place when you’re invading her space. Wish she was this way with those ladies. I also liked that she apologized to him for playing with his feelings even if it was for a few seconds. The poor guy is obviously into you😆😉
Curious about what Naksh and Abir talked about🤔 maybe he was telling Abir to keep an eye on his sister as he knows Abir well? Hmm let’s seeee🥳

Thank you for this lovely update of Mishti’s feelings and thoughts. It was lovely to read 👏🤗

Thank you so much!! 🤗

Well, he wouldn't realize her worth until there is an exact measure to quantify that. Just kidding. But we do know, it's difficult to get oast those insecurities that are deeply rooted in our minds. 

Well there are more surprises for him in stores and you will see just how. I guess, you will like them. At least I am hoping you will. 

You get to read what he talked about with Naksh. And Mishti, well, she has a long way to go, I believe. 

Thanks once again. It's always amazing to read from you. 🤗

ShenzK thumbnail

Posting the chapter on the next page. :)

ShenzK thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

AnkitaPritu thumbnail

I'm confused by naksha call to Abir...that what he wants from him🤔🤔

Please tk time but write longer part next n I want a bit mellow Mishti n Abir conversation.. atleast before marriage.. otherwise this function will go wasteful....give some alone time 

tumhiho thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Well well well.. Should I say Abir put his foot in his mouth? Naksh went from literally finding Abir's number, calling him past midnight in order to ensure his sister's safety to wishing he never called this guy in the first place.

I am not surprised at anything Abir said after I thought hard about it. When I started reading, I was but then I remembered back to initial chapters. The same arrogance and kinda jerk vibes are back. I guess those traits got hidden somewhere with his guilt and plight with Mishti. He's back in full form after he realized he might still have a chance with her again/ Maybe I am analyzing it wrong, but that's what I got from his behavior. 

Also I really liked how his ears perk up at the mere mention of Mishti. That is super cute, but he should calm it down if he wants to be in anyone's good books.

Also a special mention to our over-protective bear Naksh but he should be careful how much he coddles her because she might just run the other direction.

I really love how you describe each scenario in such a way that the reader is so engrossed. And also how do you manage to connect me to characters even when I don't like their actions? I guess because you use that mystery element in your writing. Like I want to know why he's doing this or that, there's more to the character than meets the eye. 

Til next time can't wait to read Abir and Mishti's jog-conversation

Edited by tumhiho - 4 years ago
screen22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sorry for late reply read all 4 chapters together.😳

Interesting and challenging of the outcome when Naksh arrives at the wedding, will Mishit open up to bhabhi or will both face the reality when it is front of there faces.

Let’s hope Abir is on the right side?

Please continue soon