Question to married women. - Page 3

Poll

Would you divorce your husband for just one slap?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

What about other around?

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I would defintely leave my husband if he slaps me

I have seen enough domestic violence in my house, I shouldn't and won't tolerate it

Since its not so easy to leave, it is better to become financially stronger so that after divorce, we don't come to the streets.

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

why just stop at divorce, i will lodge a case against him also.

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

its not "just a slap"..it means he has no respect for you/he thinks he has the male right to discipline you..

a husband who loves and respects you wouldn't out of the blue slap you..

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

It's not just a slap, I mean a partner won't slap a person in one fine day. It is usually after innumerous taken for granted incident a person slaps his partner , subconsciously they believe that he has the right to treat her that way . I would never tolerate these kind of disrespect. Honestly my instant response would be pushing him away or slapping him and obviously a typical man won't tolerate such reaction and the marriage will end sooner or later . To all those who believe that for the sake of children , woman should forgive and let go of the incident , if we do so unknowingly we are passing the same culture to next generation and self respect and dignity of woman in relationship would be a dream.

Edited by Kamala05 - 4 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I'm not married yet so I'll be answering this hypothetically.

If I were a married woman, and I got slapped, first of all, I'd be shocked and taken aback because even my own parents never laid their hands on me even when I was a child. So for my husband to resort to physical abuse even though we're both adults and could have verbally sorted it out, that slap is much more deeper than just one strike of his hand, because that means I wasn't reading the signs and I read him wrong. The worst thing to do would be for me to ignore it because then it's like giving him the license to do it again and again.

I wouldn't divorce him (yet), but I would punish him by leaving the house and I'd probably live separately from him for months until he comes to his senses and understands the gravity of his wrongdoing. Only if he apologizes profusely publicly in front of his and my family members, I'd consider forgiving him. So that the next time this happens all of them would know that I gave him a chance before, so no one would legit say a word against my decision of divorcing him, and in fact (if they are sane) they would support me.

Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I would give one chance and then leave forever if happens again. 

That being said, people with anger management issues shouldn't get into relationships.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

My husband treats me like a princess...so I can't even imagine him hitting me.....so I am going to try to answer this hypothetically.....suppose if he has always treated me with love and respect and that one day...because of some frustration or misunderstanding he slaps me...I would first try to analyse why that happened.....what would I have done in his place...I would have a talk with him and if he is really apologetic about it...then no...I won't divorce him....but if he always treats me with disrespect...and that one day he hits me too....then definitely yes....I would divorce him....violence is always wrong....whether ur husband has always respected u or disrespected u....but I will atleast try to understand it in the former case.....a lot goes into marriage and making it successful.....no I won't give up on a perfectly good marriage because of one slap.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

no I won't give up on a perfectly good marriage because of one slap.

I think the same way. But I also don’t think anyone who feels differently is wrong by any means. It’s Just have they to live their own life. For example people said cheating was glorified in Biwi no.1. An that film was regressive. I mean that situation happens all the time tho. Cheaters are forgiven and given more chances. Husbands, wives, even partners in same sex relationships. Everyone has to navigate their life how they know best 

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

My husband treats me like a princess...so I can't even imagine him hitting me.....so I am going to try to answer this hypothetically.....suppose if he has always treated me with love and respect and that one day...because of some frustration or misunderstanding he slaps me...I would first try to analyse why that happened.....what would I have done in his place...I would have a talk with him and if he is really apologetic about it...then no...I won't divorce him....but if he always treats me with disrespect...and that one day he hits me too....then definitely yes....I would divorce him....violence is always wrong....whether ur husband has always respected u or disrespected u....but I will atleast try to understand it in the former case.....a lot goes into marriage and making it successful.....no I won't give up on a perfectly good marriage because of one slap.

Though I'm not married yet but I agree to what you said. I almost feel the same way.