Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

PR machinery fully at work . Making it into race issue . 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Anachronist

PR machinery fully at work . Making it into race issue . 

As the title says Coming or going, Meghan gets the blame -- 

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anjs

The Queen Prince Charles and William are already meeting to punish them....do you think they will let these two keep the title minus the duties ?....there were talks about disinherit Harry from whatever money they are getting as of now......

What kind of  financial independence involves making tax payers pay for Harry and his family's traveling bills?... How is he financially independent when he is taking money from his father?... If I tell my dad that I am cutting all  ties with him... I don't want to be a part of this family... But he has to pay for my bills.. What my father does next is his choice... What William and Charles do is their choice... If Harry wants to be financially independent he should have left the title and money.... But they want the fame which comes from victim hood 

hereagainbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

she signed a contract with disney today

she wants to be a royalty but also a celeb who attends the top parties/met galas etc

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

They are giving up duties....not their title... They get money for traveling and if I remember correctly Harry gets annual allowance from Charles... More than this Harry has millions from Diana's will.... 

It doesn't take alot to stop doing things you are getting paid for when you get paid regardless of it.... If they want to be independent they should leave the title too.. 

They are going financially independent, I think it means they will not get paid like usually.. 

Diana's property ofcourse its her son, he will get it, that has nothing to do with this. 

they are giving up their royal life n duties n I don't think they will get paid from publics taxes anymore..

anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

What kind of  financial independence involves making tax payers pay for Harry and his family's traveling bills?... How is he financially independent when he is taking money from his father?... If I tell my dad that I am cutting all  ties with him... I don't want to be a part of this family... But he has to pay for my bills.. What my father does next is his choice... What William and Charles do is their choice... If Harry wants to be financially independent he should have left the title and money.... But they want the fame which comes from victim hood 

I dont understand your reply........isn't the whole discussion about how he gave up his title, then where does your point in @blue comes from ????............ till now he was dong his royal duties so was availing the luxuries with it..........now he said he doesn't want to be a royal meaning he will let go of his duties. Obviously the queen will remove his title and wont give him all the benefits he is getting now..........he said he wants to be financial independent and is actively working towards it by registering a title which he will use to open his own business.......... doesnt that mean he will not be taking money from his father......

i dont think he said i wont be a royal but want the royal family to foot my bills.........

they had already started moving away from the family by celebrating christmas in canada with her mother. They even skipped the queens official christmas celebrations, which was already a big news...... archie was not even there when the queen distributed gifts for the kids of the family....... so they are making it known that they want to separate properly, not keep luxuries yet be separate......

and obviously he must be knowing that the moment he speaks about giving up the title and the duties, the queen will take it as a rebellion and disinherit him from the family's properties. And that is the talks going on............ i think everyone must be aware that the Queen won't take this rebellion lying down.........esp from someone who is considered low-class

Mimi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

They are going financially independent, I think it means they will not get paid like usually.. 

Diana's property ofcourse its her son, he will get it, that has nothing to do with this. 

they are giving up their royal life n duties n I don't think they will get paid from publics taxes anymore..

No, they want to get paid as usual, but also want to be able to live half the time in US/ Canada. They don’t want to do any local royal engagements but they want to do the glamorous official tours to other countries. They want the tax payer to pay for their security, not only in the UK, but also overseas. It’s going to cost the tax payer double of what they’re paying currently. They also want Charles to give them Duchy of Cornwall money. At the same time they want to cash in on their titles and sign endorsement deals with a Disney and designers like Givenchy. 

If this is about racism, and they want to quit and have a private life I think everybody would be sympathetic. But this is all about keeping their current funding and privileges from the royal family but also making more money on the side by casing in on the royal connections. While doing no work.

Mimi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I dont understand your reply........isn't the whole discussion about how he gave up his title, then where does your point in @blue comes from ????............ till now he was dong his royal duties so was availing the luxuries with it..........now he said he doesn't want to be a royal meaning he will let go of his duties. Obviously the queen will remove his title and wont give him all the benefits he is getting now..........he said he wants to be financial independent and is actively working towards it by registering a title which he will use to open his own business.......... doesnt that mean he will not be taking money from his father......

i dont think he said i wont be a royal but want the royal family to foot my bills.........

they had already started moving away from the family by celebrating christmas in canada with her mother. They even skipped the queens official christmas celebrations, which was already a big news...... archie was not even there when the queen distributed gifts for the kids of the family....... so they are making it known that they want to separate properly, not keep luxuries yet be separate......

and obviously he must be knowing that the moment he speaks about giving up the title and the duties, the queen will take it as a rebellion and disinherit him from the family's properties. And that is the talks going on............ i think everyone must be aware that the Queen won't take this rebellion lying down.........esp from someone who is considered low-class

No, read their website. No where do they say they want to give up royal duties. They say they want to be part time royals by continuing to do official tours and any other engagements that THEY pick and choose. They are ONLY giving up sovereign funding which is only 5% of their expenses. They still want to Charles to keep funding them. He pays about £2 million to them every year from his Duchy of Cornwall which is 95% of their income. They still want that to continue. They are giving up the other 5% because if they take that sovereign grant money, then they are officially called “senior royals” and can’t make private money. But by giving up the 5% they think they can now earn millions by doing product endorsements. They trademarked the sussexroyal name so they can use it and make money on various products. 

He has his own money from Diana but he doesn’t want to spend that obviously. And no he never said he’ll give up any titles. 

anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mimi_

No, read their website. No where do they say they want to give up royal duties. They say they want to be part time royals by continuing to do official tours and any other engagements that THEY pick and choose. They are ONLY giving up sovereign funding which is only 5% of their expenses. They still want to Charles to keep funding them. He pays about £2 million to them every year from his Duchy of Cornwall which is 95% of their income. They still want that to continue. They are giving up the other 5% because if they take that sovereign grant money, then they are officially called “senior royals” and can’t make private money. But by giving up the 5% they think they can now earn millions by doing product endorsements. They trademarked the sussexroyal name so they can use it and make money on various products. 

He has his own money from Diana but he doesn’t want to spend that obviously. And no he never said he’ll give up any titles. 

this is what i read :

sussexroyal's profile picture

sussexroyalVerified

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

----------------------------------------------------------

and to me, it sounded like they are progressively taking back steps from being members of the royal family..........meaning they slowly will cease to be royals.....of course they will mention about supporting the queen. ............and they are also planning to launch a new charitable entity........ they mentioned that they will collaborate with the queen and the royal family, but i dont read it as taking money from them, while not doing anything...........i read it as being supportive of what the royal family is doing and continue to be there if there is any help needed from these two.........

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

That's exactly what Harry and Megan want. They want to keep their royal titles, keep Frogmore Cottage (owned by Queen, paid by taxes), and keep their royal security (bills will increase 10 fold now that they want to move to another country) while skipping royal duties like event appearances and charity work. 

One of the rules for royals is that they are not allowed to earn income. That is one of the biggest things pinching Meghan. She wants to cash in her royal clout and earn money. She also wants a celebrity lifestyle like an A-list movie star, not be stuck in London attending boring charity events.

This D-lister before marriage now wants to be an A-list celebrity with the same HW stars kissing her bum that would have ignored her in her Suits days.