Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

PC used to praise her so much. 🤣Meghan dumped her before she could blink. 

I genuinely thought they were friends once upon a time. But that sounds history.. 

Don't know what to believe.. is Meghan really a social climber or was she wronged by the British royal snobs.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mishh007

Prince Charles - Harry’s father and heir to the throne

Buddha saari zindagi heir hi banke reh jaayega.Badi Budhiya rajgaddi pe baithne nahi degi.😆

Exactly what I was thinking🤣

He is like our Advani ji (PM in waiting). King in the waiting.

@On topic: I totally agree with their right to break away. But, in that case they should give up their titles, security, and the money they get from the royals for their expensive lifestyle. Tax payers ko toh exploit karna chod do, it is really unfair on them. Aisa kiya kya hai inlogo ne, ki public inka bojh uthaate rahe.

Maybe she will get back to TV shows/acting now. She had to give that up after marriage. What else will they do to become 'that' financially independent. Inke kharche hi itne hote hain.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Billi_Bangalan

Six months ago Harry and Meghan applied to the UK Intellectual Property Office to trademark the phrases Sussex Royal and Sussex Royal Foundation for items ranging from books and charity campaigns to pyjamas and socks.

Iraada kya hai? Royal merchandise?  Ye bech khayenge Crown ko😆

Maybe they will act as themselves in 'The Crown', the show might approach Meghan to play herself once they reach maybe the 6-7th season😆

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: togepe30

Maybe she will get back to TV shows/acting now. She had to give that up after marriage. What else will they do to become 'that' financially independent. Inke kharche hi itne hote hain.

They will make millions using their royal clout. Going on the celebrity circuit and giving speeches and making appearances = millions. Megan is already negotiating with fashion brands like Givenchy, maybe to be their ambassador. 

They claim they will live in Canada but I think it's a lie. They still stay there until everything blows over and then move to New York or LA so they can hang out with Oprah and the Clooneys. She can act or do a talk show too. She will be the classy royal Kardashian. 

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Daal mein jaroor kuch kaala hai . Ab faltoo ka racism ka tadka daal rahe hain to make excuse .

5-6 months mein mag covers and interviews chaloo ho jaenge

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Good for them... That family is toxic n they way Meghan was bashed n trolled for every small thing was horrible... N ppl call her gold digger, if she really was that she would be would a*se licking that old hag bt here she is giving it up n going independent however they will do it... Getting back to acting or modeling or writing whatever it will be their money not tax payers... 

Its soo good to see Harry standing up for her n supporting her, n he always looked like he hated his family, there was always bitterness there, he is mumma's boy. 

Wish them luck

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

Good for them... That family is toxic n they way Meghan was bashed n trolled for every small thing was horrible... N ppl call her gold digger, if she really was that she would be would a*se licking that old hag bt here she is giving it up n going independent however they will do it... Getting back to acting or modeling or writing whatever it will be their money not tax payers... 

Its soo good to see Harry standing up for her n supporting her, n he always looked like he hated his family, there was always bitterness there, he is mumma's boy. 

Wish them luck

They are giving up duties....not their title... They get money for traveling and if I remember correctly Harry gets annual allowance from Charles... More than this Harry has millions from Diana's will.... 

It doesn't take alot to stop doing things you are getting paid for when you get paid regardless of it.... If they want to be independent they should leave the title too.. 

falah5 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Y did they use millions of tax payer's money to renovate their castle if leaving was wat all they had in mind. Good they are leaving coz the racism faced by meghan was real not a made up tabloid story. She was really badly under scrutiny for every little thing, her baby was also not spared.. a BBC host called the baby as chimpanzee. Agree it's horrible but still it's just not entirely what it seems..

It's that they want to have the best of both the worlds. Keeping the privileges part, leaving the rest. 

Edited by falah5 - 4 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

They are giving up duties....not their title... They get money for traveling and if I remember correctly Harry gets annual allowance from Charles... More than this Harry has millions from Diana's will.... 

It doesn't take alot to stop doing things you are getting paid for when you get paid regardless of it.... If they want to be independent they should leave the title too.. 

The Queen Prince Charles and William are already meeting to punish them....do you think they will let these two keep the title minus the duties ?....there were talks about disinherit Harry from whatever money they are getting as of now......

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

a big article..........but if interested; people can read this

---------------------------------------------

Coming or going, Meghan gets the blame -- and it's because of her race

Analysis by Lisa Respers France, CNN

Updated 2141 GMT (0541 HKT) January 10, 2020

(CNN)From the moment Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made their relationship known to the public in 2016, the message many Britons sent to her was clear:

You aren't one of us, and you aren't welcome.

Meghan, a biracial, divorced American actress, was far from what many envisioned as a fairy-tale match for a beloved member of the British royal family. While many in the UK welcomed her, the British tabloid media and a large swath of the Twitterverse were not kind.

It became so bad that Kensington Palace released a statement scolding the press about its treatment of her.

Prince Harry takes on British tabloid newspapers

Prince Harry takes on British tabloid newspapers 02:54

Now the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, as Harry and Meghan are formally known, are drawing fire again. The couple's announcement that they're distancing themselves from the royal family has been met with shock and anger by many in England and beyond.

Suddenly, the message for Meghan has changed from "Why are you here?" to "Where do you think you're going?"

And again, some observers think racism is partly to blame.

"It was never going to end well," said Kehinde Andrews, an associate professor of sociology at Birmingham City University who launched the first black-studies degree in Europe.

"The British royal family is one of the premiere symbols of whiteness in the world. She was never going to be fully accepted."

Markle's 'audacity' is threatening to some people

While Meghan identifies as biracial, she is being treated as a black woman. Every black woman, including myself, knows what that means. As far as the world is concerned, your entire being is filtered through the color of your skin.

We've all heard the comments. "You are pretty for a black girl." "You speak so well."

And if you dare to reach beyond some imaginary line of demarcation, you're seen as "uppity."

Meghan's friend calls out 'racist bullies' who abuse the duchess

Meghan's friend calls out 'racist bullies' who abuse the duchess

The reaction to Meghan trying to carve out a new life with her husband "reinforces the stereotype of black women being destructive, divisive and unsatisfied," says Nsenga Burton, a professor at Emory University in Atlanta who specializes in the intersection of race, class, gender and the media.

Burton told CNN it's easy to see why black women have rallied around Meghan, because they see themselves in how she's being treated.

"People are cool with black women as long as we go along to get along," she said. "As soon as we start standing up for ourselves and saying, 'This is not working for me,' we become the problem."

Natasha Eubanks, founder and editor of TheYBF.com, a black celebrity site that has covered the royal couple, agrees.

"Having the audacity -- because that's what it is -- to exhibit self-sovereignty has always been a privilege reserved for men, especially white men," she told CNN. "Yet here is Meghan exhibiting this 'audacity' and it's being ... pushed forward by a white man who happens to be her husband."

Eubanks argues that Prince Harry presenting a united front with his spouse "triggers people" because it places "a white Prince of royal blood and a black American woman commoner" on equal footing.

"That sight doesn't sit well with everyone due to how they've been conditioned to view women and people of color, whether they realize it or not."

Critics are blaming her for the couple's decision

As a black woman, it's been infuriating to watch how Meghan has been treated.

Inside the Royal family

CNN's new Original Series goes inside the story of the world's most famous Royal family. "The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty" premieres Sunday, February 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Follow along with #TheWindsorsCNN.

Not just because racism hurts, but also because there was the sense that we weren't allowed to even enjoy the fairytale.

The prince in this story didn't slay dragons, he instead had to take on British tabloids and a society where class supposedly trumps race even as racism clearly remains an issue.

Andrews says British press coverage of Meghan has been "horrible," and he's not surprised that she's being blamed for what is being viewed by many as a schism in the royal family.

Harry and Meghan's decision to walk away has given the Queen a royal headache

Harry and Meghan's decision to walk away has given the Queen a royal headache

From the memes that say, "Prince Harry married a black woman and she made him move out of his mama's house," to journalist Piers Morgan tweeting that Meghan "ditched her family, ditched her Dad, ditched most of her old friends, split Harry from William & has now split him from the Royal Family," a narrative has formed that the duchess was the driving force in the decision.

That's unfair, says Andrews, who believes people are forgetting that Prince Harry has been outspoken about his desire to not be a traditional royal.

"He's always wanted to do his own thing," Andrews told CNN. "Even his insistence on marrying a black woman, he knew what he was doing. This has given him a good out."

Some observers believe Prince Harry is extra protective of Meghan because of how his mother, the late Princess Diana, was treated by the media towards the end of her life.

"He seemingly never recovered from the anguish he saw her go through at the hands of the British press and the critics," said Eubanks. "He seems to have pledged to never let that happen to his wife and children. "

The problem isn't Meghan Markle. It's the British monarchy

The problem isn't Meghan Markle. It's the British monarchy

In October of last year Harry complained publicly about the British tabloids' treatment of Meghan, who gave birth in May to the couple's son, Archie.

"Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences -- a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son," he said.

When Harry and Meghan announced their engagement, many in the UK heralded the news -- a biracial woman joining the royal family -- as a welcome step towards racial harmony.

But Andrews said he was not among them.

Like Barack Obama, he said, the duchess is "someone who looks like progress but really isn't progress."

As Duchess she hasn't made race an issue. Others have

The couple's 2018 royal wedding featured a black minister and music by a black cellist and a gospel choir. But aside from some symbolic touches, Meghan the Duchess hasn't given much reason to be linked with racial issues.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, holding back tears: 'Not many people have asked if I'm OK'

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, holding back tears: 'Not many people have asked if I'm OK'

"She's not even been outspoken about race," Andrews said. "She's proof that you don't have to do or say anything to be targeted."

For Meghan this must be all the more discouraging given that -- according to her -- for years many people had no idea she was a woman of color.

In a 2012 video for the charity Erase The Hate, the then-actress said "so much of my life has felt like being a fly on the wall" because people were unaware that she was biracial.

"I am really proud of my heritage on both sides. I'm really proud of where I've come from and where I'm going," she said. "But yeah, I hope by the time I have children that people are even more open-minded to how things are changing and that having a mixed world is what it's all about. Certainly it makes it a lot more beautiful and a lot more interesting."

Sadly, for some people that is still not the case.