Akshay Kumar creates historic box-office record despite mediocrity

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

I have seen all his films this year and not a single one was impactful. Mission Mangal was decent, the rest were not even in that category. Houseful 4 was pure trash.

Kesari and Good Newzz were just about OK. I don't get some people raving about these movies, but each to their own, I guess.

As per an article, "if Akshay's 'Good Newwz' manages to rake in around Rs 225 crore then, the actor could create history of collection Rs 1000 crore in a year. With Salman reaching close to the milestone in 2016 with Rs 970 crore approximately with 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' and 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' doing a great business at the box office, Akshay is sure to beat the Bhaijaan of Bollywood this year."

So, lets assume Good Newzz collects 225 crores, he would be making box-office history.

Do you guys think he deserves this?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Z-Gen Zest

MCU of india make bland generic safe movies with cliches hit with masses and earn big money

Ennuyi thumbnail

GN wont do 200 crs 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Which record lol no 70 cr weekend this decade😆

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You kept shelling out money for his movies this year knowing fully well that he mostly makes mediocre movies. Who's the stupid here?

Edited by Lulzbolly - 4 years ago
harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kesari and Mission Mangal were nowhere near mediocre, its one of the best 2 movies of the year, Housefull 4 was atrocious and I hated the movie so much, Good Newwz is something different but not my cup of tea. It because he has 4 to 5 movies releasing every year people have this perception, because bad movies like housefull 4 releasing after 2 good movies people forget the good movies.

harun98 thumbnail

If akshay Kumar did 1 to 2 movies a year he would of had more highest grossing movies a year, its very tough to have highest grossers with level of release he has every year. 

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Kesari was good and so was MM. I don't understand how could someone call Kesari mediocre, may be because as you said to each their own. I haven't watched H4 and GN. I despise Houseful franchise so I have a perception about the movie that it's going to be trash. GN, I have no idea but those of who have watched it are saying it to be fun and emotional movie.

And on the point if AK deserves it or not, all I can say even if doesn't, he surely couldn't care less. He is making money and so are his producers. And whether anyone admits it or not, commercial success and money is all that matters no matter how much intellectuals deny it.

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Glitter_In_Eye

Kesari was good and so was MM. I don't understand how could someone call Kesari mediocre, may be because as you said to each their own. I haven't watched H4 and GN. I despise Houseful franchise so I have a perception about the movie that it's going to be trash. GN, I have no idea but those of who have watched it are saying it to be fun and emotional movie.

And on the point if AK deserves it or not, all I can say even if doesn't, he surely couldn't care less. He is making money and so are his producers. And whether anyone admits it or not, commercial success and money is all that matters no matter how much intellectuals deny it.

akshay kumars detractors would of hailed it classic had it starred one of the khans or kapoors lol. Kesari and MM were both of the best reviewed movies of the year, well made, as well as entertaining.

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

MM was anything but mediocre...i am glad it became a big hit...