Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

her third naagin had a bf n showed some passionate romance between them

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

like who? Or what show? Even her Naagins are virtuous 😂

TheSkyIsPink thumbnail

Originally posted by: YHCstan

Preesha not eating meat is because she is a Brahmin. It has got nothing to do with the said representation of FL. And no, I don’t think they made Preesha Saransh’ ain’t to keep her a Virgo in. I read somewhere that no actor was willing to play the role of parents. So Ekta has to rework the script and that is prolly why Preesha is not the actual mother. 

I don’t understand why some people think that making girls smoke, having sex with multiple men and wearing jeans and western coothes is women empowerment. Funny notion of empowerment it is. 

I am reminded of a hilarious comment made by one silly actress who said that the character she played was a brave one simply because she wore jeans. (the same one who was forced to marry ML on blackmail - a typical bechari) 

i second you well said

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Preesha not eating meat is because she is a Brahmin. It has got nothing to do with the said representation of FL. And no, I don’t think they made Preesha Saransh’ ain’t to keep her a Virgo in. I read somewhere that no actor was willing to play the role of parents. So Ekta has to rework the script and that is prolly why Preesha is not the actual mother. 

I don’t understand why some people think that making girls smoke, having sex with multiple men and wearing jeans and western coothes is women empowerment. Funny notion of empowerment it is. 

I am reminded of a hilarious comment made by one silly actress who said that the character she played was a brave one simply because she wore jeans. (the same one who was forced to marry ML on blackmail - a typical bechari) 

I don't think people are concerned with sex and drugs as being a symbol of women empowerment, it's more the idea of 'this is what is considered to be unladylike and this is what women get judged on for god whatever reason so the more it's discussed the more it's not seen as unacceptable and unheard of in society'. 

My personal biggest problem is the fact that all the more 'ideal' qualities that people feel a woman should have are being portrayed by the heroine whereas anything that a woman does or says that society doesn't approve of ends being portrayed by the vamps, almost like these shows are trying to say 'look at the heroine and always follow her example, never the vamp because omg look at how she dresses and she smokes and drinks too, she is what you don't want to be' which is not okay because like you said, to each their own. It's not a problem that this is who Preesha is, it's not a problem that these are the qualities of many female leads, the problem is with the fact that this is what being taught as a way of life and restricting girls to live and to think one way, and any other way is always shown as the wrong way.

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What I don't understand is this obsession of wanting FLs to be alcoholics and smokers. And if they don't smoke/drink they are labelled as behenjis. What is so progressive about smoking / drinking? Don't bring the woman card here. I even have a problem with MLs smoking/ drinking. Yes, you have a choice to do whatever you want in your life but if your choice is to spoil your health and land up in hospital some day; don't expect me to respect that..

And what's the problem in not eating non veg? I don't think any show has shown eating non veg as a sin. 

jasminerahul thumbnail

exactly.and what is the problem if the heroine is not having many boy friends? I don't understand that

Originally posted by: KootyPai

What I don't understand is this obsession of wanting FLs to be alcoholics and smokers. And if they don't smoke/drink they are labelled as behenjis. What is so progressive about smoking / drinking? Don't bring the woman card here. I even have a problem with MLs smoking/ drinking. Yes, you have a choice to do whatever you want in your life but if your choice is to spoil your health and land up in hospital some day; don't expect me to respect that..

And what's the problem in not eating non veg? I don't think any show has shown eating non veg as a sin. 

YHCstan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

exactly.and what is the problem if the heroine is not having many boy friends? I don't understand that

This is an acceptable concern. But you have to understand that Hindi TV shows are largely catering to a female population, majorly the home makers. The idea of a woman having many relationships doesn’t sit well with such an audience. Our society is still narrow-minded and double standards still exist. Unfortunately TV shows are also having to conform to such standards in order to stay in the business. 

There have been shows like Punar Vivah (both the seasons) where the female lead was already in a relationship with another man. 
One more thing is that people should stop talking like a woman having multiple boyfriends is a good thing. That is not the kind of women empowerment I support. 

jasminerahul thumbnail

exactly.women having many bfs do not make them modern

This is an acceptable concern. But you have to understand that Hindi TV shows are largely catering to a female population, majorly the home makers. The idea of a woman having many relationships doesn’t sit well with such an audience. Our society is still narrow-minded and double standards still exist. Unfortunately TV shows are also having to conform to such standards in order to stay in the business. 

There have been shows like Punar Vivah (both the seasons) where the female lead was already in a relationship with another man. 
One more thing is that people should stop talking like a woman having multiple boyfriends is a good thing. That is not the kind of women empowerment I support. 

Edited by jasminerahul - 4 years ago
Chameliii thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Firstly, TM is trying to say that why all the ITV FL's are kind of sati savitri type especially EK's FL are almost the same with few chnages.

It's definitely okay to have a FL who doesn't have too many boyfrnds/guy frnds, who doesn't eat nonveg but why to have the same pattern is TM's concern.

Manu_986 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

First of all I dnt like the spin-off trend from starting. When yhc's promo aired it gave me disgusting vibes.but then I accidentally saw one scene where Rudraksh was performing some ritual as a father in saransh's thread ceremony which I seriously felt adorable....  So Last Sunday I saw all epis in one go

My POV's that show is not that bad like I predicted. Talking about FL then I dint felt that she's potrayed as bechari ablanari typof. she's not that low self esteemed person and wearing traditional is just matter of choice that's it.

And reason behind why there's Rift b/w ekta's itv shows and web is obviously generation. Even some 90's kids aren't comfortable watching web series. And showing such bold content on TV is still unacceptable. A single lip to lip kiss on ITV is criticized more than appreciated.... We can't disappoint half of population just because we don't like the content of particular show. when I'll feel it is not worth watching, I'll just quit instead of blaming the plot.

So it's better to enjoy the show instead of making viewpoints on self-assuming basis.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Forget multiple boyfriends on screen , what's the scene in reality ? Or rather ..how do we want it to be? Imo this has no concern with empowerment 

Edited by _charu_ - 4 years ago