Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

preesha is not eating meat as she is a Brahmin.even on yhm though ishita did not eat meat she did not stop others from eating non veg.

Originally posted by: YHCstan

I don’t know about that. What is puzzling me is why is the thread creator having a problem with Preesha not eating meat? It is not like the show is saying that eating meat is a sin. 

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I don’t know which show showed that eating meat is a crime. Brahmins don’t eat meat. So if Preesha is a Brahmin and she ate meat, it would be weird (Not that it is uncommon) 

As you said, what woman do to their bodies is their choice. So what is wrong if Preesha chose to be this way? (Not that it is some real person). If it is not a crime to drink and have sex, it is not a crime to not drink and not have sex as well. 

This is a common problem. People say don’t judge us and they themselves go around giving tags to people who don’t follow their lifestyle. 
if a woman chose to wear western outfits, she is modern and she is to be appreciated and not judged. On the other hand, if a woman chose to wear sarees, she is boring and should be tagged as ‘behenji’. Wow! 

You clearly didn’t read my entire post 

I don’t know about that. What is puzzling me is why is the thread creator having a problem with Preesha not eating meat? It is not like the show is saying that eating meat is a sin. 

What’s puzzling me is people’s inability to read a post but pass comments based on another persons interpretation of the original post 

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Ekta said this in one of her ivs that she caters to a different set of audience with each medium. Web series is different and itv is different because families are watching ..still, I dont understand the reason behind every female lead ditto similar to a balaji typical heroine..they have a golden heart , they know how to deal with broken men..they have to meddle in everybody's affairs and get into trouble , they never trust their husbands with the truth , always go behind their backs , they are an excellent cook, all are middle class beauties , all are self respecting , they dont want money ...these cliches ekta hasn't changed from the last 20 yrs since ksbkbt days...itv fls work on a set mould of a hero and heroine , they dont deviate from this..

Eating meat I am sure is ones own choice irrespective of the religion or caste ..its different from drinking alcohol, going around with boys , having boyfriends etc ..these traits are attitrubited to the so called modern women which itv female leads will never be 😆 on itv this is vampish...its wrong to judge people based on their choices..period..ekta needs to change this..but then we can only suggest 

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree with some of the points the post maker is making ... essentially, ITV leads are single layered... there is no complexity in characters just twisted plots and irrational tracks which then the lead characters are molded into... 

For a consistent storyline and characters that are not as deep as puddles, ITV is not the place for it.. weh series is far superior writing. 

I drop by ITV to enjoy the chemistry between leads frankly it’s like the teenager in me that grew up watching that ... 😛 But for good writing and really good shows I watch web series... I have now realized that ITV is dead when it comes to quality TV it is sort of meant to be enjoyed for what it is... soaps for brainless entertainment 

We cannot look at ITV for social commentary, of course the regressive shows do reflect our society and probably is responsible in some way for making it worse, but I think we must not place ITV on any kind of responsible pedestal... we kinda should be embarrassed to watch it ... we must accept it as guilty pleasures... then we can be more realistic about its quality, messaging and influence 

I finished watching Hum Tum and Them and liked it ..more modern and fresh but not without its shortcomings..I think cause Shweta Tiwari was the lead and she had some inhibitions doing the role..but she is a fab actress 

I liked Black Coffee and Permanent Roommates..TVF Pitchers was pretty good 

I won’t be watching YHC going forward ...it feels like a low grade rip off of YHM

spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6

hi am priya and new to yhc forum.. used to be super active in if 2-3 yrs ago..

there used to be a show called dil sambal jaa zara on star plus with smriti kalra as the female lead and her character ahana used to drink and wear 'not so sanskari' clothes and made all the wrong choices in life.. she married her father's friend and then started having feelings for a guy who is like a son to her husband..

the result was the show ended in 2-3 months.. it only had 25-30 episodes.. the show was well written with a bunch of really good actors but failed to attract the masses.. the show used to be no.1 outside india but the channel stopped it midway.

so the thing is even if indian television wants to show something different, indian audience are not ready to accept it. the tv audience esp nowadays during this digital era, are mostly mid aged people and majority of them want a sanskari female lead..

jasminerahul thumbnail

eating meat,drinking n having bfs is each person's choice.but most of ekta female leads had boy friends.many of her female leads had pre- marital physical relationship also

Originally posted by: _charu_

Ekta said this in one of her ivs that she caters to a different set of audience with each medium. Web series is different and itv is different because families are watching ..still, I dont understand the reason behind every female lead ditto similar to a balaji typical heroine..they have a golden heart , they know how to deal with broken men..they have to meddle in everybody's affairs and get into trouble , they never trust their husbands with the truth , always go behind their backs , they are an excellent cook, all are middle class beauties , all are self respecting , they dont want money ...these cliches ekta hasn't changed from the last 20 yrs since ksbkbt days...itv fls work on a set mould of a hero and heroine , they dont deviate from this..

Eating meat I am sure is ones own choice irrespective of the religion or caste ..its different from drinking alcohol, going around with boys , having boyfriends etc ..these traits are attitrubited to the so called modern women which itv female leads will never be 😆 on itv this is vampish...its wrong to judge people based on their choices..period..ekta needs to change this..but then we can only suggest 

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

eating meat,drinking n having bfs is each person's choice.but most of ekta female leads had boy friends.many of her female leads had pre- marital physical relationship also

like who? Or what show? Even her Naagins are virtuous 😂

jasminerahul thumbnail

from the beginning onwards her heroines had bfs n she is the one who started the trend of one night stands n per marital pregnancy with kzk. till pavitrarishta that trend followed.after that only she stopped one night stands  premarital pregnancy n multiple marriages

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

like who? Or what show? Even her Naagins are virtuous 😂