Posted: 4 years ago

I’m getting so sick of this trend with ITV FL being these young holier than thou type women who can do no wrong (they don’t drink smoke or eat meat)

I’m actually not connecting with or liking the FL at all...for someone who is a ‘single’ mother she comes across as preachy and judgy and pretends to be better than others aka the ‘modern woman’. It’s setting such a bad example by constantly saying women must remain this constant image of virtue cause it’s up to her to save the unruly wild child ML...blehhh

also to make the FL a fake single mother so she is ‘virginal’ is just 🙄.  Bunch of poop and nonsense

Come to think of it I can’t seem to connect with the story or any of the characters ...even the ML is missing something ..I was never a fan of Karan Patel but his one liners as Raman in YHM were hilarious ..I watched due to his sarcasm and wit (although I abandoned the show when Sudha came into the picture)

I’ll stick to web serials where at least we get to see real people ...not these strange brainwashed bots if ITV 

Preesha not eating meat is because she is a Brahmin. It has got nothing to do with the said representation of FL. And no, I don’t think they made Preesha Saransh’ ain’t to keep her a Virgo in. I read somewhere that no actor was willing to play the role of parents. So Ekta has to rework the script and that is prolly why Preesha is not the actual mother. 

I don’t understand why some people think that making girls smoke, having sex with multiple men and wearing jeans and western coothes is women empowerment. Funny notion of empowerment it is. 

I am reminded of a hilarious comment made by one silly actress who said that the character she played was a brave one simply because she wore jeans. (the same one who was forced to marry ML on blackmail - a typical bechari) 

agree with u completely

Originally posted by YHCstan

Preesha not eating meat is because she is a Brahmin. It has got nothing to do with the said representation of FL. And no, I don’t think they made Preesha Saransh’ ain’t to keep her a Virgo in. I read somewhere that no actor was willing to play the role of parents. So Ekta has to rework the script and that is prolly why Preesha is not the actual mother. 

I don’t understand why some people think that making girls smoke, having sex with multiple men and wearing jeans and western coothes is women empowerment. Funny notion of empowerment it is. 

I am reminded of a hilarious comment made by one silly actress who said that the character she played was a brave one simply because she wore jeans. (the same one who was forced to marry ML on blackmail - a typical bechari) 

totally agree with you👌🏼

to add on i read one of sargun IV she say that even if she plays the real mother she would not have mind it as the script was beautiful for her when EK narrate it she was not at all apprehensive when EK told her that she will have to play a mother and took it as a challenge as an actress...👍🏼

Edited by Mages - 4 years ago

At the end of the day it’s a choice what women do with their bodies 

However ITV does not seem to provide FL with any choices ....many have the same characteristics..long hair, super young, virginal,don’t smoke nor eat meat, preachy and innocent (aka dumb as bricks)

They are often shown as what a woman should be and how she is BETTER than a woman who might eat meat or drink or may have had pre marital sex. This is what gets me ! No one is better than the other ...we are all people at the end of the day who have made various choices 

I don’t care that the FL doesn’t eat meat etc but her’ I’m better than others attitude’ gets me ...I’ve watched all the episodes and she irritates me to the core 

And the ML is your typical angry man...doing all the vices that FL of ITV can never do but he is will still be perceived as a broken guy with a good heart so it’s ok

Ektas web serials are so different ...why can’t she add some of that spice into ITV

Also I find it hard to digest that Ekta had trouble finding someone to play a mother in the serial unless she was specifically looking for a 20/21 yr old to do the role 

why would the script need to be reworked for the actress to be a fake single mother vs real ? She would still be playing the role of a mom at a young age ? Sounds like a bunch of made up nonsense to me

Originally posted by silvermoonlight

Also I find it hard to digest that Ekta had trouble finding someone to play a mother in the serial unless she was specifically looking for a 20/21 yr old to do the role 

why would the script need to be reworked for the actress to be a fake single mother vs real ? She would still be playing the role of a mom at a young age ? Sounds like a bunch of made up nonsense to me

ICYDK, this show has been in development since February 2018. It has undergone so many changes in story and casting. Firts Erica was supposed to play the lead. But the show got delayed and she was cast in KZK instead. Later Aakansha was supposed to be the FL with Karanvir Vohra the ML, Zeeby Singh as the negative lead and Parul Chauhan as Ahana. I guess Aakansha got busy with films and Ekta had to look for new characters. 

Aakansha Singh -> Sargun Kaur Luthra

Karanvir Vohra -> Abrar Quazi 

Zebby Singh -> Siddharth Shivpuri 

Parul Chauhan -> Aishwarya Sakhuja 

Initially all actors were in late 20s and now in early 20s indicating a change in script. 

Ultimately all those actors were replaced with younger actors. So clearly they had to rework the script. 

Originally posted by silvermoonlight

At the end of the day it’s a choice what women do with their bodies 

However ITV does not seem to provide FL with any choices ....many have the same characteristics..long hair, super young, virginal,don’t smoke nor eat meat, preachy and innocent (aka dumb as bricks)

They are often shown as what a woman should be and how she is BETTER than a woman who might eat meat or drink or may have had pre marital sex. This is what gets me ! No one is better than the other ...we are all people at the end of the day who have made various choices 

I don’t care that the FL doesn’t eat meat etc but her’ I’m better than others attitude’ gets me ...I’ve watched all the episodes and she irritates me to the core 

And the ML is your typical angry man...doing all the vices that FL of ITV can never do but he is will still be perceived as a broken guy with a good heart so it’s ok

Ektas web serials are so different ...why can’t she add some of that spice into ITV

I don’t know which show showed that eating meat is a crime. Brahmins don’t eat meat. So if Preesha is a Brahmin and she ate meat, it would be weird (Not that it is uncommon) 

As you said, what woman do to their bodies is their choice. So what is wrong if Preesha chose to be this way? (Not that it is some real person). If it is not a crime to drink and have sex, it is not a crime to not drink and not have sex as well. 

This is a common problem. People say don’t judge us and they themselves go around giving tags to people who don’t follow their lifestyle. 
if a woman chose to wear western outfits, she is modern and she is to be appreciated and not judged. On the other hand, if a woman chose to wear sarees, she is boring and should be tagged as ‘behenji’. Wow! 

as far as I know only reshmi Sharma shows eating non veg as a sin

I don’t know which show showed that eating meat is a crime. Brahmins don’t eat meat. So if Preesha is a Brahmin and she ate meat, it would be weird (Not that it is uncommon) 

As you said, what woman do to their bodies is their choice. So what is wrong if Preesha chose to be this way? (Not that it is some real person). If it is not a crime to drink and have sex, it is not a crime to not drink and not have sex as well. 

This is a common problem. People say don’t judge us and they themselves go around giving tags to people who don’t follow their lifestyle. 
if a woman chose to wear western outfits, she is modern and she is to be appreciated and not judged. On the other hand, if a woman chose to wear sarees, she is boring and should be tagged as ‘behenji’. Wow! 

Originally posted by jasminerahul

as far as I know only reshmi Sharma shows eating non veg as a sin

I don’t know about that. What is puzzling me is why is the thread creator having a problem with Preesha not eating meat? It is not like the show is saying that eating meat is a sin.