Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Wonderful discussions, everyone! And those headcanons  My favourite thing about liking a couple that doesn't get much screentime is that they leave convenient blanks for us to fill with our imagination. 

I especially appreciated that you mentioned Kuhu's work, aqua! I really hope they keep mentioning it here and there on the show. Then again, even if they don't I will simply imagine it in. For example, Abir came to pick Mishti and presumably Kuhu up from Maheshwari house but then they were waiting for Kuku in the market. I say it's becase Kuhu had to make a stop and place some orders for an event. 😃

Seems like we are going to need a new AT very soon! 

Thanks, Sam!! I so want the focus to shift from the kitchen politics to focussing on the struggles of their work. There is so much to explore there plus it's new material. There's work life balance, discrimination with women in work place, what the husband's role can be. What I really would have liked to see is how Kuhu stumbled upon the event planning business. Before the leap, she had been told to focus on her life and what she wanted but finding your passion and something that you're actually good at is not easy. How did she get here??

Also, Kuhu is in a field where she has to work with labour, catering, tent house and all those stuff. They are mostly male dominated fields. How did she tackle that?? How did she find a team that she wholeheartedly trusts?? I would love to see all of that.

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: lopli

Hi not yet. But I am so happy and thankful that wehave gotten to a next thread. Thank you everyone for being here and giving your input.

Oh yay!! Thank you, Ria, for this AT, the safest place for us KuKu lovers!! Also, thank you all you beautiful people for making it a place where different POVs are seen, understood and appreciated❤️

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I'm afraid I'm still a little unfamiliar with IF... why does a new thread need to be made?

Also, I really want Kuhu to focus on her career. If Kunal is focusing on his right after their wedding, then why should she sit around at home twiddling her thumbs, trying to find ways to get irritated by family politics? She actually has a real talent and eye for event organizing, to the point where the creative mind of the RV house, Abir, goes to her for advice. I want to see a strong, resilient Kuhu who prioritizes family, but also values her personal success and achievement above constantly one-upping Mishti. That is the Kuhu that Kunal will ultimately fall head over heels in love with. 

aquaHP thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

I'm afraid I'm still a little unfamiliar with IF... why does a new thread need to be made?

Also, I really want Kuhu to focus on her career. If Kunal is focusing on his right after their wedding, then why should she sit around at home twiddling her thumbs, trying to find ways to get irritated by family politics? She actually has a real talent and eye for event organizing, to the point where the creative mind of the RV house, Abir, goes to her for advice. I want to see a strong, resilient Kuhu who prioritizes family, but also values her personal success and achievement above constantly one-upping Mishti. That is the Kuhu that Kunal will ultimately fall head over heels in love with. 

I'm unsure too but my guess is you can only have a maximum of 150pages on a thread.

@bold - Oh, yes!!! I hadn't thought of it like that.

I feel the makers only remember that Kuhu is an event planner when there is family function. Why can't she have other events?? There is so much material there!! They can show us Ketu and Kuhu's relationship and what role she plays in her business. We've just been given hints by Kunal that she wants to join her business but she hasn't been shown to even help her out. Kuhu khaali ek clipboard le kar ghoomti rehti hai😔

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@Aqua: I am not quite as ambitious as you 😆 I accept this show is primarily about family relationships and household politics, and the thing is, I am interested in watching that. All I want is for Kuhu's work to be mentioned every now and then, the way Kunal's is. 

I was really happy for example, when they showed her doing that sample SR bed. I don't need to see her working all the time, but just keep acknowledging that she does? Basically, it would be a pity for all her growth and talent to go to waste. But this is precisely why I am just going to imagine it in if they don't show it. 

@Meera: I can't say I know exactly why, but IF threads aren't supposed to exceed 150 pages. That's why for continuing threads like ATs, you make a new one every time you reach that page count. 

I agree with you to some extent, but I also think that both aspects can be a part of Kuhu -- she can be *both* the kickass event planner with impeccable taste AND the insecure young woman who gets triggered by family politics. That's what makes her character so endearing. Kunal has already fallen in love with the kickass side of her -- the one who handled the most upsetting realities with so much grace and actually made them work to her advantage -- but the insecure side deserves to be loved and accepted too, and that is what I am hoping to glimpse in whatever form. 

aquaHP thumbnail

@Aqua: I am not quite as ambitious as you 😆 I accept this show is primarily about family relationships and household politics, and the thing is, I am interested in watching that. All I want is for Kuhu's work to be mentioned every now and then, the way Kunal's is. 

I was really happy for example, when they showed her doing that sample SR bed. I don't need to see her working all the time, but just keep acknowledging that she does? Basically, it would be a pity for all her growth and talent to go to waste. But this is precisely why I am just going to imagine it in if they don't show it. 

@Meera: I can't say I know exactly why, but IF threads aren't supposed to exceed 150 pages. That's why for continuing threads like ATs, you make a new one every time you reach that page count. 

I agree with you to some extent, but I also think that both aspects can be a part of Kuhu -- she can be *both* the kickass event planner with impeccable taste AND the insecure young woman who gets triggered by family politics. That's what makes her character so endearing. Kunal has already fallen in love with the kickass side of her -- the one who handled the most upsetting realities with so much grace and actually made them work to her advantage -- but the insecure side deserves to be loved and accepted too, and that is what I am hoping to glimpse in whatever form. 

I want to see the family dynamics too but these things can be longer underlying plots. I would love to see this happening in the background where she is dealing with stuff and how her family supports her through her struggle or how her innate values come into play.

I loved seeing the SR bed sequence too. I know we are never going to get more than that but I do want to see scenes for example, where she is fighting with a client and Kunal comes in, takes her phone, jhaados the client. Maybe she gets angry at him for interfering in her work. They have a discussion about that. 

Oooooh! Oh! Oh! I have a better one!! Kuhu is negotiating with a client or contractor and Kunal is prompting her with counter arguments and being her cheerleader! I would love to see that

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aquaHP

I want to see the family dynamics too but these things can be longer underlying plots. I would love to see this happening in the background where she is dealing with stuff and how her family supports her through her struggle or how her innate values come into play.

I loved seeing the SR bed sequence too. I know we are never going to get more than that but I do want to see scenes for example, where she is fighting with a client and Kunal comes in, takes her phone, jhaados the client. Maybe she gets angry at him for interfering in her work. They have a discussion about that. 

Oooooh! Oh! Oh! I have a better one!! Kuhu is negotiating with a client or contractor and Kunal is promoting arguments and being her cheerleader! I would love to see that

This is exactly where our headcanons come in handy! 😃

@bold: Let's say this is what happened when they were in the market together, before they came and sat in the car. So they cut off that scene where Kunal asked Kuhu to help him help bhai so I propose this: to avoid the topic, Kuhu told Kunal she can't help today because she has to go negotiate with this vendor in the market. She found out he's been overcharging her and one of her clients accused her of swallowing that money. At first, Kunal is all fired up and wants to go beat this guy and the client up, but Kuhu insists that she has to fight her own battles and they part on tense terms.

Later, when she is arguing with the vendor, she sort of loses her footing because he is being really patronising and dismissive, but then she catches a glimpse of Kunal watching from a few feet away, signalling that she can do this. She gets a second wind and negotiates the right price with the vendor. Kunal beams and that is what you see them talking about as they walk to the car. 

thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@aqua and @sam - your head canons are giving me so much sukoon 

lopli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Hi guys, new AT has been created!

KuKu AT 2

aquaHP thumbnail

This is exactly where our headcanons come in handy! 😃

@bold: Let's say this is what happened when they were in the market together, before they came and sat in the car. So they cut off that scene where Kunal asked Kuhu to help him help bhai so I propose this: to avoid the topic, Kuhu told Kunal she can't help today because she has to go negotiate with this vendor in the market. She found out he's been overcharging her and one of her clients accused her of swallowing that money. At first, Kunal is all fired up and wants to go beat this guy and the client up, but Kuhu insists that she has to fight her own battles and they part on tense terms.

Later, when she is arguing with the vendor, she sort of loses her footing because he is being really patronising and dismissive, but then she catches a glimpse of Kunal watching from a few feet away, signalling that she can do this. She gets a second wind and negotiates the right price with the vendor. Kunal beams and that is what you see them talking about as they walk to the car. 

That's so cute!!❤️ My HC on the market scene was that they were coming after meeting Varsha where Varsha and Kunal teamed up to tease Kuhu and lighten her mood after her talk with Jasmeet.

I'm still building up my imagination on the cheerleader idea but in my head, it takes place in their room. I'll save it for the 2nd AT assuming this is the last post. 

Tab tak liye enjoy Ritvik's interview where he imitates Kaveri😵😆

https://youtu.be/hWe1GaPqBQA