MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Watched #TheSkyIsPink on #Netflix , was bawling by d end of d film. The indian audiences should just see films like housefull. @priyankachopra @FarOutAkhtar @ZairaWasimmm #rohit #shonali did an incredible job

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

lets not insult the audience

they have also made movies like piku..raazi..andhadhun..article 15..bala..lipstick under my burkha..queen..english vinglish successes..

every movie has its own fate and i have yet to see it to know what went so wrong that it met such a disastrous fate at the BO..the poor opening made sense since it had little face value and barely any hype though..but it is definitely not for the audience being 'anpad and gawar' as you put it..

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

movie was ok -  ðŸ˜Š

do listen to this song  

https://youtu.be/bR8sE9ubyTI  

Edited by oyebollywood - 4 years ago
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I also watched yesterday on Netflix and cried  a lot, such an emotional movie.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

this was such a sincere effort with such good acting by everyone totally let down by the director shonali bose

with so much talent on board..such a sincere story..she could have made something so amazing

the movie moves at such a slow pace and seems more like clustered scenes pasted with a voice over by ayesha..there is no coherent story telling..no grip..no consistency..little was shown of ayesha..so much more of the bond could have been shown

in short shonali totally let it down..she failed as a director..this would have been a solid success if someone like shoojit directed it..with the same cast etc everything..

Redmi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

The acting was incredible especially from Zaira and Priyanka. 

MaalGang thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Should have went to watch in theatre. Everyone is complaining now after watching DVDRIP

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Aur ye non anpad gawaar person ne theatre mein kyun nahi dekhi movie. Toh shayad Thodi chal bhi jaati.

Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

The movie was good but I do feel it needed a director who could tell the story realistically and not make it like seem like it’s scripted. Like someone pointed out it looked disconnected. 

Zaira was the star of the show. The girl is so talented .. it’s sad that she isn’t going to be doing movies anymore but what a lovely performance !! 

The story of the Chaudharys is moving. I was weeping by the end of it. It is a feeling that no can explain. More strength to the family. 

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I feel that to be able to tell such a heavy emotional story, you need a different kind of director..

also the problem is the movie is from aisha’s eyes but the title is giraffe’s struggle, the disconnect begins there itself. 

Also wish the back and forth was also done in such a way that the audience could go from heavy to light...the emotion was very heavy..

as someone myself who has lost a close one, I felt like this movie resonates only with those who have lost and even then, you need enough to enjoy. You feel the story but not the movie.