Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NerdyMukta

It is a good show and the lead i.e. Aai really acts well. Controlled...kahihi aakrasthalepana na kartaa. Though it is very frustrating for me to watch her to be treated like a doormat and her being docile all the time in this day and age.

Yes, I like the show and the performances. Plus they don't drag any issues too long and everyone's point of view is shown. And she is not docile really, she does go passive-aggressive if needed.

NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ashley_m

Yes, I like the show and the performances. Plus they don't drag any issues too long and everyone's point of view is shown. And she is not docile really, she does go passive-aggressive if needed.

I haven't watched all the episodes. Can't stand how she is treated at home. Happy to learn that she is not docile. But being passive aggressive won't help her either...got to be assertive.

Ashley_m thumbnail

I haven't watched all the episodes. Can't stand how she is treated at home. Happy to learn that she is not docile. But being passive aggressive won't help her either...got to be assertive.

True, but the main problems are the MIL and husband. Kid's behavior is realistic. And you can see that she understands that the MIL is a barking dog. So I don't think it affects her as much as her jerk husband's behaviour.

NerdyMukta thumbnail

True, but the main problems are the MIL and husband. Kid's behavior is realistic. And you can see that she understands that the MIL is a barking dog. So I don't think it affects her as much as her jerk husband's behaviour.

True that. He's a giant a...

He is responsible to some extent why MIL and 2 kids behave the way they do. Others at home take you for granted when husband does it.

Ashley_m thumbnail

The eldest son is not too bad. Just takes her for granted because of not having much in common with her. He isn't unnecessarily rude. Very realistic. The daughter is more spoilt and she definitely does not want to follow in her mother's footsteps. It is a classic case of generation gap. Even I once asked my mother if I would have to become a housewife if I didn't do well I'm school. 

The MIL is a bully. We cheer because the FIL stands up for Aru but we don't notice that he also constantly taunts the MIL. Her MIL did must have done so too. She bullies her DIL because her MIL bullied her. It isn't right but is still understandable.

The husband I definitely do not understand.

NerdyMukta thumbnail

The eldest son is not too bad. Just takes her for granted because of not having much in common with her. He isn't unnecessarily rude. Very realistic. The daughter is more spoilt and she definitely does not want to follow in her mother's footsteps. It is a classic case of generation gap. Even I once asked my mother if I would have to become a housewife if I didn't do well I'm school. 

The MIL is a bully. We cheer because the FIL stands up for Aru but we don't notice that he also constantly taunts the MIL. Her MIL did must have done so too. She bullies her DIL because her MIL bullied her. It isn't right but is still understandable.

The husband I definitely do not understand.

It is sad that MILs think that they are justified in bullying their DIL just coz their MIL did so. Rather they should take the other route. Oh well, wishful thinking. My mother too was a stay at home mom and is a home maker in the true sense. Our Baba knew her value and respected her and which made a huge difference. I can see how that helped mould my brother and his behavior toward his wife. Also, Aai always insisted that I never ever stay at home and should pursue my career and have ambitions of my own. Aru too is not at all of regressive thinking so their shouldn't be a generation gap between her daughter and her. Older son has scope for improvement; I agree.

Edited by NerdyMukta - 4 years ago
Ashley_m thumbnail

The daughter is realizing it slowly. In the recent precap she even offers to give Aru a makeover for her dinner date.

Our backgrounds are quite similar. My Aai is a homemaker too. And a lot of times it is easier to talk to my dad about my work because we are in the same field, but I do pick mom for girl-talk.

NerdyMukta thumbnail

The daughter is realizing it slowly. In the recent precap she even offers to give Aru a makeover for her dinner date.

Our backgrounds are quite similar. My Aai is a homemaker too. And a lot of times it is easier to talk to my dad about my work because we are in the same field, but I do pick mom for girl-talk.

Don't understand why they have to show Aru in typical kakubai sarees with irkal blouse all the time. She needs a makeover badly.

NerdyMukta thumbnail

Yesterday the MIL casually mentioned about replacing Aru for someone else. Everybody just ignored her except FIL. Don't know if ignoring her was the right thing to do. Looking forward to the next few days.

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

It is a good show and the lead i.e. Aai really acts well. Controlled...kahihi aakrasthalepana na kartaa. Though it is very frustrating for me to watch her to be treated like a doormat and her being docile all the time in this day and age.

I agree with you👍🏼. I don't know why she stopped acting. 

Yesterday's episode was also good 😎.  He was lambasted by all even though he was correct😈. I think Arundhati also has an inkling about her husband and Sanjana's affair😛 she just does not want to accept it