Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

*Sigh* ðŸ˜³ The constant persecuting of Rahul’s character is such a pet peeve of mine. Anjali was a tomboy through and through. She dressed like a guy, spoke like a guy and behaved like one too. You cannot call Rahul shallow for not being sexually attracted to her. Are people not allowed to have a type? Did it never occur to you that maybe just maybe he was not into tomboy girls? Is that a crime? She behaved like a guy and so he treated her like one. Anjali was put in the best friend zone (which she was happy to be in) until he made the life-changing comment ‘love is friendship’. Then suddenly he evolved into the man of her dreams. 

Rahul loved Anjali as a friend. He did not perceive her in a sexual way but loved her as a companion. He harboured a deep affection and fondness towards her. 

When Rahul did meet Anjali again after 8 or so years, he became attracted to her. He could no longer perceive her as the Anjali that used to be his immature/childish and tomboy best friend. Instead he is now seeing her in a completely different persona. She has matured and grown more beautiful over time. She is no longer a tomboy and is now much more ‘feminine’ (which seems to be in line with his preferences). Clearly that compels Rahul to start seeing Anjali as a woman and notice things about her that he never noticed before - which was hidden by the tomboy version of Anjali. 

God it is so simple yet people have to make it so complicated. Since when is it a crime to have a type? We all have one so please don’t lie to yourself. Can I also add since people seem to find it funny that Rahul fell for Anjali after seeing her in a sari. Do you not realise that clothing and grooming is such a strong catalyst towards finding someone attractive. Have you girls never seen a man in a suit!? 

Let me give you a scenario. You are best friends with Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Prem’ from Mein Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon. There is no power on this universe that could make me fall for that ‘clean shaven/immature/childish/flared nostril/teary eyed/colurful shirt wearing’ version of HR. Prem

is simply not my type. But if I see him again in 10 years as he steps out of a helicopter dressed in combat clothing and a stubble as ‘Kabir’ from War then HELL. TO. THE. FOOKING. YES! Y E S I am going to fall to my knees and ROAR to the heavens declaring that YOU ARE MINE. I’ll fight anyone against this scenario. You know it’s true