Posted: 4 years ago

People always criticize Rahul for being shallow as he fell in love with Anjali when she turned into a "girl", but there's a scene in the movie that proves otherwise.

This is that scene.

This is a scene in the song "ladki badi anjani hai" where Rahul hallucinates tomboy Anjali as he was searching that Anjali in the new girly Anjali.

Here's the song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlWlGlvN4L4

You can see it from 3:34. 

This was before the navel scene which proves that Rahul was always in love with tomboy Anjali. But he didn't realize that because she was his best friend and he took her for granted. Only after meeting her after so many years he realized how much he's missing his tomboy Anjali.

I think Karan Johar being a crap director wasn't able to portray this on screen properly. 

Edited by Looney86 - 4 years ago

The only thing I still remember was when Aman was on the phone with the little girl. Rahul was on with big Anjali. Hilarity ensued ðŸ˜†

no summer camp

No summer camp

No summer camp

That is the only reason I still give any KJO movie a chance 

That hug was friendly hug, he was missing his friend on bad phase of his life so he said bheed mein bhi thi tanhai,,,,,don't find anything wrong in that

He always loved her and missed her presence in life. Didn't he say Anjali Sharma while playing that stupid game with her daughter. He could have said any other word that resonated with her daughter but he didn't. KJo put plenty clues, it wasn't as silly as intellectuals make it to be. 

I feel he fell in love with tina !

If anjali was still the tomboy after all those years he wouldn't care he saw her girly side and then took the chance !

Originally posted by DragonBoy49

The only thing I still remember was when Aman was on the phone with the little girl. Rahul was on with big Anjali. Hilarity ensued ðŸ˜†

no summer camp

No summer camp

No summer camp

That is the only reason I still give any KJO movie a chance 

And Sallu giving dadi a kiss! 😆

Nobody:

Literally Nobody:

Not even Shaitan:

Looney: In defense of Rahul in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

The way I can hear the song while looking at the pictures  "Bheed mein bhi thi tanhayi..yaad har pal Teri aayi..roke koi mujhe jara bhar na aaye Yeh dil mera" Oh 90s music :') He was missing his best friend. Who he loved a lot. He was probably very lonely without her by his side when Tina died. He always loved her. But was not in love as he didn't see her wifey material ðŸ˜† But voila saree bhi,dosti bhi so ho gaya iska . ðŸ˜†

Rahul is a man, and no matter what people say, man and woman both want their husband and wife to be sexually appealing, woh alag baat hai men don't care much about the sexual needs of women, but truth is sexual appeal is very important, if not most.

I have never felt the need for anyone to "defend" Rahul.

In college he fancied Tina, he didn't fancy Anjali - she was his pal.

9 years later they bump into each other again - they've both matured... she has completely transformed into a beautiful woman and he is now attracted to her romantically.

I am not offended by this storyline whatsoever.