Picking at an old scab

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

First thing first , all the actors are doing a great job, which makes such a stark and much more pleasant viewing experience compared to previous season. 

Maya can not bear touch of MJ's blood , to be specific Rudra and Rishi. It is such a huge thing for her that she can't even fake to suppress it even for the sake of her plans or games . Even then , she must react viscerally and her mask falls off in an instant . I'm surprized that the whole hand burning thing didn't weird Rishi out totally , I know I'd be if a guy does that , no matter how much hard his previous break up had been.

From the flashbacks, it looks like Maya had an intimate relationship with MJ and also he promised marriage. ( This much we already knew since the beginning but still for general viewers , bread crumbs .) She also got volatile and triggered when Rishi mentioned his father. 

What I like is , this Maya , though full of fiery determination to do what it takes for her revenge , is so very human at the same time . She's less cold and ruthless than S1 Maya and she wears her vulnerability , her pain on her sleeves and she struggles occasionally to deal with it. Which means , she won't come out shining and smiling at the other end , even if she succeeds . Her wounds are still raw . Engaging with MJ's sons is increasingly becoming like picking at a scab . She'll bleed and burn in the process and she knows it . "Aag ki to aadat hi hoti hai sab kuch jala kar khud rak ho jana." She's accepting the risk that she's not giving herself the time or space needed to heal . She's ready for the consequences that not just MJ , but her own revenge will do to her.

Also , exposing her raw pain in front of Rishi is also a strategical play because she aims to bring out Rishi's knight in the shining armor side , want to make him feel protective , which in turn necessitates her to be the proverbial "damsel in distress" , in addition to make it seem like she's haunting his mind  by appearing and disappearing strategically. You know different strokes for different folks...

In S1 , what disappointed me the most was that , Maya Meherotra never got the chance to heal. Never got the help needed. In this season , I want her to heal and then live her life the way live is supposed to be lived. Leaving behind all the pain, fury , anger and hatred. Being content and at peace with her life. It may or may not involve Rudra ( though it'd be weird as eff, but then Beyhadh is all about breaking stereotypes ) and Rudra can help Maya heal. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Superb! Well explained.๐Ÿ‘

What I am liking about Maya is that in spite of her manipulation, she hasn't lied to her victims even once. The truth was delivered through the filter of manipulation, to change its meaning. But this is a war for truth, and has to be fought with truth, so she doesn't lie.

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

For ur post ๐Ÿ‘ u have written beautifully everything but when it comes to process of healing it's doubtful. The concept of the show is such that it's Maya craziness her obsession. In the previous season it was obsessive love now it's hatred even more dangerous. I disagree that in earlier season nobody gave her chance to heal. It's wrong to blame anybody when the person herself identifies herself with obsession if that's over she is also over. Nobody can heal if u aren't ready for healing 

DanmeiLover thumbnail

Originally posted by: tournesol

Superb! Well explained.๐Ÿ‘

What I am liking about Maya is that in spite of her manipulation, she hasn't lied to her victims even once. The truth was delivered through the filter of manipulation, to change its meaning. But this is a war for truth, and has to be fought with truth, so she doesn't lie.

Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yes , it is a war of truth vs lie. So she can not do anything that'd tip the morality scale in favor of the other party. Though the "Khoon bahana " had me worried a bit. Hope she doesn't become a monster while fighting against one. If your enemy succeeds in making you just like them , then they've already won. Shedding blood of innocents is a strict no no , no matter how much she quotes from Geeta.

The thing is , knowing the truth is some times not enough. Today MJ's wife said , "Maa Baap ke karmon ki saaza bachhe keu bhugte." The moment she found out that Rishi has been attacked with possible murderous intent ( so it looks like ) by someone smart enough to make it look like an accident both for the victim and bystanders , she was immediately under the strong throes of a massive panic attack. Such a searing response can be brought out because she knows. Knows the old sins , the amount of wrong that has been done to innocents and also the knowledge that gnaws at the surface of both the parent's ( MJ and wife ) that one of their victims may return to avenge.

Also , I found it very interesting how they are introducing the grey side of MJ in slow measures . He was introduced as a good guy and his different sides are being brought to surface as events trigger his different side. Such a welcome change from usual ITV negative characters that are either coal black from the beginning itself or are transformed from pearly white to coal black before you can say "Jack Daniel." through some sort of crap revelation. 

The composure with which he was observing a man's organized impending death , as if some lab experiment is going on , chilled my bones. 

Also , his megalomania flickered for a while when he declared he can not have anyone come between him and Rudra ! Why, say ? What's wrong with RR having another investor ?? MJ is just a control freak and he wants every one under his thumbs. He also knows Rishi inside out , it took him a mere glance to notice that he's in love . 

Edited by HeartQuake - 4 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Well penned! ๐Ÿ‘Exactly my thoughts!๐Ÿ™ˆ

DanmeiLover thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanvismile

For ur post ๐Ÿ‘ u have written beautifully everything but when it comes to process of healing it's doubtful. The concept of the show is such that it's Maya craziness her obsession. In the previous season it was obsessive love now it's hatred even more dangerous. I disagree that in earlier season nobody gave her chance to heal. It's wrong to blame anybody when the person herself identifies herself with obsession if that's over she is also over. Nobody can heal if u aren't ready for healing 

@Tanvi, thank you. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Some times victims can not seek help for themselves. A lifetime of continuous abuse breaks a person to that extent , where her sense of self worth falls, her judgement becomes defective and logic goes for a toss. Most abuse patients refuse help at first because they're either too afraid to recount the memories ( want to put a lid on them and all ) , or too shy to talk about it , or worst , don't even recognize and therefore deny that they need help in the 1st place. Stigma attached to mental disease in our society doesn't help either.

By help I mean professional help. Counselling , group therapy , behavior therapy , regular sessions with the psychiatrist. 

But may be this season it won't be so bleak for her after all. There are a few things for why I think so.

1. The calming and soothing presence of a mother , who looked better and more normal today and her existence acting like a balm to her bleeding soul. A mother's love can be immensely comforting for a child . It may act as a much necessary anchor for her when the game gains tempo. The hug today soothed her troubled heart visibly.

2. Rudra - Rudra has a moral compass and not really a fan of his father's actions, both past and present . He's the only one standing tall against MJ right now , and that's why MJ wants to bend him to his will by making him need his help to save his company. MJ can not even hurt him because he's his own. So win win situation. Rudra is the destroyer of evil and illusion both. He's capable of doing the right thing for Maya.

3. Childhood abuse by far leaves the deepest effect on a person's subconscious , it's a proven fact . No matter how much help a person receives , it may never heal.  S1 Maya was a victim of childhood abuse. But this time, whatever terrible things happened to her happened during adulthood . So with right kind of help , she can easily come out of it. 

As it is , she looks much saner compared to S1 Maya. 

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HeartQuake

@Tanvi, thank you. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Some times victims can not seek help for themselves. A lifetime of continuous abuse breaks a person to that extent , where her sense of self worth falls, her judgement becomes defective and logic goes for a toss. Most abuse patients refuse help at first because they're either too afraid to recount the memories ( want to put a lid on them and all ) , or too shy to talk about it , or worst , don't even recognize and therefore deny that they need help in the 1st place. Stigma attached to mental disease in our society doesn't help either.

By help I mean professional help. Counselling , group therapy , behavior therapy , regular sessions with the psychiatrist. 

But may be this season it won't be so bleak for her after all. There are a few things for why I think so.

1. The calming and soothing presence of a mother , who looked better and more normal today and her existence acting like a balm to her bleeding soul. A mother's love can be immensely comforting for a child . It may act as a much necessary anchor for her when the game gains tempo. The hug today soothed her troubled heart visibly.

2. Rudra - Rudra has a moral compass and not really a fan of his father's actions, both past and present . He's the only one standing tall against MJ right now , and that's why MJ wants to bend him to his will by making him need his help to save his company. MJ can not even hurt him because he's his own. So win win situation. Rudra is the destroyer of evil and illusion both. He's capable of doing the right thing for Maya.

3. Childhood abuse by far leaves the deepest effect on a person's subconscious , it's a proven fact . No matter how much help a person receives , it may never heal.  S1 Maya was a victim of childhood abuse. But this time, whatever terrible things happened to her happened during adulthood . So with right kind of help , she can easily come out of it. 

As it is , she looks much saner compared to S1 Maya. 

I agree with u she looks much sane then last time. I totally understand childhood trauma is most difficult thing to come out of it. A person starts identifying themselves that way. But then nobody could help someone like Maya from season 1 because she was too sharp criminal minded controlling that people could hardly understand her game plans and become victims. They had their own fears and limitations nothing much they could do . If Maya was just a victim with no criminal mindset people could still heal her.

Infact the first episode itself of season 1 I felt Maya will screw herself more in love . For example The duppata falling scene .

As u said this Maya doesn't come across those types. She comes across sane.t The promo made it look like Maya will be more dark more  ruthless. But if I just go by episodes till now . It reminds of story  of Goddess Parvati where she becomes   Goddess Mahakali and she goes  destroy everything so lord Shiva comes under her feet to control her. This time the scenario appears like this .So ya we can hope that rudra s love and support will heal Maya and she will get  justice  but still a woman was in love with father and was in intimate relation and now with son I don't know what to say on this matter. Can't say anything on Maya rudra relationship.

chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yes , it is a war of truth vs lie. So she can not do anything that'd tip the morality scale in favor of the other party. Though the "Khoon bahana " had me worried a bit. Hope she doesn't become a monster while fighting against one. If your enemy succeeds in making you just like them , then they've already won. Shedding blood of innocents is a strict no no , no matter how much she quotes from Geeta.

The thing is , knowing the truth is some times not enough. Today MJ's wife said , "Maa Baap ke karmon ki saaza bachhe keu bhugte." The moment she found out that Rishi has been attacked with possible murderous intent ( so it looks like ) by someone smart enough to make it look like an accident both for the victim and bystanders , she was immediately under the strong throes of a massive panic attack. Such a searing response can be brought out because she knows. Knows the old sins , the amount of wrong that has been done to innocents and also the knowledge that gnaws at the surface of both the parent's ( MJ and wife ) that one of their victims may return to avenge.

Also , I found it very interesting how they are introducing the grey side of MJ in slow measures . He was introduced as a good guy and his different sides are being brought to surface as events trigger his different side. Such a welcome change from usual ITV negative characters that are either coal black from the beginning itself or are transformed from pearly white to coal black before you can say "Jack Daniel." through some sort of crap revelation. 

The composure with which he was observing a man's organized impending death , as if some lab experiment is going on , chilled my bones. 

Also , his megalomania flickered for a while when he declared he can not have anyone come between him and Rudra ! Why, say ? What's wrong with RR having another investor ?? MJ is just a control freak and he wants every one under his thumbs. He also knows Rishi inside out , it took him a mere glance to notice that he's in love . 

Aptly described. The composure with which he was watching drowning of the man was a glimpse that  MJ can be chillingly cruel. Kind of excited to see the full force of his character; and Maya Vs. MJ confrontation. 

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Superb! once more ๐Ÿ‘

@Bold: 'Bade sapne chhoti aukat aksar khoon bahate hain'. There are numerous references to khoon. I think there would be bloodshed on both sides, Maya's too. I can only think what happened at the end of Kurukshetra war.

@Red: Same here yaar! It chilled my bones too. I am loving how the slowly and steadily his gray shade is getting revealed.

@Blue: It's true, he knows Rishi inside out. But Rishi also mentioned about getting smitten by a girl. Also why did he not know Rudra this well? He is also his son, right?

Gurmeet4Drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Maya knows the stakes this time around.. she knows that she might even turn to ashes either literally or figuratively while pursuing her vengeance but then thatโ€™s Maya and damning the consequences is something which she is bound to do. 

I'm surprized that the whole hand burning thing didn't weird Rishi out totally

Oooh Iโ€™d absolutely freak out if someone pulled a stunt like that... but then Rishi is constantly referred to as the โ€œkidโ€ who has just grown up. This whole petrified โ€œwomanโ€ appeals to that nature. 

Is it weird if Iโ€™m kinda hoping that MJ and Maya werenโ€™t a thing because I kinda see potential in Rudra and Maya?!