Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

I hope I don\t sound insensitive but I get what he means.

If you think about it. Being in that situation. The guy is on top of you and about to penetrate. It's inevitable. It's going to happen. If you somehow are able to change your mindset from pain to pleasure momentarily, it would be better for your body. When we tighten and close our bodies in that situation, it will hurt like crazy. If we relax and tell our brain this is not a bad experience, the body will relax, and there will be less pain, less blood, less tears, less cuts. Rape is a sexual act. An evil form of a sexual act. When there is no way to stop the evil act, we have to find the best way to lessen the trauma. 

I am no defender of Amitabh Bachchan, nor men in general, this is just an analysis behind the "soundbite" that's being thrown around without any consideration at all. 

My sex education class in high school covered rape as well.  It was a very well planned study guide that gave a good understanding of concept of consent and date rape etc. But one thing they did include in one of the lectures was if you are in a situation where you absolutely cannot stop the attack then concentrate on breathing while it’s happening.  There was acknowledgment that it’s much easier said then done but if nothing else it can help you stay alert and not go into shock. They also talked about trying to see and learn or memorize anything about your attacker for a police report.  So as a matter of education yes I understand making women understand that accepting the inevitable for her own well being.  Problem here is that this phrase did not come about with this intention, and people who have used it as an idiom don’t use it as a way of educating people.  It is an incredibly insensitive and dehumanizing expression that basically implies stop complaining.  It’s roots are in misogyny and victim blaming.  

And as for that Daniel whatever fella, well, it’s a sad commentary on state of society when a man can so brazenly opine that rape should be legalized.  

No society will ever learn and do better until they realize that when a rape occurs it is only and only the rapist’s fault. No IFs, WHYs, or BUTs.   

I remember vaguely reading about a Rape case here in USA whose verdict went against the victim just because she wasn’t able to disprove the perpetrator’s claim that she nodded her head (which he says he mistook as consent)....What I am trying to say is, if the girl breathes in and tries to behave normal the perpetrator will claim that she was consenting...So basically girls are just stuck between a rock and a hard place...It doesn’t matter who you are, where you are , what age group you belong to, you are still at risk of being dragged away as a piece of meat!

Edited by cricketfan1 - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

I remember vaguely reading about a Rape case here in USA whose verdict went against the victim just because she wasn’t able to disprove the perpetrator’s claim that she nodded her head (which he says he mistook as consent)....What I am trying to say is, if the girl breathes in and tries to behave normal the perpetrator will claim that she was consenting...So basically girls are just stuck between a rock and a hard place...It doesn’t matter who you are, where you are , what age group you belong to, you are still at risk of being dragged away as a piece of meat!

That is a risk.  Rapists have gotten a not guilty verdict because the victim didn’t fight enough or scream or whatever excuses the defense might come up with.  I guess the reason behind this breathing advice is to try and lessen the severity of the trauma the victim will endure.  There’s no good or even fair scenario when we are talking about rape.  It’s a matter of lesser is the many evils.  

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

given women guns or fast acting weapons

or best , don't let the men out at night . 

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

given women guns or fast acting weapons

or best , don't let the men out at night . 

I say we do it all wrong...We keep our girls in claiming to keep them safe while we let the probable perpetrators to roam about freely and do as they please...But the thing is even if they make it mandatory for the men to be kept indoors at night, who is to say they wont do it during the day? 

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

That is a risk.  Rapists have gotten a not guilty verdict because the victim didn’t fight enough or scream or whatever excuses the defense might come up with.  I guess the reason behind this breathing advice is to try and lessen the severity of the trauma the victim will endure.  There’s no good or even fair scenario when we are talking about rape.  It’s a matter of lesser is the many evils.  

There was also the case of the Stanford Swimmer who was found guilty of raping an unconscious woman and the judge felt sorry for him and gave him a light sentence.

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I hope I don\t sound insensitive but I get what he means.

If you think about it. Being in that situation. The guy is on top of you and about to penetrate. It's inevitable. It's going to happen. If you somehow are able to change your mindset from pain to pleasure momentarily, it would be better for your body. When we tighten and close our bodies in that situation, it will hurt like crazy. If we relax and tell our brain this is not a bad experience, the body will relax, and there will be less pain, less blood, less tears, less cuts. Rape is a sexual act. An evil form of a sexual act. When there is no way to stop the evil act, we have to find the best way to lessen the trauma. 

I am no defender of Amitabh Bachchan, nor men in general, this is just an analysis behind the "soundbite" that's being thrown around without any consideration at all. 

@ Bold 

There is a way to stop it, file a police complaint and get the guys behind bars. How can anyone say lie down and take it?!?! This applies to every wrongdoing? ..murder, robbery, and tomorrow to slavery??

And please this is exactly how they shift the responsibility of rape towards  women instead of talking about change in men,,,please do not subscribe to such Dhakosla rubbish,,,

we have to empower our law and order system. 
it will be painful so take it, that is how every man abuses a woman and she takes it....

what ages are we living in?!?! 

Edited by columbia - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: jb508

There was also the case of the Stanford Swimmer who was found guilty of raping an unconscious woman and the judge felt sorry for him and gave him a light sentence.

Oh yea that was a giant hot mess 🤬.  The only good thing that came out of that one is that the judge got removed from the bench.  Just like everything else in this country (U.S.A) race and financial status influences judgements on sexual assault as well.  The attacker was middle to upper class white Caucasian. I highly doubt anyone would have felt sorry for him if he was a black or Hispanic kid.  

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: columbia

@ Bold 

There is a way to stop it, file a police complaint and get the guys behind bars. 

If you were unable to decipher the VERY clear message that the situation being talked about is the act of rape itself: then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

If a girl is tied up and about to be raped, how on EARTH is she going to call the cops in that moment?? Typing this message is so exhausting. Please learn how to read.

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

If you were unable to decipher the VERY clear message that the situation being talked about is the act of rape itself: then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

If a girl is tied up and about to be raped, how on EARTH is she going to call the cops in that moment?? Typing this message is so exhausting. Please learn how to read.

And that is exactly why the point of onus on woman is being made. Empower judicial system which creates deterrents for rapists. I have actually worked with rape victims, I have learned a lot from them. 

A crime has its recourse only after it has occurred. If you wanted solutions for at that moment, why didn’t you opt for women to carry guns and knives so that they can kill the rapists? Why did you choose for them to lie down and take it?? Does that solution not sit with you? 

Edited by columbia - 4 years ago