Amitabh's statement on rape(1989) - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Obviously Amitabh used that phrase to come across as funny or well read, but damn...

Just goes to show that all these folks you idiolize are simply not worth it.

Believe it or not even Tendulkar is no saint. Have heard many rumors of his angry, arrogant and egoistical attitude when not in front of camera. Many Indian cricketers of yesteryear and today have done some shitty things at hotel rooms/tours.

omg that daniel guy seems sick but truth be said thats what every rapist men think of women. they are made for s*x. sick sick indian mentality. thank god i am out of india. Yes rapes happen not just in india even outside too but not this sick !... yes i know rape is rape no matter where and how it happens. 

But in usa or eu there is strict laws which make those culprits be immediately arrested not like in india where police can be bribed, justice can be delayed. 

another thing is normal people don't need to rape anyone in foreign but look in india they don't leave 6 years old child. how sick you ppl are.... euuuuuuugh........ 

few years ago delhi was thought as rape capital now every state is turning into same. 

girls and women in india be safe protect yourself not with that b*stards condom, carry weapon, just castrate these bast*rds. 

I wonder if he prefers the company of men ðŸ¤£

Do people realize their is a thing called context. The word rape haven't always been exclusively related to the act of forced sexual penetration or assault. It was also used for plunder, lose of dignity and so on. Not everyone were politically correct for a long time.

The context here was, he was asked about the constant attacks on him by media on his character or something like that, and he replied that. But no, we should judge and scrutinize everything said by someone ages ago by today's lens. Oh no no AB Sr is promoting rape, what the actual fcuk, is common sense taken over by over sensitiveness nowadays.

Oh wait, obviously whom I to say anything, I am a man, must be the misogyny I have deep down which is not having me understand the graveness of that comment. That comment is the reason why some women are suffering somewhere, and I am not seeing it, what a waste of human being I am.

That Daniel dude, needs to get his ass handed to his fecking mouth.

Such serious issue, and dude thinks trolling people is cool.

Im not defending Amitabh but I just want to say that 1989 was a very different time and a lot of people dont have the same awareness that we have today. Social Media holds people to accountability. Back then - not so much.

People have evolved as the world has developed. its the same thing with same-sex marriage - lots of people have changed their view on it because they became more educated about the whole idea. Even though more work is needed on that. 

Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

There are still people advocating this.

https://twitter.com/Chinmayi/status/1201746029118312449

WHAT THE ACTUAL F DID I READ HERE?

I hope this is not true about AB. Them it's shameful.

Once I had read similar statement given by Mahatma Gandhi saying " if women can't save themselves from rape they should learn to enjoy the process". I was shocked when I read this. 

Edited by Ranjali - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Im not defending Amitabh but I just want to say that 1989 was a very different time and a lot of people dont have the same awareness that we have today. Social Media holds people to accountability. Back then - not so much.

People have evolved as the world has developed. its the same thing with same-sex marriage - lots of people have changed their view on it because they became more educated about the whole idea. Even though more work is needed on that. 

Hmm 80's 90's was a very different era. In Raja ki aayegi baraat movie Rani fight's in the court to marry her rapist. That time the awareness and seriousness was missing.

I hope I don\t sound insensitive but I get what he means.

If you think about it. Being in that situation. The guy is on top of you and about to penetrate. It's inevitable. It's going to happen. If you somehow are able to change your mindset from pain to pleasure momentarily, it would be better for your body. When we tighten and close our bodies in that situation, it will hurt like crazy. If we relax and tell our brain this is not a bad experience, the body will relax, and there will be less pain, less blood, less tears, less cuts. Rape is a sexual act. An evil form of a sexual act. When there is no way to stop the evil act, we have to find the best way to lessen the trauma. 

I am no defender of Amitabh Bachchan, nor men in general, this is just an analysis behind the "soundbite" that's being thrown around without any consideration at all.