Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

We have such an over populated country. Everyone shows outrage when news comes up. I am not a tech graduate but I was thinking why can't there be a digital app to help... . 

I thought of one..

First there are 2 sets of people who can register ...one who may at times need help and the other volunteers from our over populated country who care that such crimes don't happen. Everyone registered on app has one immediate emergency contact as well.

So whenever anyone is in such terrible situation and presses the danger button... An Amber alert goes to all volunteers in the vicinity. Within a defined range(-5kms). Now some will say what if volunteers are fake and will have an easy way to find prospective victims. 

Once volunteer decides to approach the person who pressed the danger button they can only do so by accepting amber alert. In this process their profile goes to the emergency contact of one who is in danger... So their identities are known before hand.

This way crimes can be somehow controlled. 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Anyone asking why not police. Cliche but police kabhi time pe pahunchi hai..

In such cases immediate response is needed hence volunteers from vicinity.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

our law system still shamelessly delaying even the nirbhaya judgement.....

but but but they open court at midnight for politicians. 

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I hope people don’t take this the wrong way. But making punishment more strict is a just temporary solution. Yes, that will be great and will be helpful. But it’s also better to fix the cause of it. If boys from childhood are taught and implied they are better than girls, they can order girls around and all this repressed sexuality, blaming girls for everything, it will turn to this. I remember seeing a video which was filmed in India and young boys were saying how if a girl isn’t wearing modest clothes, then why assaulting her isn’t rape. I don’t remember the exact words, but it was something if that sort. It was shocking and eye opener video. 

If that’s the mindset in many towns, then obviously they will just find any excuse to rape. This kind of mentality has been in other countries too, but the rape is increasing there too more than ever for the first time. I rarely used to hear rapes of girls in Afghanistan before. May be they were scared of taliban punishment or what idk. I did used to hear about boys being abused. But not girls being raped. But now it has started there too. It’s this kind of mindset which needs to be changed from childhood. Whether it’s culture and/or religion responsible for such mindset, it needs to be completely removed from any society and country. And that usually happens in childhood and growing up in the environment where they see and learn how women are treated. 

Edited by The_Best - 4 years ago
The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Zeal17

We have such an over populated country. Everyone shows outrage when news comes up. I am not a tech graduate but I was thinking why can't there be a digital app to help... . 

I thought of one..

First there are 2 sets of people who can register ...one who may at times need help and the other volunteers from our over populated country who care that such crimes don't happen. Everyone registered on app has one immediate emergency contact as well.

So whenever anyone is in such terrible situation and presses the danger button... An Amber alert goes to all volunteers in the vicinity. Within a defined range(-5kms). Now some will say what if volunteers are fake and will have an easy way to find prospective victims. 

Once volunteer decides to approach the person who pressed the danger button they can only do so by accepting amber alert. In this process their profile goes to the emergency contact of one who is in danger... So their identities are known before hand.

That’s actually a great idea. 

Amekha thumbnail

I thought of one..

This is such a great idea. If something like this is created then the crime rate could decrease.  And some form of identification proof must be provided for creating a profile. So that only genuine people can create profiles and not fake users. 

Amekha thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_Best

I hope people don’t take this the wrong way. But making punishment more strict is a just temporary solution. Yes, that will be great and will be helpful. But it’s also better to fix the cause of it. If boys from childhood are taught and implied they are better than girls, they can order girls around and all this repressed sexuality, blaming girls for everything, it will turn to this. I remember seeing a video which was filmed in India and young boys were saying how if a girl isn’t wearing modest clothes, then why assaulting her isn’t rape. I don’t remember the exact words, but it was something if that sort. It was shocking and eye opener video. 

If that’s the mindset in many towns, then obviously they will just find any excuse to rape. This kind of mentality has been in other countries too, but the rape is increasing there too more than ever for the first time. I rarely used to hear rapes of girls in Afghanistan before. May be they were scared of taliban punishment or what idk. I did used to hear about boys being abused. But not girls being raped. But now it has started there too. It’s this kind of mindset which needs to be changed from childhood. Whether it’s culture and/or religion responsible for such mindset, it needs to be completely removed from any society and country. And that usually happens in childhood and growing up in the environment where they see and learn how women are treated. 

First I think if punishment is made very cruel then it might stop some from commiting the crime. Many countries have very less percentage of rape due to immediate death penalty. But it's true many escape punishment in India by using their influence. 

And I agree with your point about making sure boys are brought up well. It's the responsibility of every mother to make sure that her son doesn't grow up to commit a crime like this. They should be taught to help a girl in danger not to take advantage of her situation. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: The_Best

If that’s the mindset in many towns, then obviously they will just find any excuse to rape. This kind of mentality has been in other countries too, but the rape is increasing there too more than ever for the first time. I rarely used to hear rapes of girls in Afghanistan before. May be they were scared of taliban punishment or what idk. I did used to hear about boys being abused. But not girls being raped. But now it has started there too. It’s this kind of mindset which needs to be changed from childhood. Whether it’s culture and/or religion responsible for such mindset, it needs to be completely removed from that society and country.  

With the current population,it is next to impossible to change the mindset of people. I say this from years of experience. So strict and prompt capital punishment which is covered by every form of media is the need of the hour. Especially spreading capital punishment videos through various channels usually used for bullshit propaganda.

Here's why I say this : Mindset is influenced by culture,religion and education. While education has been able to change a few things, India is mainly governed by the former two. 'Indian Culture' itself propagates the idea of women being a certain way. A lot of us have evolved notions of Indian Culture but the raw,original societal form of it still mandates men and women being a certain way. This is also helped by religion. So whatever good education can do, till we completely try to remove what constitutes 'Indian culture' when it comes to women, there's no changing anything. And frankly,its an impossible task. 

In India, we have a saying 'Jo dikta wahi bhikta hai' and it holds true everywhere. Propaganda works here. So whats needed is to create a system of fearful propaganda surrounding rape. For our highest offices to speak on it like they do about other nonsense (Wont ever happen since the politics is perhaps the strongest pillar of abuse and politicians have their own cases against them)

I understand your sentiment though. But its a lost cause in India in the next 50 years atleast. Women are considered a property in this country- a fact helped by our culture,the form of media we consume,our religions. Can they change in 50 years? Unlikely since guardians of religions,culture are always up in arms when women speak up.. The majority dont want to disturb the Indian culture so till that majority becomes minority serious fixing of the mindset cannot happen. Hence right now, strict capital punishment with thorough social shaming is the need of the hour. Atleast in the near future. Fear works in this country. Lets use it to do something good for a change. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Death of these monsters will create fear, that is what is needed, fear. Death penalty for these monsters would be the most benevolent step. This has to be done. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I thought of one..

Such a great idea Zeal...if this saves even one girl it is totally worth the effort.

So how do u do it ...I mean where should this idea go for it to turn into an app?