Frequent Posters

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Nope. 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

this Milap guy, needs Milap with reality.

DDLJ was a sweet romantic movie which emphasizes on love, family and their values. Kabir what ever is what psychopaths do in the name of love. If this is called love now then such love is not needed.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

While i might agree that Raj was a tad bit creepy with Simran in the beginning, there is no way on Earth can he be compared to Raj.. there is no similarity in both movies be it characters, story or even popularity.. DDLJ set a benchmark for romance.. Kabir Singh being considered a benchmark would be stuff nightmares are made of

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Haven’t seen KS but have certainly heard and read plenty about it.  Kabir was an alcoholic with serious anger management issues, and a rapist if what I’ve read is accurate.  He belongs in jail. 

Raj was a spoiled brat and sexual harasser. Twirling a stranger’s bra around your finger just to annoy them is not romantic.  Neither is sticking your head under her arms while she’s holding her book and getting thisclose to her breasts. Then there was the scene that she wakes up after drinking and blacking out. It’s bad enough that the movie, via Simran, doesn’t acknowledge that what she thinks happened to her was non-consensual and rape. She’s crying because she’s no longer a virgin and a stain on her family reputation and the so called romantic Raj let’s her remain traumatized and thinks it’s funny.  The first half of the movie was something they could only get away with in the 90s.  The second half was Raj being a spoiled brat who thought he could change people’s minds because ... why?  he was Raj and popular in college?  

Still, Milap is wrong for making this comparison. Kabir Singh was extremely violent which Raj wasn’t.  But, just like there’s an audience that sees Raj as the epitome of romantic hero despite all his acts of harassment and lack of respect and boundary, I’m sure there’s an audience that sees Kabir as passionate because love made him beat the crap out of people.  Both are wrong and problematic but they exist.  

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Raj was a spoiled brat and sexual harasser. Twirling a stranger’s bra around your finger just to annoy them is not romantic.  Neither is sticking your head under her arms while she’s holding her book and getting thisclose to her breasts. Then there was the scene that she wakes up after drinking and blacking out. It’s bad enough that the movie, via Simran, doesn’t acknowledge that what she thinks happened to her was non-consensual and rape. She’s crying because she’s no longer a virgin and a stain on her family reputation and the so called romantic Raj let’s her remain traumatized and thinks it’s funny.  The first half of the movie was something they could only get away with in the 90s.  The second half was Raj being a spoiled brat who thought he could change people’s minds because ... why?  he was Raj and popular in college?  

Wow when ya put it that way the legendary Raj Malhotra was not so cool 

Edited by DragonBoy49 - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zara321

i didn't see alot of 'romance' in the film except for the love songs, the movie was more about a over angry/aggressive man throwing a tantrum coz he couldn't get his own way 

arrey yaar tumne nahi dekha lobe, bohut logo ko yeh lobe story laga. Social media mai girls were posting the pics of their bf/hubby saying "my kabir singh" lol.

Logo ka alag alag perspective ho sakta hai, it is not difficult to understand lol.

Edited by RegressiveThug - 4 years ago
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

DDLJ was pretty problematic bullshit as well. So I agree with him.

Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

DDLJ was pretty creepy in the wooing scenes too but to compare a silly love story to that of a alcoholic narcissistic jerk is like 😱 dude what are you smoking??

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

arrey yaar tumne nahi dekha lobe, bohut logo ko yeh lobe story laga. Social media mai girls were posting the pics of their bf/hubby saying "my kabir singh" lol.

Logo ka alag alag perspective ho sakta hai, it is not difficult to understand lol.

Aisi chomu ladkiyan bhi exist karti hain kya

KebabMeinHaddi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is more of an action movie, than romantic movie. 🤔

And if this is what "Love" is,then I would prefer to die single