Stories of falling in love with dead lover's lookalike?

Posted: 4 years ago

This storyline of boy or girl falling in love with the a lookalike of dead boyfriend or girlfriend has been repeated so many times in movies and TV shows. Don't you think it's highly superficial and makes it look like that love is all about looks? How can audience like such bullshit?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

This happens a lot in Indian TV shows..

In movies, I can recall only Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai movie.. 

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

in films like bol bacchan it is fine as nobody finds any logic there nor it majorly contributes to story telling. 

Edited by Twinklingmoon - 4 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Looney86

This storyline of boy or girl falling in love with the a lookalike of dead boyfriend or girlfriend has been repeated so many times in movies and TV shows. Don't you think it's highly superficial and makes it look like that love is all about looks? How can audience like such bullshit?

Lol! True! In reality you might fall for the same personality not same look. There might be some similarities in appearance which depends on personality but not the face itself. It is BS but makes for good drama!

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

The vampire diaries. ðŸ˜ƒ Actually Katherine is not dead , as she is a vampire and she faked her death.

I never had graduation ,prom.....You know, a life but you did. You have everything and it's not because you are a good little girl who deserves happiness , its because you stole mine.

https://youtu.be/ZMsNZKVRj7I

Edited by 9SakthLaunda4 - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

we all fall for looks, that is thr ultimate truth. Yes physical attraction isn't everything, but every romantic relationship starts with physical attraction.

It is idealistic bullshit to separate a person from their looks.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

May be it is easier to fall for a look alike of one's dead ex....I have no idea...just my guess...

But I know a look alike does provide comfort....There is a news anchor in CNN here who looks exactly like my Dad...whenever I watch him reading news...It feels like I am close to my Dad....just a feeling of comfort...nothing else..😭

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

May be it is easier to fall for a look alike of one's dead ex....I have no idea...just my guess...

But I know a look alike does provide comfort....There is a news anchor in CNN here who looks exactly like my Dad...whenever I watch him reading news...It feels like I am close to my Dad....just a feeling of comfort...nothing else..😭

Lol My brother looks like arbaaz/roger Federer hence I love these two so much...

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: 9SakthLaunda4

The vampire diaries. ðŸ˜ƒ Actually Katherine is not dead , as she is a vampire and she faked her death.

I never had graduation ,prom.....You know, a life but you did. You have everything and it's not because you are a good little girl who deserves happiness , its because you stole mine.

https://youtu.be/ZMsNZKVRj7I

My love for TVD has returned. I'm continuing it from season 7 where I had left it. 🤩

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Panditaain_ji

My love for TVD has returned. I'm continuing it from season 7 where I had left it. 🤩

I will love TVD until my last breath. Jab tak hain jaan ... Jab thak hain jaan. ðŸ˜†

I usually watch vms or scenes of TVD on YouTube.