Arjun Kapoor’s loss turned Ranveer Singh’s gain!

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Arjun Kapoor’s loss turned Ranveer Singh’s gain! 

Did you know, not Ranveer Singh but Arjun Kapoor was the first choice for the Kapil Dev biopic titled '83? However, Arjun failed to fit the bill due to his fitness issues and lost the film to his dear friend, Ranveer...

Courtesy : Deccan Chronicle Image

Touted to be one of the highest anticipated films, Kabir Khan’s ‘83  is a biopic based on the life of veteran cricketer Kapil Dev, which talks about the time India won the coveted World Cup in 1983. The sports drama features Ranveer Singh as Kapil Dev, and Deepika Padukone plays his on-screen wife, Romi Bhatia. She also stepped in as the producer of the film along with Sajid Nadiadwala and Madhu Mantena.

Besides, Ranveer, the film stars Pankaj Tripathi, Boman Irani, Harrdy Sandhu, Tahir Raj Bhasin, Saqib Saleem, Ammy Virk, Sahil Khattar among others in key roles. Recently, the team wrapped up shooting for the film and celebrated the journey with a wrap-up party, organized by Deepika.

While Ranveer is known for putting his heart and soul in every character he plays, he did not step away from doing the same for ‘83. He had all his fans impressed right from the first look, and the actor underwent vigorous training to match up to Kapil Dev’s persona and wack.

Did you know, not Ranveer but Arjun Kapoor was the first choice for the Kapil Dev biopic? However, Arjun failed to fit the bitt due to his fitness issues and lost the film to his dear friend, Ranveer.

A Deccan Chronicle report states that earlier the film was supposed to be helmed by Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan and actor Arjun Kapoor was approached to play the lead as Kapil Dev. But, when the actor failed to work on his fitness, the film turned towards Ranveer. The director too left the film soon after over profit dispute with the makers and producers of the film.

Not just ‘83, Arjun was the first choice for Kabir Singh as well, but he turned down the offer to avoid an ego tussle with Shahid Kapoor. In an earlier media interaction, Arjun had said at an event in Mumbai, "It did not reach that stage where I could choose or not. When the rights were being acquired by Ashwin and Murad, who made Mubarakan, they acquired keeping me in mind. Sandeep Vanga, the director had met Shahid and he had seen the film before and they decided to do the film together.

"The film needed Sandeep Vanga. There is a madness to that film, there is inherent energy. It is a simple story but there was madness to the treatment. He (Sandeep) had already committed and he wanted to stick by his words and I respect that. I did not want my producers sitting around with the rights of the film and not making it out of me being in an ego tussle with anybody," he further added.

Meanwhile, Arjun will be next seen in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Panipat, a historical period drama based on the Third Battle of Panipat between the Maratha Empire and the Durrani Empire in 1761. The film is slated to release on 6 December 2019.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Cool down Arjun's PR! Ranveer is Kabir K's first choice!! Also Ranveer is the first choice for Kabir Singh, that makes Arjun the second choice not first!!!

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This is a weird PR game.  Trying to present your client as in demand but then knocking his desirability down several pegs by calling him unfit.

Edited by IAmLuvBolly - 4 years ago

Sure.... But haven’t we played this game already?🤦‍♀️

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

So Arjun was the first choice for phantom and kabir khan. Since he didn’t decline it so he can’t be the first choice for them. 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

are they sure that  kaka wasn't the first choice for this film ?

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Arjun Kapoor was also first choice for sultan. This was actually confirmed by AAZ. Don't know about others