Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Alia seems to be undergoing existential crisis for no apparent reason.

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: zara321

oh ok, so this means they are looking for someone to play kamala khan, tbh i think they will go for an american asian 

Probably, certainly Marvel needs an Asian actor for this role who is very outspoken with a good screen presence.😊

Edited by ffkhan - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

Alia seems to be undergoing existential crisis for no apparent reason.

This 😂😂😂

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I might sound very biased when I say this but imo Tara would be able to play Ms Marvel. She's got the looks, the figure and her accent isn't too South Asian. She seems more Hollywood material anyways.

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

They will never take someone who hasn’t had exposure to Hollywood. The acting styles are so different and it’s someone as basic as Alia forever to get the nuances right... So Likely someone who’s of mixed race, like they did with Jasmine in Aladdin. 

Our desi Meryl Streep doesn’t have a hope in hell. Just using the media to keep herself in the nees.

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fluffyalexis

Even oscar winners like  Jennifer Lawrence & emma stone  still audition for role.  So what makes u think that alia wont audition for this role considering she is the only A list indian actress who fits the marvel requirement  

Rehne de bhai. We all know about your click bait titles.. Sahi khelta hai bhai hamesha tu.. you manage to get people riled up anyhow😆

Edited by KootyPai - 4 years ago
sherlockthor thumbnail

i think they would need an american accent

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sherlockthor

i think they would need an american accent

Everyone in bolly can easily fake an accent. Not a big deal

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I might sound very biased when I say this but imo Tara would be able to play Ms Marvel. She's got the looks, the figure and her accent isn't too South Asian. She seems more Hollywood material anyways.

She’ll be a better fit in a lot of ways, but I think due to her Parsi genes she looks more Caucasian than Desi. I think studios would want someone who has a more desi look. Someone who looks more like Zoya Hussein than Tara or even Alia.  I agree with those who think they’ll go for a Pakistani American new face.  

But Tara has the persona and grace to handle Hollywood and survive it. Alia doesn’t. She can’t take KJo everywhere with her.  

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Well, if thats the case, Alia would have to work on her American accent. Kamala Khan was loosely based on Sana Amanat (who was the editor of the comics and grew up in New Jersey herself). Kamala was from New Jersey and grew up there. So its better they find a South Asian from America. Maybe a fresh face. Naomi Scott was good as Jasmine. She can pull it off. They need a young actress because Kamala is a highschooler.