Mini is not used to hearing a No

svpg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Typically as children growing up, they would hear a lot of No from their parents for multiple reasons. But the absence of a father figure in Minis life caused Babita to almost agree with her for everything . When a daughter hangs out with boys as friends, I think parents these days are generally okay. So far Babita has not disapproved of Mickey aa a friend. With Mickey staying in their house, I can see how Babita is stressed out. As a mother, you know that teenage years are the years where wrong choices made could lead to serious consequences in life. Babita “slapping” Mini might just be a spur of the moment reaction, but her anger or concern is justified as a Mother. The other thing is that Mini gives lectures to her mother left and right and preaches to her all the time. Babita respects her daughters opinions and considers them seriously.  I doubt if Mini is capable of doing that at all. Her opinions, her actions in her head and heart are always right. In reality, that is not true. She really aha not seen the world yet. She does not realize that the relation she has with her grandparents is a complete different relationship than what her Mother has with her inlaws. This is lack of real world experience. She feels bad when her Mom yells at her, but this is a normal thing in every home where Mom and Dad so get angry on their kids and react a bit too harshly sometimes on their kids. One of the important things that Mini needs to learn is to hear and understand a No. No, she is not always right!   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushilvspari thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

[QUOTE=svpg]

Typically as children growing up, they would hear a lot of No from their parents for multiple reasons. But the absence of a father figure in Minis life caused Babita to almost agree with her for everything . When a daughter hangs out with boys as friends, I think parents these days are generally okay. So far Babita has not disapproved of Mickey aa a friend. With Mickey staying in their house, I can see how Babita is stressed out. As a mother, you know that teenage years are the years where wrong choices made could lead to serious consequences in life. Babita “slapping” Mini might just be a spur of the moment reaction, but her anger or concern is justified as a Mother. The other thing is that Mini gives lectures to her mother left and right and preaches to her all the time. Babita respects her daughters opinions and considers them seriously.  I doubt if Mini is capable of doing that at all. Her opinions, her actions in her head and heart are always right. In reality, that is not true. She really aha not seen the world yet. She does not realize that the relation she has with her grandparents is a complete different relationship than what her Mother has with her inlaws. This is lack of real world experience. She feels bad when her Mom yells at her, but this is a normal thing in every home where Mom and Dad so get angry on their kids and react a bit too harshly sometimes on their kids. One of the important things that Mini needs to learn is to hear and understand a No. No, she is not always right!  

Mini always says to not listen to what people have to say bt she too got Insecure during Hanita marriage or what ever Khatri has to say. And when babes listen what other said about them she blame babes😏😏 Hypocrisy much.. 😡

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think that because she was missing her Father, the Khuranas and Babita instead of telling her etc about why her Father was absent and agreed that she was taunted in School and neighbours, which should have been sorted out by them, which they did not and they let her fight and scream at people etc. That instead of correcting her they spoiled and over indulged her told her what a brave Girl she is.

So know we have a loose cannon, anger issues and has a selective memory of which taunts that she wants to hear when it directly effects her, like Khamo taunting her at the Wedding etc but has got a nerve to tell her Babes to ignore it when it effects her etc.

She is no worse than others at taunting her Mother and is very rude and emotional blackmails  her and does not let her make up her own mind if it does not agree with her mindset as Mini the great can do no wrong.

A bit of this was seen at the interview when even the reporter and HS said that she needs to learn how to live outside in real life, as Life is not the way she sees it but be in a realistic way outside and not everyone will listen to her.

She has no interest in studing which is seen as she has missed so much and now does not even bother to study for exams.

She needs to see that as she is growing up, she has to behave properly as it does matter what people say, even if her parents were married, even Ashok would have slapped her.

No Babita should not apologise as she is right and Mini needs to grow up

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

why does anyone need to be told to leave the only 2-3 friends you have in your life just because the mother is paranoid. Mini can be made to understand that she needs to keep her limits in friendship with mickey but to be asked to completely have no friendship with mickey-preet is not logical. well preet se friendship hai to mini cant ignore mickey as they all are together Does babes want to shut her off from the whole world and keep her only tied to herself. 

divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: svpg

you have really put everything so well. This is what i feel too. Babita has never told her to leave her friends. Minis anger issues are also reason to less friends and also may be trust issues

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Mini is definitely headstrong and needs to be exposed to the world more 

This is why I want her to go outside of Patiala so she can meet people who don’t know her and can challenge her. I want her to be meet a potential life partner that tells her when she is wrong and not agree to everything she says 

Yes Babitas concern is somewhat justified but slapping almost grown children is too much. This is the fourth time she has slapped Minni ...none of the situations warranted a slap

Babita also has to grow some balls and be confident in herself. She is coming across as a paranoid almost bipolar human being which I don’t think is typical behr 

Her calling Minnie another Meeta crossed a line and it was wrong yet no one seems to see that. She basically called her a daughter a two timing woman...sorry but that was WRONG

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyadaya13

you have really put everything so well. This is what i feel too. Babita has never told her to leave her friends. Minis anger issues are also reason to less friends and also may be trust issues

well babita exactly said that today. instead of making mini understand to be careful and to maintain limits here she is lashing out and slapping mini

contrast it to the way mini spoke to babita

the thing is babita expects mini to only think about her, only live for her. she cannot meet her grandparents she should not keep friendships if babita is not okay with it. we saw it in the case of mita also when babita got angry when mini tried to help her. All the time during divorce, after divorce she taught mini to speak to her Grandparents properly lashed out at mini if she spoke rudely to them because she wanted it. and when mini was helping them in hospital she did not like it because suddenly she did not want it. 

well who is the control freak here. cannot even see babita as the adult here. she is better off not mothering mini in her irresponsible temperamental way. does more harm than good to a teenager

Edited by naq5 - 4 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I agree partially. 

Mini had to grow up before her age. She had to fight to the world alone coz her mother was not strong enough and her father wasn’t there. 

I understand where she comes from. And her family to compensate her father’s absence, applauded her every step. She is right lot of times. Sometimes she does cross the line. Like Mickey pointed out during hospital track that she  wants people around her to act the way she seems fit. She did change it too. So it’s not like if explained, she wouldn’t change her wrong ways. 

But there’s a way to talk to kids. Especially Teenager. Hanuman mostly gets thru Mini coz he  never dismisses her in the first go. 

Babita too knew how to get thru Mini in the past but recently she has lost it. What I saw in today’s precap is - major disappointment. That’s now how you talk to your kid in front of her friends and grandparents. If Babita is worried about Mini’s proximity with Micky, seat with her, talk to her. Ask her. Try to understand where your daughter comes from. Not go accusing her. Such a stupid behavior from Babes. M dreading today’s episode. 🤔

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I agree partially. 

Mini had to grow up before her age. She had to fight to the world alone coz her mother was not strong enough and her father wasn’t there. 

I understand where she comes from. And her family to compensate her father’s absence, applauded her every step. She is right lot of times. Sometimes she does cross the line. Like Mickey pointed out during hospital track that she  wants people around her to act the way she seems fit. She did change it too. So it’s not like if explained, she wouldn’t change her wrong ways. 

But there’s a way to talk to kids. Especially Teenager. Hanuman mostly gets thru Mini coz he  never dismisses her in the first go. 

Babita too knew how to get thru Mini in the past but recently she has lost it. What I saw in today’s precap is - major disappointment. That’s now how you talk to your kid in front of her friends and grandparents. If Babita is worried about Mini’s proximity with Micky, seat with her, talk to her. Ask her. Try to understand where your daughter comes from. Not go accusing her. Such a stupid behavior from Babes. M dreading today’s episode. 🤔

Sameee. I didn’t like this behavior of Babita at all.

Yup Dreading today’s episode. 

Alsooo, I feel this is why Hanuman is mad at Babita so we get here trying to manao him the next morning. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Sameee. I didn’t like this behavior of Babita at all.

Yup Dreading today’s episode. 

Alsooo, I feel this is why Hanuman is mad at Babita so we get here trying to manao him the next morning. 

If he is mad at her then he is absolutely right. This is inexcusable!