Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: cuppa_n_cricket

Right now nothing makes sense. 

Azaan is not an ideal male character. Even glorified Indian telly male leads are never ideal. It's just that their actions can be justified to an extent based on factors like how the screenplay presents them, actors' portrayal etc. So are most telly relationships (across shows/channels) creepy to varying degrees. 

I think it's only in comparison with other two leads, in the domain of this show, that Azaan gets credited as a better character and rightfully so. Until Noor suddenly had a change of heart, Azaan never led on Noor. On the contrary he was mean/condescending towards her because of her sexual advances/games etc etc which imho was apt for the situation. It's his gold fish memory AFTER she "granted" divorce that is unbelievable and obviously can be interpreted in many ways. Credit to lazier than lazy writing! 👏 Not only Azaan, the entire family has nonchalantly taken to husband snatching as a mundane event. The relationships now are definitely creepy. 

Azaan was mean and condescending... I recall a scene where Noor asked him to look at her body.... Instead of averting his eyes like a good man he looked her body and praised her beauty.... He told her and I quote "Khubsurat hai.... Adaa hai... Bas Dil Ki Kami Hai"... This is where leading on comes from 

Shayra- She almost always went over my head so cannot comment much. ShaZaan chemistry- well that's subjective and to each her/his own. 

Noor- well 🤣 I'm sure I do not have the cognitive abilities to fathom her shades!😆 But I could have taken her character still better had they not shown her trying to get physical with him. That ruined everything!! 

Suffice to say that the "Aur Noorie theek ho gayi" track has compromised every character to the point of no return. Only drama can save the show now. 

My reply in red

cuppa_n_cricket thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Azaan was mean and condescending... I recall a scene where Noor asked him to look at her body.... Instead of averting his eyes like a good man he looked her body and praised her beauty.... He told her and I quote "Khubsurat hai.... Adaa hai... Bas Dil Ki Kami Hai"... This is where leading on comes from

^^^

Now that depends on how you take it. The onus of being a "good man" and thus a credible character, based on your own definitions of conventional good, is only on one character and not on the other? Sorry but I cannot agree here. It's as if Noor can do whatever she wants to because she has the leeway given she is "mysterious/grey/edgy/Iconic blah blah" but it's azaan who has to maintain all sorts of conventionality to have some credibility as a character?! There's something called intent of script too. This argument makes it seem that innocent Noor was doing all that because she got charmed by Azaan's leads. When actually desperate Noor was doing all that despite Azaan's repeated straight talk to her that he doesn't love her!!

Noor can try violating his space but the onus was only on him to look away so that she doesn't get hints? That's strange! He curtly told her off. She should have gotten the right "hint" then and there! Also, I do remember that scene. His expressions nowhere mirrored the literal meaning of his lines. And they have given other scenes where he does look away if my memory serves me right. It was the writer's call to treat this scene differently to the previous ones in an attempt to show Azaan's defiance. That way, this serial should have not existed because Azaan should have looked away since day one. It's a TV show. Hardly can each and every scene come close to real. 

Now if writers wanted to show their banter in the nikaah phase, keeping with the fact that they have a history of closeness and leeway with each other, then there's nothing much anyone can do. But if that's used to only discredit one character and not the other then it's not worth the debate! As I have said previously, to me Azaan is not ideal. But I can take the intent of the script for what it is most of the times... except maybe in incredibly forced, contrived cases like characters forgetting Noor's actions within half a day. And to show that Azaan has been leading on Noor was nowhere the intent of the script in the post-nikaah track. I realise that it's not the intent even now... but outright lazy writing is not something anyone can justify. If you choose to see it the other way then we can ofc agree to disagree.