Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

On social media? xD Lol that makes zilch difference. If the movie is good, it's gonna work.

It may not. Against the high octane action film War, The Sky is Pink is an emotional family roller coaster drama. Question becomes what will people go to watch in theatre and War will probably take the cake because The Sky is Pink can be dropped into the bucket of "watch-online-or-at-home". After all, it's one of those critically acclaimed movies, that will be watched by those who want to watch meaningful cinema and much of that audience is the type that would rather watch at home on their own terms and time.

I mean, I'm like one of those people as well, but give me an option between War and The Sky is Pink and I'll probably watch War in the theatre and The Sky is Pink at home. I only saw it in the theatre because I happened to be in the same shift as the movie during TIFF.

hereagainbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

my movie review :

I was super excited for the movie because of the reviews but i do feel the reviews are a bit overrated 

i think somewhere i felt that i would cry a lot in the movie but for me, that didn't happen and i am an extremely empathetic person but that could be something the director wasn't going for.. loved the first half and the ending,the middle portion was a bit laggy but that's alright 

OH MY GOD HAVE I MISSED PRIYANKA ON SCREEN 

never thought i was her fan she may not be the best looker or have much going for her career wise but she is so endearing onscreen love wacthing her 

all in all will give it a 3.5/5 

murder4 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Is there any chance for it to become a success. Haven't seen it yet but majority of reviews suggest it is a very unique film. It would might be tough but I hope it atleast becomes an average.

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: murder4

Is there any chance for it to become a success. Haven't seen it yet but majority of reviews suggest it is a very unique film. It would might be tough but I hope it atleast becomes an average.

Yes there is a chance for it to be a success. People are just quick to ride-off movies of actors they hate. 

BollyPC thumbnail
BollyPC thumbnail

Aisha’s brother Ishan and his friends created a beautiful song, it plays in the end credits of The Sky Is Pink. Amazing! 

https://twitter.com/membamusic/status/1182727736407789568?s=21

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

War Strong Hold - The Sky Is Pink Low

Saturday 11 October 2019 02.30 IST Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

War had a strong hold on its second Friday as it collected 6.25-6.50 crore nett and this is coming after the huge extended first week of 225 crore nett plus. The film is now set for a good run for the next two weeks and it is certain to be the highest grossing film of the year till now and could remain till the end of the year unless Housefull4 or Dabangg 3 better the numbers.

The film is now totally out of holiday period and the ratio of the circuits are normal. The hold in the North on the second Friday was very strong and despite the long first week it is still one of the better second Fridays. The weak competition in terms of new releases also helped the cause of the film.

The Sky Is Pink had a poor first day of 2.50 crore nett apprx and the jump in the evening was not that great. Despite Friday evenings not really being that good it can still show a good upturn on Saturday as its a film for high end multiplexes and they do best on Saturday but it has a lot of work to do from this start. These type of films have a very limited audience unless there is some sort of star presence which is not the case with this film.

The Joker is very strong recording a drop of just 10% from Thursday and should have collections in the 2.25 crore nett range which is not that far less than The Sky Is Pink on day eight and is actually better at the bigger multiplexes despite it being the tenth day of the film.

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
BollyPC thumbnail

I heard they only had 800 screens, 2.5 crore isn’t bad if it grows. It’s a niche film which recovered its cost way before release but WOM matters so let’s see. 

HotFuzz thumbnail

Wishing this movie to do well and good luck to sky is pink team