The Sky is Pink review and Box office thread- discuss here - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

All the best to team TSIP.Hope it does well.

The Sky Is Pink Opens Poor - War Dominates

Friday 11 October 2019 14.30 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

The Sky Is Pink took a poor opening of around 10% as it has nothing for mass or even the urban youth. The film does not have star power and the music could not push the film. The opening is better than the last few Farhan Akhtar films like The Fakir Of Venice, Lucknow Central and Rock On 2 but that is not saying much.

The last Priyanka Chopra film was Jai Gangaajal in 2016 and the opening is less than that film even at the multiplexes. The film can make ground in the evening as the film seems more for the evening crowd. If this happens there can be a follow up on Saturday and Sunday but it will be mainly in the metro multiplexes as film hardly holds appeal for the wider audience. Even if big growth comes over the weekend the test will be Monday as most films are showing huge growth on Saturday.

War is still the dominant film at the box office and although there is a drop from Thursday it will still put up a good number and be the top collecting film this week. The film is collecting better than the new release The Sky Is Ping in the high end premium multiplexes of metro which is the target audience of Sky Is Pink.

Joker has held up strongly on its second Friday and has hardly shown a drop from Thursday. The film is an easy HIT on the strength of business in the big multiplexes. The film has been released on English only and could be the highest grosser ever for a film releases in English only in India though not as big as HIT as Titanic which remains by far the biggest English language only HIT in India.

I hope that the WOM saves it. Anyone knows its budget?

Originally posted by DushtKanya

Somewhere around 35 crores. 

https://twitter.com/KRKBoxOffice/status/1182586360730923008

Originally posted by DushtKanya

Real WOM is great but some fans of Bollywood heroes are purposely trying to spread fake reviews and negativity 

Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

Real WOM is great but some fans of Bollywood heroes are purposely trying to spread fake reviews and negativity 

On social media? xD Lol that makes zilch difference. If the movie is good, it's gonna work.