Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Strangest thing is breaking up after a decade or so of knowing each other. That's such a long time!! I believe it's not compatibility but something else. The stars just use it as a charade.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: lunza

That isn't what I have seen. Both get blamed but for different reasons and judged differently. Like for example, if the guy is divorced once or twice, people are quick to judge him as someone who probably had a roving eye or was too immature for marriage, and if it a woman who is divorced, it is because she was too short tempered and couldn't adjust with her in-laws etc.

I don't know if both find it "equally" difficult or not, but neither gender find it easy to shrug off past baggage and move on easily. In India, atleast for maybe the next one or two generations - it is still possible to find someone who knows someone through their ancestral town ties or whatever, so if it is found that their past relationships didn't work out because of cheating or one was stringing the other along with no intention to commit , it isn't that easy for them to get married (I am just talking about arranged marriages among non-celebrity middle-class folk here)

If u are talking about celebs, I disagree. Men are not criticised because they just choose to walk away. It is because there is always some rumour of them cheating on their partner as a reason behind it. Either that or by some convenient coincidence, the relationships become incompatible when the men become a lot more successful than their partners. 

Whether it is a man or a woman, no one is really let off lightly if there is infidelity. Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi, Malaika have all been criticised and called homebreakers etc.

Very well said! 👏

Anony-mouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

Strangest thing is breaking up after a decade or so of knowing each other. That's such a long time!! I believe it's not compatibility but something else. The stars just use it as a charade.

I think it’s a sense of boredom also that sets in. People do change- your goals change and sometimes compatibility isn’t there anymore. When she married him, his star was on the rise. 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anony-mouse

I think it’s a sense of boredom also that sets in. People do change- your goals change and sometimes compatibility isn’t there anymore. When she married him, his star was on the rise. 

Well I don't the reason as when you have dated a person for a long time and then lived together for many years, then what happens suddenly in your thinking that you leave the person esp for those after 15-20 yrs of marriage and may be add a few years of courtship. 

Boredom in relationship? Then perhaps such People need to avoid commitment like Salman. Live a carefree singles life.

Besides people do work in the same company for years or carry on family business for ages.

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NeverGiveAF

R U SERIOUS? too Young? Imran was 25 when he debuted in JTYJN...in 2008 he probably must have been 28 or 29 when he married her in 2011, in no terms 'A 28 year old man can be called young, and you are calling'em too young' as if they were babies or what😆

Age is just a number and 28 is still considered young in the cycle of life. So are people in their 30’s. Marriage is a matter of maturity, not age. Maturity of thinking, maturity of ambitions, needs, etc. If you are not mature enough to compromise everything about your life, it doesn’t matter how old you are. Some people mature later in life, some very early and others never mature (I mean, look at Salman). Marriage is not for everyone.

Originally posted by: Sorein

Age is just a number and 28 is still considered young in the cycle of life. So are people in their 30’s. Marriage is a matter of maturity, not age. Maturity of thinking, maturity of ambitions, needs, etc. If you are not mature enough to compromise everything about your life, it doesn’t matter how old you are. Some people mature later in life, some very early and others never mature (I mean, look at Salman). Marriage is not for everyone.

of course, in that context u can call a 60 year old man 'young' as well 😆 suit urself.

but i picked on, when she picked on my comment and said 'too young' sorry i don't believe, most of the times man is blamed for a failed relationship but given avantika's horrendous relationships experiences she shouldn't have married him in the first place, though m sure imran was deeply in love with her.  Good Riddance! imran can find a better person than her, ( a bette looker too )

Anony-mouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

Well I don't the reason as when you have dated a person for a long time and then lived together for many years, then what happens suddenly in your thinking that you leave the person esp for those after 15-20 yrs of marriage and may be add a few years of courtship. 

Boredom in relationship? Then perhaps such People need to avoid commitment like Salman. Live a carefree singles life.

Besides some people do work in the same company for years or carry on family business for ages.

Made a small correction for you. They are two consenting adults- I am sure they must not have made this decision to separate lightly.

Plus do we know how IK has coped with his failure to establish a career? Do you know he is still the gentlemanly, pleasing man we remember from almost a decade ago?

Like I said ups and downs in life change people. Some people are able to handle failures, get up and brush themselves off and move on and there are many who struggle with accepting failure. Maybe she found it hard to live with him, does he drink? do drugs? is he abusive? is he philandering?

There is no way to say what is the reason they are separating

Edited by Anony-mouse - 4 years ago

Imran Khan-Avantika’s marriage is overDECCAN CHRONICLE. | SUBHASH K JHAPublishedSep 9, 2019, 12:17 am IST

UpdatedSep 9, 2019, 11:43 am IST

Friends of the couple say the cause for the ruptured marriage was Imran’s fractured career more than anything else.

Imran Khan and Avantika Malik. (Photo: Twitter) Imran Khan and Avantika Malik. (Photo: Twitter)

What went wrong with this near-perfect couple? Imran Khan wooed and won the super-classy entrepreneur Vandana Malik’s daughter Avantika. They were together for almost nine years before they decided to  get married.
“I’ve never been happier, never felt more   motivated,” Imran had told me at the time of his marriage.

A common friend of the couple, an actor-entrepreneur recalls, “No matter where they were they had eyes only for each other. I’ve never seen a married couple so much in love even after a year of marriage. I can’t believe the marriage broke up.”

Those from the entertainment industry who know the couple say the cause for the ruptured marriage was Imran’s fractured career. “He just stopped getting offers. After a point he stopped working completely — just hung around the house virtually doing nothing. More than anything else, it was Imran’s jobless status that killed his marriage. Which wife would like to see her man doing nothing?” asks a young filmmaker who is close to the couple.

Avantika’s mother tried to sort out the couple’s differences, but to no avail. Apparently all efforts of a rapprochement have now been set aside, as the couple heads for a divorce.

Curiously Imran’s Maamujaan Aamir Khan whom Imran is very close to, resolved to stay away from his nephew’s marital problems. Aamir made no move to  bring about any reconciliation.

Imran and his wife Avantika are now heading for a divorce. The couple has decided to not wash any dirty linen in public. They both care about their little daughter.

so wasn't I right, MALIK is an ambitious woman who does not like to hang around an unsuccessful husband. this was pretty much evident. And this article is BS. Imran has been trying a career constantly in film direction, it's not like he's sitting completely vella, he shot for a dharma ad, then he directed a short film. Everything takes time, but MALIK who is an obnoxious woman does not want to stand up his man in thick and thin times. a partner's real test comes in the picture in such cases and MALIK never looked an ideal partner considering his failed relationships. she's too ambitious to handle.

AND if people think that such things do not happen in real life, then they must be day dreaming, my own cousin who married a foreign returned banker is in the same situation. they both were in love when they got married, but his wife was over-ambitious and things turned worse when she started earning higher than her husband, they live separately and have a little girl though not divorced, the woman is extremely happy with her new found freedom while my cousin is still waiting her to re-consider its been 12 years already and nothing changed. So life's all about moving on in the end.

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

^Thanks for posting that. It's interesting because Avantika is making it seem like (on insta) that she was the one making all the compromises by not being herself. I guess she means (based on this SK Jha article) she is ambitious and wants more out of life but IK is not like that. So, it is an issue of compatibility. She has bigger goals in life and IK is chill with an ok life. Others who were saying how can you fall apart after so many years...well you can if your circumstances change and you change as a person or maybe reveal your true self over time.

The following article is also interesting. It seems it's IK who wants to move on from Avantika.

https://www.filmibeat.com/bollywood/gupshup/2019/did-avantika-s-mother-have-a-discussion-with-imran-khan-about-a-reunion-289553.html

One thing I do appreciate about IK is that he has not said anything about this and has not blamed Avantika. On the other hand Avantika is all over social media saying all kinds of things hinting at her separation.

Edited by LifeOLicious - 4 years ago
Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Does anyone know if she works/has been working? What is her career?

If these speculations are true and she doesn’t have a career of her own she has no ground to be dismissive. If you are ambitious get yourself a job and start earning; the child is not a baby anymore and they only have one so it is totally compatible with a career.