Was Sunny Deol in his prime a bigger star than Aamir Khan?

Posted: 4 years ago

I think he was. His Gadar alone was a much bigger Blockbuster than all the ATHGs of Aamir which were successful because of either content or franchise. Sunny Deol was the top star in 90s according to BOI. Aamir didn't rule any decade like him. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

BOI ๐Ÿ˜†

its saying srk amir salman ajay akki

Edited by Phenomenal_One - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

What is everyone's prime defined as ??? 

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Correct. I see so many peeps today, being ignorant, deny Sunny's dominance in the 90s decade after Ghayal.  They think retroactively the Khans were the biggest in the 90s too. Sunny had the biggest openings throughout the 90s, hence was rightfully the biggest star box office wise. Alas, the man clearly couldn't adapt to the multiplex boom along with Govinda. 

Originally posted by: Phenomenal_One

BOI ๐Ÿ˜†

its saying srk amir ajay akki for 90-99 decade

It is only for 4 years. 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna46

It is only for 4 years. 

ek border he ATBB/BB tha correct me if i m wrong 

Edited by Phenomenal_One - 4 years ago
shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Phenomenal_One

BOI ๐Ÿ˜†

its saying srk amir ajay akki for 90-99 decade

Naa bro the old BOI format, before their site got jumbled up, had Sunny as the undisputed no. 1 star in the 90s. He was the highest-paid too. Been following that site since 2006 lol. ๐Ÿ˜†

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: shogun

Naa bro the old BOI format, before their site got jumbled up, had Sunny as the undisputed no. 1 star in the 90s. He was the highest-paid too. Been following that site since 2006 lol. ๐Ÿ˜†

they keep changing dude in pe kiya bharosa rakha records ka abhi salman ko bhi 1 karskte ha yeh 90 ma ๐Ÿ˜†

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

SRK, Salman used to play second lead to Sunny Deol 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I think at his prime he was bigger than what Aamir was then but not bigger than what Aamir is now.  Sonny is from a different era where movies were all about a masculine hero who could beat up 20 guys on his own.  When things started changing he couldnโ€™t change with the times which is why is stardom came to a halt.  He also seems to have been in denial about his age and continued to play the young hero while girls 30 years younger than him played his wife.  Sonny is basically a more graceful and dignified Govinda.