Have you "outgrown" IPKKND

Rag1ni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello to whosoever is reading this.

I am unsure if anyone I know, or anyone who knows me is still around. But what the hell, I am going to talk to myself at least.

I was, to put it mildly, an obsessive sort of fan of the show. Full of analysis paralysis, trolling the Four (or were they three?) Lions when they would birth their new babies, spend hours making ArHi mixes (instead of studying, of course) and secretly crushing on ismailvegamze (I am unsure if that was the account which posted Arnav-Khushi Love Scenes).

I had a lot of forum friends, today I only have very vivid recollection of conversations with people, but am not really in touch with anyone. I had a strange affinity with the show, so much that Arnav was Handsome Bhaiya and Khushi was Kookie Bhabhi. I shipped Bhaiya and Bhabhi like it was an Olympic sport. In my defence I was 18 when I began watching the show.

I started watching the show because my grandmom who controlled the TV remote was firmly wedded to Star Plus (Sidenote: she now only watches Indian news channels, because they are way more entertaining). I got hooked, because Arnav and Khushi were sooooo pretty. And honestly, the first 8/9 months were stellar. Right upto the fateful moment that loveface Arnav took the long walk up to terrace on the eve of Akash and Payal wedding. IMO after that the show had occasional moments of spark, but never as taut, gripping and awww-worthy. Before I am bandied a hater, let me assure you that I was pretty loyal to all the weirdness that followed. I even look back fondly at Talk to the Hand Daadi and the utterly pointless Masala Maama :)

But even back then, I acknowledged the show had problematic elements, that I definitely looked past. For instance, there were issues around physical mishandling and the terrible way that it dealt with class. I have not watched a single scene from the show in the last 5/6 years, and I am pretty certain if I began watching it, I might not find it as compelling, or worse, it won't hold up to my adulthood scrutiny. I am curious to know, what has been the experience of other fans?

Though, my affection for the show and my ability to use random dialogues from it continue. The other day I told my fiance, ajeeb ho tum. He just shrugged. I wish he was a fan of the show, because the three words I told him were akin to saying, I love you. Dammit!

Hello to all of you. And do share your thoughts around the show.

Cheers!

PS: My sudden appearance here was inspired by my return home and me going through an old hard drive, where I found some of my Arnav Khushi VMs :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saucechips thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

OMG! What a coincidence!

So I am also an oldie from the 2012 IPK days, and I was suddenly hit by a wave of IPK nostalgia (also triggered in a similar fashion as yours) and this would be my first post on the forum in like...6 years maybe? I was just figuring out this all new look of this website today and thinking of making a post on the forum on how to get old threads opened since for the life of me I can't figure it out 😆 and looking at the posts on the front page, I was wondering how I couldn't recognize a single one of these new names. And then I saw your post!

We weren't friends unfortunately, but I vividly remember you for just HOW awesome your VMs were and just how much wit, creativity and humor you put into them. I was so pissed when the blokes at SP decided to have VMs pulled off and I wasn't able to revisit yours. If you have backups stored and a large heart, I would really love to be able to watch them again. They were such a delight. 

The references thing, ah, if only I could listen to a conversation where someone says "Toh tumhe isse kya farq padta hai?" with a straight face to this date, without saying "Of course farq padta hai dammit" on cue. LOL. 

ASRphanki thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

IPK was a masterpiece ! After all these years, I fondly recollect the memories ...didn't had the guts go rewatch it on Hotstar, as it reminds me about the bad, abrupt end  😆 I specially miss the OSs, SS, FFs ..Meera , NapsterMonster, Sandhya, Anamika and many more created a fictional universe which kept the memories of the show alive ! I cannot read any other fanfiction apart from Arshi ! 

Now after all these years, Kaha Hum Kaha Tum is something which I am watching regularly without getting bored ..didn't find any good shows (especially Hindi) during all these years ! 

rafiki84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Raginiiiii ❤❤ of course you won't remember me, was a silent reader of all your one shots and the VMs, also loved loved lovved, "His Whatness Shri Arnav Singh Raizada" 🤣. Ismailvegamze was my go to channel for instant ArHi satisfaction too ❤️

Coming back to your question, honestly haven't watched the show in years, but I did go back to watching some episodes when season 3 was airing (this name is Voldemort on the forum, we don't mention that here 😆), just to remind myself of the good times and honestly I didn't feel any different, the dormant fan girl in me came back to life and as usual I ignored all that is supposed to be sane and reasonable, (that office drop scene still makes me question as to why Khushi didn't sue his handsome ass for the millions and billions he was worth! Why dammit?!). This would make me sound like a 14 year old, but what the hell, I feel like the pull of all those trip-fall-catch scenes will always stay with me no matter how much I dislike cheesy romance scenes, but just like you I was 18 years old and was obsessed with IPK as well 😆. The obsession has definitely gone away, but the fangirl in me is still alive ❤️

It was really good to see you come back here girly ❤️ 

rafiki84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

OMG ! Today is definitely a day for coincidences ❤️ so good to see back as well woman ❤️

pravallika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hi ragini!!

What a pleasant surprise dear 🤗You don't know me but, I remember you and even saucechips. I was a silent reader those days. I'm still hanging here. 

All your comments were hilarious and witty. Your VM's and edits were awesome.  I can never forget you.

And dear saucechips, you surprised me with your unexpected comment. How can, I forget your unexpectedly expected. One of my favourite story ❤️ 

Though, I don't know you guys or never interacted,  I can never forget your user ID's. Welcome back both of you 🤗

Arshi67 thumbnail

I loved your posts and VMs. So witty and clever and displaying maturity way beyond your years. (speaking with all the observational powers of a Spice Girls fan here 😆)

Hope you share the contents of that hard drive again! Wishing you a faraq filled choti si duniya with you ajeeb fiancee :) 

redpetals123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

What  a coincidence .... just now I told saucehips welcome back and here I have another old writer back... wow!!!!.. I dont know about others but its been 7 years I am on this forum and I have definetly not outgrown IPK... it was and will be best for me and I am still crazy to watch old episodes and vms... and dont miss any fan fiction on them

Savera84 thumbnail

Ocean of Happiness

Welcome back Rag1ni.  Surely you don't know me.  I joined this forum in 2014 and I read all +10000 pages of IPK posts and your topics are one of the best.

Coming to your question.  SI and BS have done a tremendous job and made us forget all the illogical scenes and tracks.  So, the bottom line is I haven't outgrown IPKNND.

Example: Just yesterday I was chatting with a friend I met on IF while eating lunch and reading an Arshi OS.

I haven't seen your VMs.  May be they were taken down before I joined.

But, love to see all those missed VMs and more posts from you.

All the best to you.

Cheers.....

Edited by Savera84 - 4 years ago
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hi, don't watch the show any more but still reading Arshi fanfiction..Didn't want any other show after Ipkknd though