Kunal's behaviour towards Mishti

WhtsinAname thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Ok so let me clarify beforehand that I know the show isn't trying to show what I'm going to write about. It's just something that's been on my mind after watching d Maha episode.

Why the hell is Kunal so obsessed with Mishti ?? I mean honestly if I didn't know Abir and Mishti are the couple of the show , I would hv believed Kunal is secretly in love wid Mishti . He even hugged Mishti infront of everyone just to tell her a warning about kuhu's future .

Here the guy was getting married to Kuhu and he couldn't even think 1% about her. I'm not saying he should hv felt how pretty d bride looked and all but he didn't think anything about her the whole time. Only Mishti🤔.

It's like when people hate each other and den fall in love wid dem. 

Even when he was engaged to Mishti he was happy about the arrangement. Mishti broke the engagement ......not Kunal. He had even told Mishti ' ok I forgive you and let's go inside ' before Mishti broke off the engagement .

I used to think Kunal has feelings for Kuhu but hasn't realised it yet but then if you do love someone ,then you will automatically move over your past bitterness of a broken engagement. But apna Kunal only talks about Mishti all the time .He is like a college kid obsessed with the girl who broke his heart.

Mishti has asked sorry and done everything possible to make Kunal forgive her ( though it wasn't even her fault and she knows dt ). Still Kunal doesn't forgive her. Seems like he will be ok if Mishti begs him to marry her and take her back😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Onyourface thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

My views...

Yeh obsession nahi hai...this is male ego that Abir rightly points out....

Kunal who considers himself to be perfect has issues accepting he too can have flaws and people can reject him too

Mish is the one who rejected him and never begged to return to his life unlike shwet who came back ( that's also a set up only)....

Above that...Mishti is in love with Abir...

Imagine a person rejecting you and then falling in love your own sibling...kisi Ko bhi thoda toh Bura lagega hi....toh ye toh male ego wala Banda hai...usko kitna gussa aata hoga imagine...

Lol..I am not saying Kunal is right...he is wrong absolutely wrong....

But he is not obsessed with Mishti but is obsessed with the rejection by Mishti...

music_l0ver036 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I'm not trying to twist your words but this happens ALL THE TIME. Men literally cannot handle rejection when women reject them. I can show you links of all the women murdered because they said no to men, it happens a lot more than you think. Of course the show is not at that kind of extreme but Kunal does want to punish Mishti because she rejected him. I have never thought that Kunal loved Mishti, they've never been compatible with each other, Mishti could have definitely been good for Kunal but she was never right for him.  I think we as a society should critically think about what male attention means for women. There are a lot more Kunals in the world than there are Abirs. Kunal has been trying to make a point ever since Mishti rejected him, and he's been also enabled by his mother. So Kunal being obsessed with Mishti doesn't mean he secretly loves her, it just means his ego is deeply hurt that a girl (who he may think isn't even conventionally attractive) rejected him and he needs to get back at her one way or another. But it's not only on Kunal but also on Meenu that Kunal is behaving the way he is. The whole psychology of men and women, how women are blamed a lot more (as abir pointed out), how a woman has to beg for the man's love, how women also fall into the trap of uplifting their sons (or blood relations) in the expense of sidelining their daughters, how it's the men we're seeing being supportive of the women here (Abir, Bade Papa, Naanu to some extent), is showcased well in this show.  Like they're just merely touching the subjects but I wish it was executed a little bit better. 

In conclusion, I disagree, I think Kunal is being a man who has no idea how to handle rejection and he is not secretly in love with Mishti and I would honestly hate it if the writers took that direction. If thats the case, it'll be another K-k-k-kiran scenario that I AM NOT HERE FOR. 

WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: Onyourface

My views...

Yeh obsession nahi hai...this is male ego that Abir rightly points out....

Kunal who considers himself to be perfect has issues accepting he too can have flaws and people can reject him too

Mish is the one who rejected him and never begged to return to his life unlike shwet who came back ( that's also a set up only)....

Above that...Mishti is in love with Abir...

Imagine a person rejecting you and then falling in love your own sibling...kisi Ko bhi thoda toh Bura lagega hi....toh ye toh male ego wala Banda hai...usko kitna gussa aata hoga imagine...

Lol..I am not saying Kunal is right...he is wrong absolutely wrong....

But he is not obsessed with Mishti but is obsessed with the rejection by Mishti...

I don't think you got my point.

I know that its Kunal's ego only. But the way he behaves makes it look dt way.

It was kind of a fun / sarcastic way to look at the way he behaves . He is just overdoing it now......just my take .

WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

I'm not trying to twist your words but this happens ALL THE TIME. Men literally cannot handle rejection when women reject them. I can show you links of all the women murdered because they said no to men, it happens a lot more than you think. Of course the show is not at that kind of extreme but Kunal does want to punish Mishti because she rejected him. I have never thought that Kunal loved Mishti, they've never been compatible with each other, Mishti could have definitely been good for Kunal but she was never right for him.  I think we as a society should critically think about what male attention means for women. There are a lot more Kunals in the world than there are Abirs. Kunal has been trying to make a point ever since Mishti rejected him, and he's been also enabled by his mother. So Kunal being obsessed with Mishti doesn't mean he secretly loves her, it just means his ego is deeply hurt that a girl (who he may think isn't even conventionally attractive) rejected him and he needs to get back at her one way or another. But it's not only on Kunal but also on Meenu that Kunal is behaving the way he is. The whole psychology of men and women, how women are blamed a lot more (as abir pointed out), how a woman has to beg for the man's love, how women also fall into the trap of uplifting their sons (or blood relations) in the expense of sidelining their daughters, how it's the men we're seeing being supportive of the women here (Abir, Bade Papa, Naanu to some extent), is showcased well in this show.  Like they're just merely touching the subjects but I wish it was executed a little bit better. 

In conclusion, I disagree, I think Kunal is being a man who has no idea how to handle rejection and he is not secretly in love with Mishti and I would honestly hate it if the writers took that direction. If thats the case, it'll be another K-k-k-kiran scenario that I AM NOT HERE FOR. 

Firstly I'm very much aware of how many cases of violence against women are the result of men's ego being hurt. I read articles , news and follow shows that unearths the mentality behind such crimes.So no argument der .

This isn't that kind of serious post actually. To me Kunal doesn't seem like a guy who would harm anyone. He is respectful and a good guy.  True he has male ego and it was hurt badly when Mishti rejected him but now it's gone overboard.

So I was just making fun of his behaviour ..... nothing serious seriously. A lil sarcastic maybe.

Onyourface thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: drbeth

I don't think you got my point.

I know that its Kunal's ego only. But the way he behaves makes it look dt way.

It was kind of a fun / sarcastic way to look at the way he behaves . He is just overdoing it now......just my take .

Lol...you meant in a funny way...then I absolutely agree😆

Then even benba is obsessed with Mishti...lol..to make her bahu

Itna toh Abir b nahi sochta hoga Mishti k baare mein🤣

WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: Onyourface

Lol...you meant in a funny way...then I absolutely agree😆

Then even benba is obsessed with Mishti...lol..to make her bahu

Itna toh Abir b nahi sochta hoga Mishti k baare mein🤣

Lol ðŸ˜†

Ya Bigben is also " Mishti Mishti " all the time

guy3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hehe true, kunal Big Ben are mishti’s biggest fangirls! 😜Mujhe darr hai abir kaheen insecure aur jealous na ho jaaye🤣

Aur kuhu ko pataa chala toh kunal ko joote Padne hain🤣

meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guy3

Hehe true, kunal Big Ben are mishti’s biggest fangirls! 😜Mujhe darr hai abir kaheen insecure aur jealous na ho jaaye🤣

Aur kuhu ko pataa chala toh kunal ko joote Padne hain🤣

there should have been a joke by now ki hum ek dusre se zyada Mishti ko discuss krte hai, lol

adni143 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

many has same question

if he started to like her 

then why would he talk like that on sagai day

but he was okay with her sharing things about his father and that car scene where dheere first time fully was lunched he was enjoying there even

i know rs will not show that