Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

It is interesting that you basically grew up in Canada but look at Indian soap operas. Clearly  it is not available on regular tv   as in India . As in most countries outside India you would have to subscribe and pay for these channels. So why is that? What is it about indian soap operas that interest you . The romance feels ?  I have heard generations of Indian families watch soap opera together so I guess even if they are immigrants in another country they continue to do this to continue the traditions and as a way to continue to connect to their culture. 

I have said Hollywood and western tv is generally much much better than itv and bollywood in my opinion . I thought I made that clear. However soap operas are a specific genre  so it is no use comparing a historical supernatural world wide phenom like Game of thrones to an indian soap opera just because there are some romantic and sexual elements in both. That is like comparing apples to oranges. I agree that indian tv is quite conservative  about these issues but that is because many fans who watch it in India are conservative esp as they view it as a family . I enjoyed most seasons of Game of thrones and most westerners like myself have no problem with sex  etc portrayed as the culture is much  more liberal. However it should fit in the storyline and not just be gratuitous imo. 

What might be a better comparison is comparing indian soap operas to western soaps. Soaps are about interpersonal relations and primarily romance etc so I guess those who look at it want that fix . The thing is in the west most people who look at soaps are housewives stay at home moms retired women . If young or working women look at western soaps it is considered a guilty pleasure as it is considered not really quality tv . Just curious as to why wrt indian soaps familes and young women look at it and why on iv are there mainly soaps. As you will know western tv has so many other genres comedy drama mysteries etc Indeed I think soaps might be in the early afternoon on werkdays when most of us are at work orvschool because they know who their target sudience is while indian soaps are all night every night in prime time

I have clearly stated in this and other posts that indian actors are limited in what they can choose badically soaps or a web series while western tv actors have so much more variety and quality work to choose from and clesrly they have to make a living . However I stand by my view that the channels producers writers and actors are all complicit in the poor state of indian tv. Sanya Irani who apparently is a popular actress who has not been on tv for a while said tv has changed and she just can’t relate to most of the roles anymore . So to each their own .

Unlike you I cannot look at a show just for the actors . I look at a show for the storyline content and characters. so I have looked at this show at the points where it held by interest and stopped at the points where I found it too irritating  illogical Anyway to each their own. Nice chatting with you . I have looked  at Zain’s shows where they held my interest since the beginning of his career so I wish him and Shrenu the best . I hope one day they can fulfill their dreams - Zain has said he wants movies like Salman Khan and John Abraham, he likes action shows biopics rather than romance, negative grey shaded characters rather than positive and finite series . So hopefully the actors are not limited by lack of opportunity or only trying to satisfy fans instead of focussing on what they creatively want 

Indian TV serials are very illogical and perhaps that's why i watch them😆. You don't have to think too much and can simply watch it as a stress buster. I was a fan of Zain's from Naamkarann days and found his acting phenomenal. I enjoy watching him act on screen because I see the talent right in front of my eyes. Shitty story or not, his talent..the way he emotes, dialogue delivery..everything is on point and gripping and so I will watch for him. After seeing Shrenu, I also began to like her in this show. She's an amazing actress. 

And no, I never said I watch the show just for the actors LOL..this show captured my attention from the first promo itself because it was unique and engrossing. So I tried it out, watched for a while before the revamp and then gave up because it wasn't suiting my taste. After the revamp, I decided to give it a shot again and was hoping to see certain things reflected in my favourite characters, Pooja and Kabir..as I said in another post, I wanted to feel their emotions, anger, pain, frustration and how they overcome it. I've been waiting since episode 50 for that and nothing has happened. 

Yesterday's haldi scene WAS my breaking point and I'm at a point where Kabir is no longer redeemable for me. No matter WHAT creatives show, it WILL be non-redeemable. And this isn't what Zain wanted in the beginning. Not sure what shrenu's expectations were but i'm pretty sure this wasn't what Shrenu signed up for either. So yes, I want bigger and better things for them both and would actually love to see Zain playing a negative/grey character..maybe even in a movie rather than in a show! 

And yes, it was good to talk to you dear! 😊

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sanjana-

Indian TV serials are very illogical and perhaps that's why i watch them😆. You don't have to think too much and can simply watch it as a stress buster. I was a fan of Zain's from Naamkarann days and found his acting phenomenal. I enjoy watching him act on screen because I see the talent right in front of my eyes. Shitty story or not, his talent..the way he emotes, dialogue delivery..everything is on point and gripping and so I will watch for him. After seeing Shrenu, I also began to like her in this show. She's an amazing actress. 

And no, I never said I watch the show just for the actors LOL..this show captured my attention from the first promo itself because it was unique and engrossing. So I tried it out, watched for a while before the revamp and then gave up because it wasn't suiting my taste. After the revamp, I decided to give it a shot again and was hoping to see certain things reflected in my favourite characters, Pooja and Kabir..as I said in another post, I wanted to feel their emotions, anger, pain, frustration and how they overcome it. I've been waiting since episode 50 for that and nothing has happened. 

Yesterday's haldi scene WAS my breaking point and I'm at a point where Kabir is no longer redeemable for me. No matter WHAT creatives show, it WILL be non-redeemable. And this isn't what Zain wanted in the beginning. Not sure what shrenu's expectations were but i'm pretty sure this wasn't what Shrenu signed up for either. So yes, I want bigger and better things for them both and would actually love to see Zain playing a negative/grey character..maybe even in a movie rather than in a show! 

And yes, it was good to talk to you dear! 😊

If you like Zain in a negative grey role might I suggest watching him as Yuvraj Luthra in Tashan e Ishq. That was his breakthrough role as he himself has acknowledged. He played the negative lead and won several awards for his performance . He was great as a stylish hot tempered obsessed villain  . Though like with most itv shows this show went downhill also at some points esp after the leap . Take care 😀 

Edited by trinitodebone - 4 years ago
-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: trinitodebone

If you like Zain in a negative grey role might I suggest watching him as Yuvraj Luthra in Tashan e Ishq. That was his breakthrough role as he himself has acknowledged. He played the negative lead and won several awards for his performance . He was great as a stylish hot tempered obsessed villain  . Though like with most itv shows this show went downhill also at some points esp after the leap . Take care 😀 

I tried finding episodes of that online but couldn't sadly D: I also heard that he did really well there! I think he started as a positive lead and then they turned him negative or something? Sad that I can't find it online though :(

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sanjana-

I tried finding episodes of that online but couldn't sadly D: I also heard that he did really well there! I think he started as a positive lead and then they turned him negative or something? Sad that I can't find it online though :(

Well there has been debate on that for years lol Some fans say the initial tv promos were misleading just showing Zain’s character and female lead and promoting it as Romeo Juliet type story with 2 warring families and they changed the story overnight to make him negative when he was supposed to be the positive lead. Others say and he has said in interviews that he was always meant to be the antagonist - grey and then negative. The positive lead also said he was cast before the female lead and Zain in the positive role. All three were at the launch and the producer and channel on their website in the original character descriptions indicated this. The positive lead was introduced as a surprise twist in the 10 th episode when it was revealed  that Zain character was really pretending to love the female lead to take revenge for his mother lol Anyway I forgot it is hard to find zee tv shows  online unlike other channels ☹️

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fraands, not to interrupt your discussion, but this post was not for discussing West v/s Indian serials, or prospects for Shrenu/Zain's careers.

This post was about whether writers are going to make a choice or not. 

I loved the show before revamp. Because I don't care for romance, and powerful characters like Jahnvi are right up my alley, 'cos I love grey characters. 

Even after revamp the show could have been interesting but the writers turned Pooja from grey into a sociopath and Kabir from a principled guy to self-righteous arse. 

I guess, you guys are right, if at this point, when the writers have received notice of the show going off-air, and they are still showing nonsense, maybe this show doesn't deserve to be on air.

I want to see Pooja win at the end of this debacle. But Star Plus, is quite determinedly regressive. They often interfere in content to make it suit the tastes of the trp audience, even if the show is going off air. TRP aunties would not be able to digest the "bad" bahu get away with her crimes. 

So we might have to see Kabir "controlling" and "making" a good woman out of Pooja. Which I don't want to see. 

I know that Dipti loved Jahnvi and she created her with care, and Shrenu did complete justice to that role.

But maybe the tv audience is too backward to accept a woman taking revenge in the guise of a bahu, as the "hero" of the show, or anti-hero if you preferred. 

Thats why I am unsure whether writers will be able to make a choice, or not. 

if_mm thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

Fraands, not to interrupt your discussion, but this post was not for discussing West v/s Indian serials, or prospects for Shrenu/Zain's careers.

This post was about whether writers are going to make a choice or not. 

I loved the show before revamp. Because I don't care for romance, and powerful characters like Jahnvi are right up my alley, 'cos I love grey characters. 

Even after revamp the show could have been interesting but the writers turned Pooja from grey into a sociopath and Kabir from a principled guy to self-righteous arse. 

I guess, you guys are right, if at this point, when the writers have received notice of the show going off-air, and they are still showing nonsense, maybe this show doesn't deserve to be on air.

I want to see Pooja win at the end of this debacle. But Star Plus, is quite determinedly regressive. They often interfere in content to make it suit the tastes of the trp audience, even if the show is going off air. TRP aunties would not be able to digest the "bad" bahu get away with her crimes. 

So we might have to see Kabir "controlling" and "making" a good woman out of Pooja. Which I don't want to see. 

I know that Dipti loved Jahnvi and she created her with care, and Shrenu did complete justice to that role.

But maybe the tv audience is too backward to accept a woman taking revenge in the guise of a bahu, as the "hero" of the show, or anti-hero if you preferred. 

Thats why I am unsure whether writers will be able to make a choice, or not. 

I was thinking about the same. Had it been Mr. X taking revenge on a family for his dad's murder,  I guess it'd have gone well with TRP junta. 

I've been optimistic with this show - with much more logic than all the leading soaps put together. But dadaji, kabir, Sonali trio's conversation ruined it. Going to stop watching on TV , not to add on to TRP and catch up online after the show ends. So that Star doesn't think a blackmailed, oppressed,  crying female lead is the path to TRP success

SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: if_mm

I was thinking about the same. Had it been Mr. X taking revenge on a family for his dad's murder,  I guess it'd have gone well with TRP junta. 

I've been optimistic with this show - with much more logic than all the leading soaps put together. But dadaji, kabir, Sonali trio's conversation ruined it. Going to stop watching on TV , not to add on to TRP and catch up online after the show ends. So that Star doesn't think a blackmailed, oppressed,  crying female lead is the path to TRP success

@ bold: Unfortunately, looking at KZK (just one example) doing well, that's exactly what Star thinks. 🤢

SRKisLove thumbnail

I don't what writers are trying to do.

They quite deliberately show Kabir humiliating Pooja, making him the villain.

They quite deliberately show Pooja's flashback of her father being murdered by the senior Mittals, with sad bg music, wanting the audience to sympathize with her.

Then they quite deliberately show Kabir worried because her Mom is lost. But he is genuinely concerned that Pooja's mom is his "responsibility" and doesn't mention about how she is a leverage against Pooja. Trying to show the Kabir has some humanity. 

Which way is the wind blowing?

The writers are openly acknowledging that all the humiliation and distress Pooja is undergoing right now is wrong. 

At the same time, they are letting Kabir win this game of abuse.

You can't have the audience put their foot in both boats.

This kind of strategy works in 4Lions show, where they show the male lead abusing the female lead, and then they show his redemption track.

Here the writers don't have the time for redemption, so what are they attempting to do here?

Make Pooja lose? That will be a bad option. 

Make Kabir lose? Doesn't look like it, considering how he's been winning since the revamp. 

The show has lost all semblance of writing technique and logic.

And I'm still watching/going to watch, JUST to see whether my favorite character gets justice. 

Am I mad? 

krithi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

According to me this show didn't get a good writer before and after the revamp. Pooja character should have not been revealed as a grey one to the audience at the beginning stage.

If the writer had thought to show a good character for controlling the grey character, the suitable actors should have been selected . Because every actor has some popularity and a group of fans . So the majority of the fans expectations must be fulfilled. 

As I have said earlier days that the 7 pm slot is not suitable for the revenge concept. Because most of the senior citizens only watch the TV at this time. If the channel expects a good rate at this time , the show must be a mythological show. If it is the supernatural or the romance show , the teenagers can watch the show at this time slot. Finally the channel comes to know this logic after ruining the actors of this show career. The upcoming show may get a good rate because it is a mythological show.

Actually this channel give the importance to the particular actors only. Normally the professional actors are always sidelined by the channel. The trp 0.8 is not a bad rate at this time slot and the upcoming show won't get the rate beyond 3. 

According to this show I don't want to blame the channel. The producer failed to select a good writer for the actors. Before revamp, at least the director gave the chances to the actors to expose their acting talents and it was an interesting  for the audience to watch . After revamp the new writer and the director joined their hands to send this show in to the grave.

If the writer is an eligible one to survive in this entertainment world, he/she should write the script as the concept" good will win over the evil.". Pooja's mother is now in mentally unstable condition. So her negative actions won't be considered as a crime. So the whole Mittals should be killed by burning the Mittal's house. Pooja and Rani should escape from the house with Amma and they have to work and  live a peaceful life . Their mother should be admitted to the hospital for the further treatment. I think this is a good end of this show.

SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: krithi1990

According to me this show didn't get a good writer before and after the revamp. Pooja character should have not been revealed as a grey one to the audience at the beginning stage.

If the writer had thought to show a good character for controlling the grey character, the suitable actors should have been selected . Because every actor has some popularity and a group of fans . So the majority of the fans expectations must be fulfilled. 

As I have said earlier days that the 7 pm slot is not suitable for the revenge concept. Because most of the senior citizens only watch the TV at this time. If the channel expects a good rate at this time , the show must be a mythological show. If it is the supernatural or the romance show , the teenagers can watch the show at this time slot. Finally the channel comes to know this logic after ruining the actors of this show career. The upcoming show may get a good rate because it is a mythological show.

Actually this channel give the importance to the particular actors only. Normally the professional actors are always sidelined by the channel. The trp 0.8 is not a bad rate at this time slot and the upcoming show won't get the rate beyond 3. 

According to this show I don't want to blame the channel. The producer failed to select a good writer for the actors. Before revamp, at least the director gave the chances to the actors to expose their acting talents and it was an interesting  for the audience to watch . After revamp the new writer and the director joined their hands to send this show in to the grave.

If the writer is an eligible one to survive in this entertainment world, he/she should write the script as the concept" good will win over the evil.". Pooja's mother is now in mentally unstable condition. So her negative actions won't be considered as a crime. So the whole Mittals should be killed by burning the Mittal's house. Pooja and Rani should escape from the house with Amma and they have to work and  live a peaceful life . Their mother should be admitted to the hospital for the further treatment. I think this is a good end of this show.

@bold: This!! 

At this point, Pooja is the good character, so definitely she should win over Mittals.