The writers have to make a choice

Posted: 4 years ago

See, as someone who has watched Tellywood for years now, since Kutumb aired on Sony tv, the writers appear to me as confused. 

The first 50 episodes of the show were dedicated to building Jahnvi's story, and clearly garnering the sympathy of the audience for what she suffered. Even when they showed Pooja behaving like a sociopath towards Kabir, after the revamp, they balanced it out, in a little way, by showing her interaction with the orphan kids, or her talking about her childhood of poverty, or how she gives away the profits of the company to the orphanage. 

If after all this, they show her losing to the Mittal family, it will be indigestible. Maybe apologizing to Dhruv or Jai/Sonali would be still fine, but showing her losing to Suman, Dadaji and Chanda, is gross. 

At the same time, they have been showing Kabir as the 'savior' from the beginning of the show, like how he saved Kavya, and later Pooja. Even in the Vyom angle, we felt that the Kabir is actually protecting his friend who is a traitor, but it turned out he was a secret agent doing his duty. 

I'm genuinely curious what is Kabir thinking? In the segment, they showed Kabir asking Pooja to pray for PK's soul.

Really? This is not the Kabir we knew from the initial episodes. The man who was ready to hit his father, for abusing his mother, is asking Pooja to pray for the soul of her father's murderer? Not to forget, he himself wanted to PK to give up himself to the law. 

If Kabir wanted his home and property back, he could have easily asked Pooja to return them in exchange for her mother. He could have asked her to publicly apologize for the slaps. All this would have still made sense. 

But the over-the-top humiliation he is doing, plus controlling Pooja like some neanderthal is really against his character. 

And above everything, why is he hell bent on marrying Pooja? He can get back everything in exchange of her mother. Why would he tie himself to the woman who hates his family?

If Pooja let the Mittals alive last time, this time she would kill them all. Kabir just set foundation for Jahnvi 2.0.

Problem is: there is no time for execution of Jahnvi 2.0. The show has only 3 weeks left.

So, instead of clearing the misunderstandings and trying to make for a peace, writers are just making matters worse. 

At this point, Kabir and Pooja being together, will be the most illogical thing. It would have worked in the beginning of the revamp, when Kabir was sympathetic to her but didn't agree with her wrong means. That could have been a nice conflict and clash of ideologies.

But currently, when he has stooped lower than Pooja for his revenge, I see no chance of any respectful equation between them, let alone love. 

The writers have clearly come to a point where there can either be victory for Kabir or for Pooja. There is just not enough time to show growth of relationship. 

Victory for Kabir, might appeal to the tv audience considering how much they love the male lead torturing the female lead, and the female lead crying buckets as a result (what has been happening in our show since the last two weeks, unfortunately). But online audience would go mad, because their sympathies are quite solidly placed on Pooja's side.

So, what is going to be? Kabir or Pooja? 

The writers, in my opinion, still haven't clearly taken a side yet, because they show scenes supporting both the characters. 

But at this point they have to make a choice. 

I'm only watching this show till the end to see Pooja come out of this as the victor, even if she has to kill the entire Mittal family at the end of it all. 

I'll rather have her become a dark character, than lose to Kabir and his 'holier-than-thou' skewed up judgements. 

So, I really dunno how this is going to turn out? What do you guys think?

Frankly after seeing how low Kabir has fallen to get his revenge, I would not mind Pooja killing the Mittals and become a dark character. I would not even mind her going to jail for killing the Mittals especially Dada, Suman, the Chachi and Kabir. Sorry but after all the shit Kabir is doing, in my opinion he cannot be redeemed anymore. So if he wins in the end will mean they will redeem him somehow so tht he and his actions can be justified and this will be a slap in the creatives own face after showing why Pooja became Jhanvi in the 1st place. And if the show ends with Kabir winning, then I will be happy tht its going off air

Edited by eshasrk - 4 years ago

Originally posted by eshasrk

Frankly after seeing how low Kabir has fallen to get his revenge, I would not mind Pooja killing the Mittals and become a dark character. I would not even mind her going to jail for killing the Mittals especially Dada, Suman, the Chachi and Kabir. Sorry but after all the shit Kabir is doing, in my opinion he cannot be redeemed anymore. So if he wins in the end will mean they will redeem him somehow so tht he and his actions can be justified and this will be a slap in the creatives own face after showing why Pooja became Jhanvi in the 1st place. And if the show ends with Kabir winning, then I will be happy tht its going off air

THIS^^^^ is EVERYTHING! WELL SAID

I have been watching the show religiously for ShreZain but just couldn't stomach this last haldi wala episode. NOPE. As a woman, it absolutely infuriated me. And me, being a solid feminist, I just couldn't digest Kabir encouraging Amma to apply haldi to Pooja from the ground. It was disgusting, insulting and demeaning. And as Indian women, watching this kind of stuff? It speaks VOLUMES about how regressive our shows and cultures are. The sad truth is that we are EONS away from even TOUCHING Hollywood. 

Moreover, Suman's accusations on Pooja are just absurd and ridiculous and someone needs to show her the mirror. I have been waiting since episode 50 for Kabir to take SOME kind of action against his family...actually, forget taking action. Even ACKNOWLEDGING the fact that they are criminals would have been a start. But no. he has turned a blind eye to his family. Even Sonali, the other day, when she was pretending to be Kalyani bahu. What was the dialogue she said? "Mittal parivar ne jo bhi kiya ho, hain toh woh mere parivaar hi!"...LITERALLY JUSTIFYING their crimes and ignoring them because they are FAMILY. It makes me want to throw up. 

I wanted this show to run for shrezain, but if, with just 20 episodes left, creatives aren't able to come up with something better than what's being shown, I'm not sure it deserves to remain on air. ShreZain deserve much better than this backward and regressive content. 

I recently started watching this show when I saw one post of Instagram of jabir. I liked their chemistry so i don't know much about their previous story but i collected few information.

Revamp is not bad if they executed well but writers are clueless. They don't know what they have to show. Instead of creating misunderstandings between pooja and kabir they should have shown kabir realising pooja is not janvi. Janvi is facade but pooja is real. She is caring and loving person but because of her past she Lives in darkness and it is Kabir's duty to bring her back from her darkness.

And when Pooja tries to overcome her past, PK Mittal's entry.

And about Dhruva, after being betrayed by his fake wife and living in agony for a few days, start moving forward in his life because life does not end with a betrayal. You must go on with your life.

But what writers showed, kabir forced pooja for marriage because of revenge. And he wants to teach her values of relationships, it this a joke??

and what about his family?? And their crime?? And they never miss a chance to Insult her. If she humiliated and Insulted like this Then what is the use of hero.

Instead of supporting her and understanding her condition he became her enemy... wowww what a great👏..

Edited by shree001 - 4 years ago

Now For me the story should be like this…

Pooja's Mom revealed one of the biggest truth about Kabir life...

Kabir comes to know about his real parents who have been killed at the hands of PK Mittal because of the property, and he exchange his dead child with Kabir… (I really want, Kabir to realize what Pooja has endured)

Dhruv gets a new girl, who was already in love with Dhruv. Pooja realizes her mistake and apologizes to Dhruv but he ignores her (I don't think he should forgive her easily) and he, along with his girlfriend, leaves the country leaving his horrible family behind.

Suman is shocked by all the truth .. and heartbroken that her only son left her .. and finally Grandpa and Suman realize the mistake of seeing their broken family.

Kabir falls in love with Pooja and realizes what he did to her, so he frees Pooja from their marriage.

On the other hand, Pooja leaves Kabir and goes out with her mother.

Season 2

Where pooja and kabir again meet than there love story start and

PK mittal is alive..

Originally posted by -Sanjana-

I have been watching the show religiously for ShreZain but just couldn't stomach this last haldi wala episode. NOPE. As a woman, it absolutely infuriated me. And me, being a solid feminist, I just couldn't digest Kabir encouraging Amma to apply haldi to Pooja from the ground. It was disgusting, insulting and demeaning. And as Indian women, watching this kind of stuff? It speaks VOLUMES about how regressive our shows and cultures are. The sad truth is that we are EONS away from even TOUCHING Hollywood. 

Moreover, Suman's accusations on Pooja are just absurd and ridiculous and someone needs to show her the mirror. I have been waiting since episode 50 for Kabir to take SOME kind of action against his family...actually, forget taking action. Even ACKNOWLEDGING the fact that they are criminals would have been a start. But no. he has turned a blind eye to his family. Even Sonali, the other day, when she was pretending to be Kalyani bahu. What was the dialogue she said? "Mittal parivar ne jo bhi kiya ho, hain toh woh mere parivaar hi!"...LITERALLY JUSTIFYING their crimes and ignoring them because they are FAMILY. It makes me want to throw up. 

I wanted this show to run for shrezain, but if, with just 20 episodes left, creatives aren't able to come up with something better than what's being shown, I'm not sure it deserves to remain on air. ShreZain deserve much better than this backward and regressive content

Bold The sad truth is that we are EONS away from even TOUCHING Hollywood.  

Trust me having grown up with Hollywood and western tv  not all of it is good content but it is generally much better than Bollywood indian tv in my opinion. 

It was actually quite surreal when I stumbled across Indian tv a few years ago while studying in another country. It seems like an alternate universe. I either view it as comedy because after a while it gets so illogical and otp or it irritates me so much I stop looking at it.I have only  looked at bits and pieces of a few shows off and on since then.  

Also it is quite a culture shock for someone who has not grown up in the Indian culture as portrayed on tv. Sometimes I wonder how much is a realistic portrayal and  what is creative license . So many disturbing things are regularly portrayed - misogyny, superstition, domination of women by their families and men, violence and abuse ( why is there so much slapping in itv shows or any slapping for that matter Is that common in Indian irl?) societal expectation . Men and women are so harshly judged by broader society based on so many things like skin  colour , caste, sexual orientation, illigitimacy, socioeconomic status, education , the way they dress esp women, lifestyle etc . The positive female lead is good moral generally wears indian clothes  does not drink smoke or party but the positive male lead is not restricted like this . More disturbingly a negative or grey female lead is often portrayed in revealing western wear drinking partying etc . As if one’s choice of clothes and these aspects of one’s lifestyle are an indication of morality . 

Even in real life I have seen Indian tv actresses bashed on social media for what they wear, if they party etc . Zain’s female friends and costars have been generally judged or bashed by many of his fans not just a few ( or many support this  even if the actors are not tagged by discussing among themselves ) for the western clothes they wear, partying , drinking , smoking , wearing too much makeup and taking too many close pics with Zain and were called  witches snakes  attention seeking etc regularly compared to their fav who is put on a pedestal by them and viewed as a pure simple natural  beauty innocent  etc. It is quite ridiculous to form an opinion about ANY of these people either  positively or negatively  as you real know nothing about them  and often there are indications to the contrary which are conveniently overlooked . However it seems people spin fantasies to  fit their desires even casting real life people as “ good” or “bad”  . Maybe they root for those who fit or who they would like to fit their own highly conservative values but it comes across as narrow minded and highly intolerant . These are also young presumably educated women in modern India too who do this so what does that say about Indian society? 

There is clearly a large audience all over the world and in India for these soap operas so what does thar say about the taste of the audience? Even those on social media rant about how regressive these shows are but still look at them regularly or bits and pieces on tv or online and spend hours discussing it so why is that? 

For the channels and to some extent the producers it is a business so they will give the audience what it wants - what gets the most viewers and ratings  . 

Also actors want work, fame , money so they sign up to do or stick with these shows time and time again  So your comment ShreZain deserve much better than this backward and regressive content. is moot . No one forced them to accept the project or stick with it as the storyline changed but they did it anyway and then promote it to encourage fans to watch . Indeed all actors do this. That does not make it admirable That is not necessarily being professional btw as there are exit clauses in contracts are serving an appropriate notice period. Indeed many actors have amicably parted with their show when the storyline or character was changed so much that it did not make sense and they could not relate to it. Interesting that many  itv actors  including Zain said they don’t look at their own shows or itv generally. If they do look at tv it is reality shows or western tv . Maybe they can’t stomach it but know their fans love it or some will blindly support them no matter how much some may rant on sns

So the channels, producers, writers, audience or those who comment on sns  and the actors themselves are all complicit. Unless audience tastes evolve, some channels or producers commit to really doing realistic content driven stories about something other than romance or if romance it is handled in a nuanced subtle manner , regardless of ratings perhaps as a finite series with a predetermined storyline and actors are more selective about their work nothing will really change

Edited by trinitodebone - 4 years ago

I wanted this show to run for shrezain, but if, with just 20 episodes left, creatives aren't able to come up with something better than what's being shown, I'm not sure it deserves to remain on air. ShreZain deserve much better than this backward and regressive content. 

This is why I am saying every time again and again : your story is 100 times better than this !!!! And this is the reason why we love your story so much, becoz even though its just written, we can still visualize it and relate to the characters becoz they seem real....just like how we are in real life. 

Frankly speaking, the creative team of this show sucks big time !!! Till Jhanvi was fine, but after Jhanvi became Pooja, they have been completely clueless of how to take the story forward. And instead of closing all the loopholes they created, they make it worse than wht it was with only 17 episodes left. Maybe they really deserve for this show to be taken off air.....

Edited by eshasrk - 4 years ago

Originally posted by trinitodebone

Bold The sad truth is that we are EONS away from even TOUCHING Hollywood.  

Trust me having grown up with Hollywood and western tv  not all of it is good content but it is generally much better than Bollywood indian tv in my opinion. 

It was actually quite surreal when I stumbled across Indian tv a few years ago while studying in another country. It seems like an alternate universe. I either view it as comedy because after a while it gets so illogical and otp or it irritates me so much I stop looking at it.I have only  looked at bits and pieces of a few shows off and on since then.  

Also it is quite a culture shock for someone who has not grown up in the Indian culture as portrayed on tv. Sometimes I wonder how much is a realistic portrayal and  what is creative license . So many disturbing things are regularly portrayed - misogyny, superstition, domination of women by their families and men, violence and abuse ( why is there so much slapping in itv shows or any slapping for that matter Is that common in Indian irl?) societal expectation . Men and women are so harshly judged by broader society based on so many things like skin  colour , caste, sexual orientation, illigitimacy, socioeconomic status, education , the way they dress esp women, lifestyle etc . The positive female lead is good moral generally wears indian clothes  does not drink smoke or party but the positive male lead is not restricted like this . More disturbingly a negative or grey female lead is often portrayed in revealing western wear drinking partying etc . As if one’s choice of clothes and these aspects of one’s lifestyle are an indication of morality . 

Even in real life I have seen Indian tv actresses bashed on social media for what they wear, if they party etc . Zain’s female friends and costars have been generally judged or bashed by many of his fans not just a few ( or many support this  even if the actors are not tagged by discussing among themselves ) for the western clothes they wear, partying , drinking , smoking , wearing too much makeup and taking too many close pics with Zain and were called  witches snakes  attention seeking etc regularly compared to their fav who is put on a pedestal by them and viewed as a pure simple natural  beauty innocent  etc. It is quite ridiculous to form an opinion about ANY of these people either  positively or negatively  as you real know nothing about them  and often there are indications to the contrary which are conveniently overlooked . However it seems people spin fantasies to  fit their desires even casting real life people as “ good” or “bad”  . Maybe they root for those who fit or who they would like to fit their own highly conservative values but it comes across as narrow minded and highly intolerant . These are also young presumably educated women in modern India too who do this so what does that say about Indian society? 

There is clearly a large audience all over the world and in India for these soap operas so what does thar say about the taste of the audience? Even those on social media rant about how regressive these shows are but still look at them regularly or bits and pieces on tv or online and spend hours discussing it so why is that? 

For the channels and to some extent the producers it is a business so they will give the audience what it wants - what gets the most viewers and ratings  . 

Also actors want work, fame , money so they sign up to do or stick with these shows time and time again  So your comment ShreZain deserve much better than this backward and regressive content. is moot . No one forced them to accept the project or stick with it as the storyline changed but they did it anyway and then promote the drivel to encourage fans to watch . That is not necessarily being professional btw.

So the channels, producers, writers, audience or those who comment on sns  and the actors themselves are all complicit. Unless audience tastes evolve, some channels or producers commit to really doing realistic content driven stories about something other than romance or if romance it is handled in a nuanced subtle manner , regardless of ratings perhaps as a finite series with a predetermined storyline and actors are more selective about their work nothing will really change

Though I was born in india, I have lived in Canada from the time I was 6 years old and have also grown up with hollywood shows on netflix/amazon prime and others. The standard is completely different and I dont think there can be any arguments on this. It's just a fact. Even in an interview, Zain mentioned the same thing that I mentioned here. He said Indian television is SO far off from producing things like Game of Thrones (which, by the way is literally FILLED with incest and is STILL loved worldwide by people of all ages). Here it seems viewers cannot even get past "devar-bhabhi" though there was literally no such relationship between them to begin with.... 

Until the views change and modernize...specifically about women. And until people can stop dictating things they feel women should do and labeling it as cultural norms (what they should wear, how they should behave, etc) we have no hope of progressing. I have turned my brain off completely as I watch this show because now the only reason I watch it is for my adorable ShreZain. 

As far as them choosing the show, the show was initially not advertised as what it has become. It started with an extremely strong Jahnvi Mittal and her revenge against the Mittal family. This was new for ITV because it's rare to see a grey bahu that doesnt fit the typical "sarvagun sampanna" stereotypes. But of course, due to lower TRPs (as a result of many factors including shitty time slot, little promotion from star plus and no repeats), Star Plus butted in and changed the storyline. Quitting the show wouldn't have been an option for ShreZain. First, because when you sign up for a show, you have to sign a contract saying that you will work with the PH and channel for some months (generally I believe it's somewhere between 6 months to a year). It's not so easy to just quit a show and walk off. Moreover, this IS their income. It's a job for them at the end of the day and they arent concerned with the storyline as much as the viewers. Zain had many expectations with the show (based on how it was initially advertized) and even has a house now. It's a financial struggle for the actors and this keeps the money coming in. They aren't like Amitabh Bachan or other big bollywood actors who have the liberty of just walking out and deciding they're no longer interested! They get paid per day based on the hours they work. So yeah, in my opinion they ARE being professional about this and simply doing their work. Their work is to fulfil the requirements of the contract and act. And promoting the show = possibility of higher TRPs = the show running for a longer period = greater financial security for the actors. I don't blame them for promoting their show. I would do the same.

As a FAN however, I humbly believe that they deserve better. Because I know both of them are PHENOMENAL actors and can do well in other shows that have a stronger storyline. 

Edited by -Sanjana- - 4 years ago

Originally posted by eshasrk

This is why I am saying every time again and again : your story is 100 times better than this !!!! And this is the reason why we love your story so much, becoz even though its just written, we can still visualize it and relate to the characters becoz they seem real....just like how we are in real life. 

Frankly speaking, the creative team of this show sucks big time !!! Till Jhanvi was fine, but after Jhanvi became Pooja, they have been completely clueless of how to take the story forward. And instead of closing all the loopholes they created, they make it worse than wht it was with only 17 episodes left. Maybe they really deserve for this show to be taken off air.....

Ufff you're always so kind and say such nice things about my story!!! <3 It's seriously so heartwarming <3 Thank youu!!!

And in my opinion, writers themselves don't know their characters. It sucks, because as a writer, you have to LIVE your character. Dig deep into them, understand what they're feeling and portray those intense emotions. In this kind of show especially where Pooja has such trauma from her past...I expect much more EMOTION from her rather than childlike tashan. EMOTION is what I wanted from episode 50...I wanted to see her nightmares of her father burning in that house...her PTSD...her anxiety..and yet at the same time in front of Kabir she tries to act strong and puts on a facade..and Kabir...ohhh gosh I expected so much from him too...I wanted him to at least acknowledge his family's past crimes and understand that they are no saints themselves..i wanted him to feel Pooja's pain and after Pooja's revenge I wanted them to try to heal each other..

Ohhhhh my heart cries at what this story could have been. 17 episodes left and we're still just at immature and male chauvinistic Tashan and Suman degrading Pooja. It's painful D: And you're so right about the random loopholes..there are SO many..like where did Dhruv disappear to? Kabir is just happily getting marrried to Pooja and even Suman seems to have forgotten her elder son... and what happened to her mother? And how has Kabir managed to keep Pooja's mom quiet all this time? And what about clearing the misunderstanding about kabir's involvement in the stolen clothes truck or even his involvement in the kidnapping? Ohhhhh it hurts so muchhh!!! :(

And yes, I thought the same after yesterday's episode. If after 80 some odd episodes we couldn't see what we wanted to see in this show, what are the chances we will get it in the next 17 episodes or even any time in the future? It's better this show ends. I'm sad for ShreZain and the whole team because it must be a significant loss for them...but it's better than a story that's going no where. 

Edited by -Sanjana- - 4 years ago

Though I was born in india, I have lived in Canada from the time I was 6 years old and have also grown up with hollywood shows on netflix/amazon prime and others. The standard is completely different and I dont think there can be any arguments on this. It's just a fact. Even in an interview, Zain mentioned the same thing that I mentioned here. He said Indian television is SO far off from producing things like Game of Thrones (which, by the way is literally FILLED with incest and is STILL loved worldwide by people of all ages). Here it seems viewers cannot even get past "devar-bhabhi" though there was literally no such relationship between them to begin with.... 

Until the views change and modernize...specifically about women. And until people can stop dictating things they feel women should do and labeling it as cultural norms (what they should wear, how they should behave, etc) we have no hope of progressing. I have turned my brain off completely as I watch this show because now the only reason I watch it is for my adorable ShreZain. 

As far as them choosing the show, the show was initially not advertised as what it has become. It started with an extremely strong Jahnvi Mittal and her revenge against the Mittal family. This was new for ITV because it's rare to see a grey bahu that doesnt fit the typical "sarvagun sampanna" stereotypes. But of course, due to lower TRPs (as a result of many factors including shitty time slot, little promotion from star plus and no repeats), Star Plus butted in and changed the storyline. Quitting the show wouldn't have been an option for ShreZain. First, because when you sign up for a show, you have to sign a contract saying that you will work with the PH and channel for some months (generally I believe it's somewhere between 6 months to a year). It's not so easy to just quit a show and walk off. Moreover, this IS their income. It's a job for them at the end of the day and they arent concerned with the storyline as much as the viewers. Zain had many expectations with the show (based on how it was initially advertized) and even has a house now. It's a financial struggle for the actors and this keeps the money coming in. They aren't like Amitabh Bachan or other big bollywood actors who have the liberty of just walking out and deciding they're no longer interested! They get paid per day based on the hours they work. So yeah, in my opinion they ARE being professional about this and simply doing their work. Their work is to fulfil the requirements of the contract and act. And promoting the show = possibility of higher TRPs = the show running for a longer period = greater financial security for the actors. I don't blame them for promoting their show. I would do the same.

As a FAN however, I humbly believe that they deserve better. Because I know both of them are PHENOMENAL actors and can do well in other shows that have a stronger storyline. 

It is interesting that you basically grew up in Canada but look at Indian soap operas. Clearly  it is not available on regular tv   as in India . As in most countries outside India you would have to subscribe and pay for these channels. So why is that? What is it about indian soap operas that interest you ? The romance feels ?  I have heard generations of Indian families watch soap opera together so I guess even if they are immigrants in another country they continue to do this to continue the traditions and as a way to continue to connect to their culture. 

I have said Hollywood and western tv is generally much much better than itv and bollywood in my opinion . I thought I made that clear. However soap operas are a specific genre  so it is no use comparing a historical supernatural world wide phenom like Game of thrones to an indian soap opera just because there are some romantic and sexual elements in both. That is like comparing apples to oranges. I agree that indian tv is quite conservative  about these issues but that is because many fans who watch it in India are conservative esp as they view it as a family . I enjoyed most seasons of Game of thrones and most westerners like myself have no problem with sex  etc portrayed as the culture is much  more liberal. However it should fit in the storyline and not just be gratuitous imo. 

What might be a better comparison is comparing indian soap operas to western soaps. Soaps are about interpersonal relations and primarily romance etc so I guess those who look at it want that fix . The thing is in the west most people who look at soaps are housewives stay at home moms retired women . If young or working women look at western soaps it is considered a guilty pleasure as it is considered not really quality tv . Just curious as to why wrt indian soaps familes and young women look at it and why on iv are there mainly soaps. As you will know western tv has so many other genres comedy drama mysteries etc Indeed I think soaps might be in the early afternoon on werkdays when most of us are at work orvschool because they know who their target sudience is while indian soaps are all night every night in prime time

I have clearly stated in this and other posts that indian actors are limited in what they can choose badically soaps or a web series while western tv actors have so much more variety and quality work to choose from and clesrly they have to make a living . However I stand by my view that the channels producers writers and actors are all complicit in the poor state of indian tv. Sanya Irani who apparently is a popular actress who has not been on tv for a while said tv has changed and she just can’t relate to most of the roles anymore . So to each their own .

Unlike you I cannot look at a show just for the actors . I look at a show for the storyline content and characters. so I have looked at this show at the points where it held by interest and stopped at the points where I found it too irritating  illogical Anyway to each their own. Nice chatting with you . I have looked  at Zain’s shows where they held my interest since the beginning of his career so I wish him and Shrenu the best . I hope one day they can fulfill their dreams - Zain has said he wants movies like Salman Khan and John Abraham, he likes action shows biopics rather than romance, negative grey shaded characters rather than positive and finite series . So hopefully the actors are not limited by lack of opportunity or only trying to satisfy fans instead of focussing on what they creatively want 

As Zain said everyone has plans investments so the abrupt shutting down of a show is difficult. However who I am most concerned about is the crew . Hopefully they are attached to a PH or channel and can roll over to another show . The actors esp the leads should be fine. I have heard one year on itv as a lead can allow you to live comfortably for a few years . Some actors actresses at Zain’s level take a few years off and seem quite comfortable  Zain has some shares in restaurants, ad sponsorships, photoshoots and significant earnings from KKK9 NK TEI etc He is constantly busy so I am sure he will be fine till his next project 

Edited by trinitodebone - 4 years ago