Are they promoting Bigamy?

CaptiveFreedom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Bigamy is the offence of marrying someone while already married to another person.

Bigamy becomes an offence only if the husband or wife is alive. It is an offence even if it is performed with the consent of the first wife. Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code exempts from punishment a second marriage contracted 7 years after the absence of the spouse.

Even if Naira let Kartik get married...that doesn't make Vedika...Kartik's legal wife...in any case....Its a fiction....we all know its a fiction...but I haven't seen any fiction that considers legal offence right...or promote illegal things by calling them right...All Goenkas and Singhanias are actually considering Vedika Kartik's legal wife when she is not...and Naira an illegal wife....when even if she is criminal she is Kartik's wife as first marriage was never annulled...could only be annulled if Naira stayed missing for 7 years...or her dead body wasn't found for 7 long years...or after 5 years...they divorced each other and than he got married to Vedika...only than second marriage becomes legal...

I truly don't remember any of Kekta shows promoting bigamy or showing it lawful or right...As Prerna got married to RB and Anurag got married to Apurna after Anurag-Prerna's divorce...I don't remember any other show considering 2nd wife legal one...or promoting bigamy or considering it right....They are showing illegal stuff as the most righteous values in the world!...I truly don't understand how can general viewers even accept this?...showing illegal stuff for awareness purpose or considering it wrong is a different case...but entire family promoting illegal stuff like bigamy just because they loathe Naira...is puke worthy...

Edited by CaptiveFreedom - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

They are indeed. It’s ridiculous on the cvs part to assume the audience is foolish enough to buy everything they show them. 

For Kaira’s marriage to be invalid, they should have been separated for at least 7 years. They weren’t. So they are still very much married. 

Now the family would not only show Vedika as Kartik’s wife, but they would even try replacing Naira in Kairav’s life. This is pathetic. 

WinterPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

If you check online, we can see the grounds of divorce under hindu law. Though what you have stated is right as per the ground 'not heard alive!',  But in this scenario dont the the ground for desertion hold true first, because as per that "If one of the spouses voluntarily abandons his/her partner for at least a period of two years, the abandoned spouse can file a divorce case on the ground of desertion." So isn't he eligible to file for divorce after just a period of 2 yrs considering the fact that naira intentionally left him?🤔

Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: WinterPrincess

If you check online, we can see the grounds of divorce under hindu law. Though what you have stated is right as per the ground 'not heard alive!',  But in this scenario dont the the ground for desertion hold true first, because as per that "If one of the spouses voluntarily abandons his/her partner for at least a period of two years, the abandoned spouse can file a divorce case on the ground of desertion." So isn't he eligible to file for divorce after just a period of 2 yrs considering the fact that naira intentionally left him?🤔

Haven’t read much about this law but as you said he needs to file for divorce first.

Kartik hasn’t done that yet, so correct me if i am wrong but aren’t they still technically married? 

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fari_15

Haven’t read much about this law but as you said he needs to file for divorce first.

Kartik hasn’t done that yet, so correct me if i am wrong but aren’t they still technically married? 

I think so..and his marriage to vedika can’t be valid as he did not obtain a divorce first,.Even if he can get his marriage to naira dissolved on grounds of desertion...he still has to do it first before marrying someone else. These makers have to show us that this marriage to vedika is invalid..they really can’t mAke us accept this marriage..yes Bollywood movies throughout the 70s 80s and 90s did this nonsense...but it’s 2019 now and we are not going to accept this bigamy..

Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I don't know about law but what if one partner pretends to be dead and during such period the other partner gets married, will the marriage be legal then?  Kartik got married while Naira was assumed dead , had he married for revenge knowing Naira is alive that would have been a different case and definitely his marriage would be deemed illegal.

Anyway I don't think the show will touch this aspect, I wrote this before too that Kartik's dialogues to Naira that since they haven't met for 5 years hence their marriage is annulled was an answer to viewers thinking about Naira and Kartik not being divorced, we shouldn't expect much rationale from these daily soaps🤔

WinterPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fari_15

Definitely they are still married...and he needs to file for divorce first. So if he files, he may get it for sure on this ground. But then his family is least concerned about the legalities about this...and considers vedika as the legal wife already..thats wierd.

tikit thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Well maybe that's because they resent Naira no and are reacting hostilely too. But as Suvarna said just not reacting will not be solution to anything. Kartik definitely introduced Naira as his ex wife to Naira but that doesn't mean he considers Naira as his ex wife. 

Its just that he needs time to adjust to situation. Once Kairav has really recovered will his real reactions come.

And about Goenkas the less said the better

CaptiveFreedom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blackwater

I don't know about law but what if one partner pretends to be dead and during such period the other partner gets married, will the marriage be legal then?  Kartik got married while Naira was assumed dead , had he married for revenge knowing Naira is alive that would have been a different case and definitely his marriage would be deemed illegal.

Anyway I don't think the show will touch this aspect, I wrote this before too that Kartik's dialogues to Naira that since they haven't met for 5 years hence their marriage is annulled was an answer to viewers thinking about Naira and Kartik not being divorced, we shouldn't expect much rationale from these daily soaps🤔

@bold here time period plays its part when we consider legal aspect...also dead body of woman who wsa considered dead was not found....her family mourned over her death without even finding her dead body (that's what they showed previously....the original scenario that was changed afterwards)....second marriage will be legal only if the person who pretended to be dead returned after 7 years...or in case of desertion partner filed for divorce and than got remarried...here in this case neither Naira returned after 7 years...nor Kartik filed for divorce or requested for annulment of previous marriage...before remarriage...so even if Naira faked death against law...her marriage with Kartik is valid...unless she pretended to be dead for 7 years...or Kartik filed for divorce after 5 years of her returning back and than got remarried to Vedika...

Edited by CaptiveFreedom - 4 years ago
arshi8927 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think CVs r thinking that majority of the audience would not even know about this law of seven years. 

And I also feel at the time of custody if the lawyer does not mention this fact about Naira is still the legal wife and the marriage with Vedika is illegal. Then we can only say they really think we are fools. 

As someone said not even Ekta showed such bigamy, in her serial it was always 7 years separation.