Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BARBlE thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: J2lover

Oh yes! His eyes speaks volume you see! Basant keeps this perfect balance between being divine and being a teenager!❤️

Lately, i even loved that scene, where he comes to radha's house to expose kanha!😆

And they end up, doing their usual nautanki!😆  'kurukshetra' se 'resham' waala scene, am talking about!🤣 

It was a delight to tables turning in favour of ballu for once 😆he rightly got upper hand and as janu said two pages back, he also quickly bailed kanha out of it as soon as his purpose was served ❤️ this generosity and caring attitude is what makes him stand apart 😎

That scene was genuinely good 😆

Kurukshetra bohot dur hai, wahan se silk k samples leke aaya tha 😲 chhora toh bahut hi mehnati lagta hai 😎😉😳

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BARBlE

It was a delight to tables turning in favour of ballu for once 😆he rightly got upper hand and as janu said two pages back, he also quickly bailed kanha out of it as soon as his purpose was served ❤️ this generosity and caring attitude is what makes him stand apart 😎

Kurukshetra bohot dur hai, wahan se silk k samples leke aaya tha 😲 chhora toh bahut hi mehnati lagta hai 😎😉😳

I know right! You know, this is the balram i wanted to see! Who has a mind of his own, who gives back to kanha whenever required! Who doesn't keep on asking krishna, after every 2 secs. what to do next!

I wish they would keep him always this, strong and level headed, but sadly, it was just an episodic thing!

Also, is this KURUKSHETRA the mahabhaarata waala KURUKSHETRA?🤓

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BARBlE

I know right! You know, this is the balram i wanted to see! Who has a mind of his own, who gives back to kanha whenever required! Who doesn't keep on asking krishna, after every 2 secs. what to do next!

I wish they would keep him always this, strong and level headed, but sadly, it was just an episodic thing!

Also, is this KURUKSHETRA the mahabhaarata waala KURUKSHETRA?smiley23

Hi Tusu and Sukhi!

Sukhi - yes, Kurukshetra is the Mahabharat war place.

I also really enjoyed Balram's "silk from Kurukshetra" part, and it was great seeing him getting Krishna into a sticky situation for once! smiley37 Kurukshetra, of all the places he could choose to say he got the silk from! smiley37 The mention of Kurukshetra just made me laugh, purely because of the Mahabharat war reference!

Tusu - Balram definitely is a hard worker, but he is also much smarter ⭐️ than you're potentially giving him credit for! 🤣 Are you joking or do you really think that he would have actually GONE all the way to Kurukshetra to get some silk just so that he could get Krishna/Govind into trouble with Vrishbhan etc when he didn't need to go there? (Genuine question)

Seeing as they didn't show any of this in the show, what any of us thinks about it is all hypothetical anyway; and therein lies the beauty of the situation: we can imagine whatever we want to about it! ⭐️

I like to think it's more likely that Balram actually found some of Krishna's silk stash in their room at home and then somehow figured out that Krishna was actually in disguise at Vrishbhan's house. Or he figured out about Krishna's disguise and whereabouts first somehow, and then picked up some silk from somewhere nearby (maybe he found out where Krishna had actually got is stash from). I don't think Balram actually would have done all the way to Kurukshetra when it was not necessary for him to do so.

No matter where he actually got the silk from, I think Balram told Vrishbhan etc that he got the silk from Kurukshetra precisely because the place is far away enough that no one out of Vrishbhan, Kirtida, Ayan, etc would be able to verify or disprove whether he actually got the silk from Kurukshetra or not, or if Govind actually owned a big silk shop there or not. So a very clever move by Balram! 👏⭐️  And of course, the RK writers love to drop references to the Mahabharat war in any way possible!

I like to think that once he had some peace and quiet from being by himself for a little while without Krishna around to bother him, instead of actually unnecessarily going to Kurukshetra, Balram hatched up his very clever plan to get Krishna in trouble and then used the extra time he had from not actually having to go to Kurukshetra (or to do anything weird for Krishna!) to do something nice like have a good nap! (At least, that is what I would have done if I was in his situation!) smiley36

PS. I'm also sick of all the flip-floping that the RK writers love to do with their good characters, especially Balram. That and all the continued illogical crappola! I wish they would stop it, but unfortunately this is unlikely to happen any time soon!

PPS. Vasundhara Kaul is working in "Ram Siya Ke Luv Kush", so I guess Rohini won't be back for a while longer. Unfortunate, but at least we won't have to sit through any more scenes of Rohini hitting Balram!

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

So it turns out that last Friday's episode (13 September 2019, episode 539) of "Vighnaharta Ganesh" was Basant's last episode playing Kartikeya, and the new actor playing the role, Pratham Kkunwar, had his first (brief) appearance in today's episode (540, Monday 16 September).

I've seen Pratham in some other mytho shows and he was pretty good, so I think he'll be fine as Kartikeya once he is settled into the character and we actually see more of him in the show. But it will take a bit of time to get used to Basant not playing the role anymore. 😔 I'm glad that he had a great run with Kartikeya over the past two years. 😊

The VG ensemble cast has had several replacements over the duration of the show but all of the actors have been good in their roles, so I think they have done a pretty good re-casting job for Kartikeya, which I imagine would have been difficult, following on from the perfect original choice of Basant. And it must be difficult for actors to have to enter a show as a replacement - especially for a beloved, long-standing character/actor like Kartikeya/Basant - rather than in a brand new role of their own, so I wish Pratham well. 

I wish Basant had stayed with VG, but it is his choice to leave VG and stay with RK, so I respect that. ⭐️ I only wish that Balram would be treated more respectfully in the show and be given more substantial things to actually do, especially now that Basant will be available more for RK than he was when he was was also required to film for VG. Whether this actually happens or not is another story. At least Basant can have a bit more rest now that he won't need to do double-shifts and travel back and forth from Umbergaon so much.

And finally the entertainment news (or IF, at least) got wind of Basant leaving "Vighnaharta Ganesh" and published an article about it, which I have included below.

The strangest sentence in the article (in my opinion) is "The reason behind the sudden change is still unknown." I say that this is strange because they have included a photo of Basant dressed as Balram, but haven't even mentioned that he is currently working in RK.  So really, this strange sentence makes the article writer look silly/lazy because they haven't found out/mentioned that Basant was working in VG and RK simultaneously in two different states over the past year. And the strange sentence makes it sound like something sinister was going on in the lead-up to the replacement, when that is not the case. The reason for the change of actor playing Kartikeya in VG is simply that doing both shows simultaneously was becoming difficult for Basant, and so he chose not to renew his VG contract when it expired recently. Simple, perfectly reasonable, nothing sinister, and not "still unknown". If I had written this article then I would have at least mentioned that Basant is working in RK, and I would have left out the strange sentence even if I didn't write anything about the reason for the change in VG actor. Just my two cents - as you can probably tell, I prefer it when people report things properly and include all the relevant information!

Pratham Kkunwar Replaces Basant Bhatt in Sony TV’s Vighnaharta Ganesh

Siya Ke Ram fame Pratham Kkunwar will soon be seen playing Lord Kartikey in Sony TV’s Vighnaharta Ganesh...

September 16, 2019 4:59 PM

https://indiaforums.com/article/pratham-kkunwar-replaces-basant-bhatt-in-sony-tvs-vighnaharta-ganesh_154786

Actor Pratham Kkunwar who essayed the role of Shatrughan in Star Plus’ Siya Ke Ram is all set to enter another mythological drama. Yes, you read it right! The actor will soon step into the shoes of actor Basant Bhatt to portray Lord Kartikey in Sony TV’s Vighnaharta Ganesh. The reason behind the sudden change is still unknown.

Produced by Contiloe Pictures, Vighnaharta Ganesh stars Nishkarsh Dixit, Malkhan Singh and Akanksha Puri in lead roles. The show narrates the story of Lord Ganesha’s different incarnations, the Dasa Mahavidyas, the Navadurgas, and the 19 incarnations of Lord Shiva.

Pratham also took to his social media to share the news. “Hey, friends please watch me in “Vighnaharta Shree Ganesh” on Sony Tv from Today onwards where I’m playing one of the central character “Kartikeya”(son of lord shiv and Mata Parvati) every Monday to Friday at 7:30 pm. Need your love n wishes. Thank you,” he wrote on Instagram.

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago
BARBlE thumbnail

Also, is this KURUKSHETRA the mahabhaarata waala KURUKSHETRA?🤓

yes it is the same kurukshetra, though arti has come up with an interesting theory 😆

@bold - so true 👍🏼 lets hope we get to see smart ballu, a man of his own more frequently 

BARBlE thumbnail

Originally posted by: A-A-S

Hi Tusu and Sukhi!

Sukhi - yes, Kurukshetra is the Mahabharat war place.

I also really enjoyed Balram's "silk from Kurukshetra" part, and it was great seeing him getting Krishna into a sticky situation for once! smiley37 Kurukshetra, of all the places he could choose to say he got the silk from! smiley37 The mention of Kurukshetra just made me laugh, purely because of the Mahabharat war reference!

Tusu - Balram definitely is a hard worker, but he is also much smarter ⭐️ than you're potentially giving him credit for! 🤣 Are you joking or do you really think that he would have actually GONE all the way to Kurukshetra to get some silk just so that he could get Krishna/Govind into trouble with Vrishbhan etc when he didn't need to go there? (Genuine question)

Seeing as they didn't show any of this in the show, what any of us thinks about it is all hypothetical anyway; and therein lies the beauty of the situation: we can imagine whatever we want to about it! ⭐️

I like to think it's more likely that Balram actually found some of Krishna's silk stash in their room at home and then somehow figured out that Krishna was actually in disguise at Vrishbhan's house. Or he figured out about Krishna's disguise and whereabouts first somehow, and then picked up some silk from somewhere nearby (maybe he found out where Krishna had actually got is stash from). I don't think Balram actually would have done all the way to Kurukshetra when it was not necessary for him to do so.

No matter where he actually got the silk from, I think Balram told Vrishbhan etc that he got the silk from Kurukshetra precisely because the place is far away enough that no one out of Vrishbhan, Kirtida, Ayan, etc would be able to verify or disprove whether he actually got the silk from Kurukshetra or not, or if Govind actually owned a big silk shop there or not. So a very clever move by Balram! 👏⭐️  And of course, the RK writers love to drop references to the Mahabharat war in any way possible!

I like to think that once he had some peace and quiet from being by himself for a little while without Krishna around to bother him, instead of actually unnecessarily going to Kurukshetra, Balram hatched up his very clever plan to get Krishna in trouble and then used the extra time he had from not actually having to go to Kurukshetra (or to do anything weird for Krishna!) to do something nice like have a good nap! (At least, that is what I would have done if I was in his situation!) smiley36

PS. I'm also sick of all the flip-floping that the RK writers love to do with their good characters, especially Balram. That and all the continued illogical crappola! I wish they would stop it, but unfortunately this is unlikely to happen any time soon!

PPS. Vasundhara Kaul is working in "Ram Siya Ke Luv Kush", so I guess Rohini won't be back for a while longer. Unfortunate, but at least we won't have to sit through any more scenes of Rohini hitting Balram!

i liked this theory 😆 it is plausible for sure. but he must have taken sufficient time to arrive there for them to believe he actually went there 😆

and he actually brought good amount of silk to radha's house... 😆its obvious they collected their stocks from the same place imo .

what role is vasundhara playing in luvkush 

BARBlE thumbnail

Originally posted by: A-A-S

So it turns out that last Friday's episode (13 September 2019, episode 539) of "Vighnaharta Ganesh" was Basant's last episode playing Kartikeya, and the new actor playing the role, Pratham Kkunwar, had his first (brief) appearance in today's episode (540, Monday 16 September).

I've seen Pratham in some other mytho shows and he was pretty good, so I think he'll be fine as Kartikeya once he is settled into the character and we actually see more of him in the show. But it will take a bit of time to get used to Basant not playing the role anymore. 😔 I'm glad that he had a great run with Kartikeya over the past two years. 😊

The VG ensemble cast has had several replacements over the duration of the show but all of the actors have been good in their roles, so I think they have done a pretty good re-casting job for Kartikeya, which I imagine would have been difficult, following on from the perfect original choice of Basant. And it must be difficult for actors to have to enter a show as a replacement - especially for a beloved, long-standing character/actor like Kartikeya/Basant - rather than in a brand new role of their own, so I wish Pratham well. 

I wish Basant had stayed with VG, but it is his choice to leave VG and stay with RK, so I respect that. ⭐️ I only wish that Balram would be treated more respectfully in the show and be given more substantial things to actually do, especially now that Basant will be available more for RK than he was when he was was also required to film for VG. Whether this actually happens or not is another story. At least Basant can have a bit more rest now that he won't need to do double-shifts and travel back and forth from Umbergaon so much.

And finally the entertainment news (or IF, at least) got wind of Basant leaving "Vighnaharta Ganesh" and published an article about it, which I have included below.

The strangest sentence in the article (in my opinion) is "The reason behind the sudden change is still unknown." I say that this is strange because they have included a photo of Basant dressed as Balram, but haven't even mentioned that he is currently working in RK.  So really, this strange sentence makes the article writer look silly/lazy because they haven't found out/mentioned that Basant was working in VG and RK simultaneously in two different states over the past year. And the strange sentence makes it sound like something sinister was going on in the lead-up to the replacement, when that is not the case. The reason for the change of actor playing Kartikeya in VG is simply that doing both shows simultaneously was becoming difficult for Basant, and so he chose not to renew his VG contract when it expired recently. Simple, perfectly reasonable, nothing sinister, and not "still unknown". If I had written this article then I would have at least mentioned that Basant is working in RK, and I would have left out the strange sentence even if I didn't write anything about the reason for the change in VG actor. Just my two cents - as you can probably tell, I prefer it when people report things properly and include all the relevant information!

Pratham Kkunwar Replaces Basant Bhatt in Sony TV’s Vighnaharta Ganesh

Siya Ke Ram fame Pratham Kkunwar will soon be seen playing Lord Kartikey in Sony TV’s Vighnaharta Ganesh...

September 16, 2019 4:59 PM

https://indiaforums.com/article/pratham-kkunwar-replaces-basant-bhatt-in-sony-tvs-vighnaharta-ganesh_154786

Actor Pratham Kkunwar who essayed the role of Shatrughan in Star Plus’ Siya Ke Ram is all set to enter another mythological drama. Yes, you read it right! The actor will soon step into the shoes of actor Basant Bhatt to portray Lord Kartikey in Sony TV’s Vighnaharta Ganesh. The reason behind the sudden change is still unknown.

Produced by Contiloe Pictures, Vighnaharta Ganesh stars Nishkarsh Dixit, Malkhan Singh and Akanksha Puri in lead roles. The show narrates the story of Lord Ganesha’s different incarnations, the Dasa Mahavidyas, the Navadurgas, and the 19 incarnations of Lord Shiva.

Pratham also took to his social media to share the news. “Hey, friends please watch me in “Vighnaharta Shree Ganesh” on Sony Tv from Today onwards where I’m playing one of the central character “Kartikeya”(son of lord shiv and Mata Parvati) every Monday to Friday at 7:30 pm. Need your love n wishes. Thank you,” he wrote on Instagram.

must be some lazy journo who wrote this article just for the sake of it. 

i hope basant remains in good book of contiloe pictures, they treat their shows considerably well, would love to see basant in other future contiloe projects 😊

bb didn't make any farewell post for kartikeya, that's alright . hope his overall journey as kartikeya was very pleasant 😊 his kartikeya avatar will be missed by us ❤️

Mahi-Ve-108 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think I will now only be depending on instagram and any updates here for what’s happening on RadhaKrishn. I am over the show. The amazing actors can’t even hold me back anymore. I am busy with school and that stress is already enough I don’t want to be annoyed by the inaccuracies by the show’s makers.

I will be coming here when I can. This is the one spot for some great conversations and information 🤗so thanks for that. Or else I would have just cut off all ties from this show. But y’all are great people to chat (and rant😆) with.

anyway it’s kind of sad to hear Basant is leaving VG. Even if I didn’t watch it I heard great things. I heard in another article it was sudden on the production house’s part. I dunno...

I want to believe that Balram will be used more now that Basant has more time but I don’t see that happening. 

Kind of disappointed that Balram has to ask Krishn for attention. I don’t think CVs did research on why Sheshnaag wanted to be an older brother in this avatar. I would love to see him play a more authoritative big brother that Krishn listens to. Krishn barely listens to him.

For once in a show the supporting actor gets so much love but makers do not know how to use them. Usually I only see hate for supporting actors since they take up the time of the leads. But I think this would be the first show where people would love for Balram to have a track and not mind him taking up screen time.

Whenever they get to the Ram Sita track of the seven avatars I wonder if they would bring in a new actor for Lakshman or will Basant play him or will Lakshman not exist. What do you guys think? 

RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Most probably I think BB will play Lakshman 😛and I have been dreaming to see him in that precious role ❤️. Even I have a bet on this point with Tusu 🤣. Wish me luck, guys 🤣😉!

Mahi-Ve-108 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RadhaKrishna_19

Most probably I think BB will play Lakshman 😛and I have been dreaming to see him in that precious role ❤️. Even I have a bet on this point with Tusu 🤣. Wish me luck, guys 🤣😉!

I would love to see him do the role as well but not sure what will happen 

Good luck on your bet😆