BALRAM / Basant Bhatt Appreciation Thread #4 - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

How nice was it to see Ayan genuinely smiling in yesterday's episode after he saw Shri Ganesh! πŸ‘πŸΌ So much better than his generally irritating sullen expression!

And Rushiraj is keeping me in the publicity business, because he has posted a very nice photo on Instagram of himself with Mallika and Basant, i.e. Ayan with Radha and Balradha. ⭐️

His caption for the photo is so clever and absolutely hilarious! 🀣 Much appreciation to Rushiraj for this! β­οΈ To borrow the words of Balram, Rushiraj/Ayaneshwar Maharaj ki jai ho!!! 🀣 (Also, in own my words: Basanti/Balradha ki jai ho! 😊)

I'm copy-pasting the caption here so you can still read it, just in case IF's Instagram linking thing doesn't work for any reason. You can see Rushiraj's actual Instagram post below.

Rushiraj's photo caption: Ladies & Gentleman...I Present You On Your Left Heavyweight Championship With 150 pounds Bubbly BalluπŸ’ͺπŸ‘§ !!!!! & On Your Right Lightweight Champion With 70 Pounds Marvelous Malika πŸ’!!!!!.... Let The Match Begin....Ting ! Ting ! What Do You Think Ppl Who'll Win The Beauty Match?

My reaction to this: 🀣🀣🀣

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19YGxjndmw/

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago

Originally posted by A-A-S

How nice was it to see Ayan genuinely smiling in yesterday's episode after he saw Shri Ganesh! πŸ‘πŸΌ So much better than his generally irritating sullen expression!

And Rushiraj is keeping me in the publicity business, because he has posted a very nice photo on Instagram of himself with Mallika and Basant, i.e. Ayan with Radha and Balradha. ⭐️

His caption for the photo is so clever and absolutely hilarious! 🀣 Much appreciation to Rushiraj for this! β­οΈ To borrow the words of Balram, Rushiraj/Ayaneshwar Maharaj ki jai ho!!! 🀣 (Also, in own my words: Basanti/Balradha ki jai ho! 😊)

I'm copy-pasting the caption here so you can still read it, just in case IF's Instagram linking thing doesn't work for any reason. You can see Rushiraj's actual Instagram post below.

Rushiraj's photo caption: Ladies & Gentleman...I Present You On Your Left Heavyweight Championship With 150 pounds Bubbly BalluπŸ’ͺπŸ‘§ !!!!! & On Your Right Lightweight Champion With 70 Pounds Marvelous Malika πŸ’!!!!!.... Let The Match Begin....Ting ! Ting ! What Do You Think Ppl Who'll Win The Beauty Match?

My reaction to this: 🀣🀣🀣

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19YGxjndmw/

Rushi has done good job of supplying pics this time πŸ‘πŸ‘ all of them were very beautiful and yes i loved his caption too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

I commented on this post saying if its beauty match then kanha's dau is winning it hands down πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ 

Just look at him here, how gracefully she is sitting πŸ’― truly unbelievable. Basant gets full marks for getting the body language perfect πŸ’― 

A little late, but happy Radha Ashtami to everyone! smiley1

It was funny to see Balram get Krishna into a sticky situation for once, with his silk "from Kurukshetra"! πŸ€£ Kurukshetra, of all the places he could choose to say he got the silk from! πŸ€£ Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but the mention of Kurukshetra just made me laugh! πŸ€£

And I have found two more behind-the-scenes photos of Balradha, shared by the account @mytho_show_updates_ on Instagram. I'm not sure if the other person in the photos with Basant is a crew member or a fan/visitor.

Please swipe through to see the second photo in the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2GHC1kHME7/

Originally posted by A-A-S

A little late, but happy Radha Ashtami to everyone! smiley1

It was funny to see Balram get Krishna into a sticky situation for once, with his silk "from Kurukshetra"! πŸ€£ Kurukshetra, of all the places he could choose to say he got the silk from! πŸ€£ Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but the mention of Kurukshetra just made me laugh! πŸ€£

And I have found two more behind-the-scenes photos of Balradha, shared by the account @mytho_show_updates_ on Instagram. I'm not sure if the other person in the photos with Basant is a crew member or a fan/visitor.

Please swipe through to see the second photo in the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2GHC1kHME7/

Looks like the person in pic with basant is crew member, anyways i didn't see these before, do i m watching them here first, thanks to u aarti πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Me too loved ballu putting kanha in really tricky situation for once πŸ˜‚ kanha got paranoid for real, both of them gave brilliant expressions and the nayan matakka that followed after was truly epic πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Having said that, i didn't like next day's so called funny scene at all. Issbaar toh hadd hi ho gayi, kanha actually imposed that woman on him πŸ˜‘how is it funny 

And that woman was so chipku πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ shameless lady

Radha also appeared as hypocrite to me in this regard. She will never stop being annoying it seems πŸ€” her husband actually gifted that woman stuff, then she was cool... And here as soon as the woman falsely started claiming about 'gift' from ballu, she got worked up and started teasing him 

Seriously i m upset on charam with kanha for this low level mazak. 

Edited by BARBlE - 4 years ago

To all the events I missed...A happy belated one (Ganesh Chaturthi and Radha Ashtami) 

Thanks you for sharing all the lovely pics of BalRadhaπŸ˜† definitely enjoyed that bit.

I loved Balram getting back at Kanha it was nice but he also helped him out of it. Balram is so caring when it comes to that. A quality I enjoyπŸ˜ƒ 

But as Tusu said I don’t like the new girl too much either. When Krishn pranks Balram he truly is screwed by it either a beating (which we no longer get THANK GODπŸ₯³) or he is yelled at or he is trapped in impossible situations (like the current oneπŸ€”) 

I get why Balram is stuck with her just to keep Ayan away from RadhaKrishn . But like this girl is not even doing what she said. She said she would never show her face until her whatever promise was done. If that was the case and she did have that promise I would get Krishn to have Balram around her to protect her from Ayan trying to take off her covering. 

But that’s not the case she took it off to talk to Radha. So she doesn’t have any promise. Krishn just put Balram with her to keep Ayan away from him. 

It would be nice to see Balram get into a fight with Ayan when he tries to take off her dupatta off but that won’t happen EVER. I wouldn’t care if Radha and Krishn tease Balram afterward for saving her. I will be happy with an Ayan vs Balram fight moment. (Again me building hopes) 

Come on CVs we haven’t seen the Bal of BALram in a while.

Also why so much dragging for the 7 roops geez like Matya and Kurma could have been wrapped up in max 3 episodes but nope. The other roops have a longer story so it will be dragged longer. Dragging so much dragging πŸ₯± In all shows not just this one.

@Tusu and Janu: You're welcome for your thanks for the pictures! 😊

I also thought the part with Balram and Chitra was very forced and unfunny! And this is coming from someone who laughs at a lot of things that others don't! This part didn't get even a teeny-weeny giggle out of me, and I think that says a lot about how stupid and absolutely unfunny it was! 

I know that expecting logic from Swastik Productions/RK writers is essentially like expecting to obtain blood from a stone, but I still prefer my humour infused with logic, thank you very much! And logic is what would actually have made such a situation absolutely hilarious and helpful in the story, whereas what they actually showed wasn't really helpful either.

Surprisingly, it is actually clever of the writers to have had Krishna send Chitra with a pretend story about not showing her face to anyone, so that no one at Radha's home (apart from Radha) would know what she actually looked like and thus Ayan would think Chitra was actually Krishna in disguise and not suspect Govind. For this, writers, you can have a small clap. πŸ‘

And then the bit with Balram getting Krishna/Govind in trouble with the silk "from Kurukshetra" but then sorting it all out was hilarious πŸ€£ and did actually serve in moving the story forward, because the brothers managed to make out that Govind was a big famous businessman and thus make Vrishbhan and Kirtida trust him more. So far, so good. πŸ‘πŸΌ

But then after that is when it all started going downhill, yet again!

In the forest when Balram asked Krishna what he had learnt from his "silk from Kurukshetra" prank, Krishna said that he had learnt that he should tell Balram things rather than hiding them from him, otherwise Balram will go mad and spoil his plans. And Balram agreed to this. Cool - too bad Krishna didn't actually take his own advice!

Instead of just asking Balram to hang out with Chitra and freaking him out (for supposed comic effect!), Krishna should have actually explained to Balram why it was important that he (Balram) go to speak with Chitra. I think this part would have much better and funnier if after Balram's initial freak-out, Krishna had actually explained to Balram that he (Krishna) needed Balram to hang out with Chitra so that Ayan would see them and think that Chitra was Krishna, thus leaving Krishna free to get on with making Radha's birthday gift without any possible interference from Ayan. This way, Krishna would be doing what he just said he should actually do (i.e. tell Balram things)! And after knowing why it was important that he interact with Chitra, Balram could have hesitatingly agreed to do it even though he was still uncomfortable; but this could potentially be much funnier than what they actually showed because he could be shown to be fully trying to psych himself up for his very important Ayan-distracting job despite his discomfort. πŸ˜†

Then when he went to talk with Chitra, it would have been so much better if she was in on this plan properly and actually spoke to Balram normally (unlike the stupid, unfunny teasing that they showed!) and was trying to put him at ease, so that it would look to anyone watching (Ayan etc) as if Balram was interacting very comfortably with Chitra/"fake Krishna in disguise". I don't know if Ayan and others know that Balram is uncomfortable interacting with girls by himself like that, but regardless of whether they know or not, surely it would make much more sense for anyone watching to see Balram interacting with Chitra as comfortably as possible, in order for them to potentially believe that he was actually talking with his brother in the guise of a girl rather than an actual girl that he doesn't know. I guess the actual point of Radha being there was to make it look to Ayan like Balram, Chitra, and Radha were all talking/planning together (which is what Ayan said), but her teasing Balram repeatedly like that was just plain irritating and unfunny! πŸ˜‘ I also get the point of the whole "Balram gave Chitra a gift" thing being simply to serve as a way for getting Ayan to tell Radha that he was going to give her a big gift, but again, I think it could have been done much better!

I think it would have been funnier and have served the story/purpose of this Balram-Chitra meeting if they had had Balram come in to the garden area trying to pysch himself up for his important Ayan-distracting job (possible funniness) but then see Chitra and freak out a little. Then Chitra could have tried to calm him down nicely and reassure him that everything will be ok (more possible actual funniness) before Ayan and Radha turned up. Then Balram and Chitra could have seen Ayan there and purposefully started their gift nautanki, or even just continued speaking normally about anything (like Chitra still trying to make Balram comfortable), and thus Ayan would have seen them interacting relatively normally and further assumed that Chitra is Krishna in disguise (like he did in the show, but without Radha's silly teasing being involved). Then when Ayan came to ask what was going on, Chitra's fictitious "Balram ji gave me a gift and you haven't even gotten your wife anything for her birthday" could have come out as a way to get Ayan to reveal that he did in fact have a big surprise for Radha's birthday. And if they did have Radha tease Balram once after all that then it actually would have been bearable and ok.

So I think they could have used elements of what they actually had in the show, but in a much better, more logical, more respectful, more helpful, less irritating, and much more funny way! β­οΈ And it actually wouldn't have taken much more time than what the actual sequence took - in fact, I think this would have been a more efficient use of the time.

If I can think of things like this, why can't the writers? This is supposed to be what they do day in, day out for a living! But instead they insist on being as silly as possible, and rely on making fun of Balram for laughs, which is actually incredibly unfunny and insulting (to everyone - Balram the character, Basant as the actor, Shri Balram as the divine being the character is based on, the other involved characters and any divine/revered beings they are based on, and the audience)! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Basant is so good at comedy - why don't they have more of Balram actually being funny himself rather than being made fun of? Or he could give back some of the teasing a bit more, like he did with Krishna when Ugrapad was crushing on Achyuta. I think he could very well tease Radha back, because he is a brother figure to her. That could actually be funny - Balram teasing Radha about Krishna a little bit (not to the point of overuse, though!). πŸ˜†

And speaking of overuse: Vasundhara Kaul (Rohini) is now working in "Ram Siya Ke Luv Kush", so we are probably not going to see her back in RK for a bit. I don't like that Rohini is missing because it would be really nice to see some nice mum-son scenes with her and Balram, but at the same time I am glad that at least we won't have any more scenes of Rohini beating up Balram (hence the overuse reference)!

And in other sad news from Monday 9 September 2019, Basant will no longer be playing Kartikeya in "Vighnaharta Ganesh". 😭

Kartikeya is my favourite character of Basant's (he is very well written and respected/treated by the show writers/makers), so it will be sad to see Basant go. πŸ˜”

I guess the many double-shifts and constantly travelling back and forth between the RK filming location in Umbergaon (Gujarat) and the VG studios (Naigaon and some other places in Maharashtra) and was getting too difficult for Basant, so it is understandable that he had to pick one show to continue with and one to leave. Kudos to him for concurrently working in two different states like this for the majority of the past year! πŸ‘ I wish he was continuing with VG, but it is his choice and I respect that. ⭐️

VG filming is generally about three weeks ahead of broadcast, and the new Kartikeya actor has started filming this week. It looks like Basant may have finished filming for VG sometime last week, so he will probably still be in a few of the upcoming episodes.

I'm going to miss Basant in VG, and I wish him all the best for his continued work in RK and hope that he is able to get some much needed rest. πŸ€—

Now that Basant won't be shuttling between RK and VG filming, I can only hope that Swastik Productions might possibly give Balram more substantial things to actually do in RK, rather than continuing their silly, unfunny comedy attempts at Balram's expense. I know expecting logic from Swastik Productions is quite futile, but I can still hope a little bit!

Hello everyone. πŸ˜³ 

I did't find "imposing Chitra on Dau" funny too. πŸ€” How many times they will make him just comic character. πŸ˜” All thanks to them,  Balram has been nominated for comic role in gold awards,  rather than supporting role. πŸ€”

Loved his BalRadha look. He looked so cute.  And the way he said, " Itni bhi sundar nahi hu me"πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ That was so cute. How can these boys look more beautiful than girls, in their female look?  Bada anyaay he kanyaao ke sath.πŸ˜†

Yesterday's episode was totally boring. That kaal chakra thing is weird.πŸ˜• and Kans is more obsessed with Radha than Krishna. πŸ€£ Has he forgotten his main aim?πŸ˜† 

Edited by Aarti_ - 4 years ago

RK's production manager, Kumar Chandan Singh, has posted a photo of himself with Balradha/Basant(i) today on Instagram.

I wonder how many more Balradha photos there are still to come! smiley10

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2OcLQCpCag/