Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Now there has been a mini-flood of articles about Basant leaving 'Vighnaharta Ganesh', including an actual interview with him. The Bombay Times and Times of India put out an article (see this below), and IF also put out almost the same article with minor differences (link below).

Contiloe Pictures treat their shows reasonably well, but VG does have a serious problem with frequently dragging out their storylines; there have also been several unexpected/sudden replacements over the past two years, with Basant being the latest one.

I knew that Basant and co-actors and technicians had to do several night shifts for VG at times when Kartikeya was required more in the story over the past year, while Basant has been simultaneously working in RK. What I didn't realise until I read these articles is that Basant is actually contracted to work 25 days per month for RK!!! Wow, 25 days a month! No wonder there was no way he could give more time to VG now and so ended up leaving the show. And prolonged day and night shifts plus constantly travelling back and forth between Mumbai and Umbergaon is definitely not sustainable or healthy! I definitely miss Basant in VG now, but continuing with only one show is the only practical possibility, and definitely the right choice for his health and well-being.

So, yes - 25 days per month for RK! Even though we knew that Basant is in Umbergaon most of the time, you wouldn't necessarily think that he is actually working for almost the whole month for RK based on Balram's screen-time and how they usually utilise his character! And because he is actually working for so many days for RK already, his leaving VG doesn't really mean that he has more time for RK (you would want at least a few days off each month so that you can rest and relax); however, I do hope he has more time to rest properly now that he doesn't have to travel so much and do double-shifts. So, if it continues the way it has been so far then unfortunately it looks like we won't generally see much more of Balram or his character being utilised in a better way, unless this happens for some specific track, like previously with Baldevi - perhaps if they actually have Lakshman during the Ramayan storyline, and have him played by Basant.

Articles and links are below.

Basant Bhatt: The news of my replacement came as a shocker to me

Neha Maheshwri | TNN | Sep 17, 2019, 07.25 PM IST

Article source: Bombay Times (https://www.bombaytimes.com/tv/news/hindi/basant-bhatt-the-news-of-my-replacement-came-as-a-shocker-to-me/articleshow/71170830.cms)  and Times of India (https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/basant-bhatt-the-news-of-my-replacement-came-as-a-shocker-to-me/articleshow/71166814.cms)

Basant Bhatt and Pratham Kunwar

After playing Kartikeya in 'Vighnaharta Ganesha' ('VG') for two years since its inception, actor Basant Bhatt has been replaced by Pratham Kunwar. Basant says, "The makers of 'VG' had blocked around seven days a month of mine, which were reduced to two days in December. Since a major chunk of my dates wasn't being utilised, I took up 'RadhaKrishn' ('RK') -- he plays Balram in it -- and allotted 25 days to it. However, the makers of 'VG' realised that I was needed for more days around the time I got busy shooting for 'RK'. So, I would shoot for 'RK' in Umbergaon and travel for three hours to do night shifts for 'VG' at Naigaon. However, it became difficult for my co-actors and the unit to shoot at nights for me and I believe that they were quite upset about it. The production house, thus, told me about the replacement and it came as a shocker to me. They told me that the quality is getting hampered, as I wasn't able to give them more time because of which they had to use a body double for wide shots. Though I was aware, the news of replacement hurt me. They needed me to give them 10 days a month, which was practically not possible. I wish I could do the show till the end. I tried my best to make necessary adjustments, but it was too difficult to balance two shows at a time because of the travel time. Having said that, there is no bad blood between the production house and me, and I wish the new actor all the best."

Pratham, who has featured on shows like 'Siya Ke Ram' and 'Mahakaali – Anth Hi Aarambh Hai', says, "Kartikeya is a very important character in the show and I feel fortunate to have been offered the part. My family follows the show religiously. I watched a few episodes featuring the previous actor to understand the attitude and graph of the character. I think that he has done a great job and has established the character well. However, I would like to add my own nuances to it and do justice to it."

A very similar article with minor differences has also been posted on IF, with a different title and photos, at https://indiaforums.com/article/basant-bhatt-talks-about-his-shocking-replacement-in-vighnaharta-ganesha_154868?ri=3&rv=13095

Basant Bhatt Talks About His Shocking Replacement in 'Vighnaharta Ganesha'

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago
BARBlE thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janu808

I think I will now only be depending on instagram and any updates here for what’s happening on RadhaKrishn. I am over the show. The amazing actors can’t even hold me back anymore. I am busy with school and that stress is already enough I don’t want to be annoyed by the inaccuracies by the show’s makers.

I will be coming here when I can. This is the one spot for some great conversations and information 🤗so thanks for that. Or else I would have just cut off all ties from this show. But y’all are great people to chat (and rant😆) with.

anyway it’s kind of sad to hear Basant is leaving VG. Even if I didn’t watch it I heard great things. I heard in another article it was sudden on the production house’s part. I dunno...

I want to believe that Balram will be used more now that Basant has more time but I don’t see that happening. 

Kind of disappointed that Balram has to ask Krishn for attention. I don’t think CVs did research on why Sheshnaag wanted to be an older brother in this avatar. I would love to see him play a more authoritative big brother that Krishn listens to. Krishn barely listens to him.

For once in a show the supporting actor gets so much love but makers do not know how to use them. Usually I only see hate for supporting actors since they take up the time of the leads. But I think this would be the first show where people would love for Balram to have a track and not mind him taking up screen time.

Whenever they get to the Ram Sita track of the seven avatars I wonder if they would bring in a new actor for Lakshman or will Basant play him or will Lakshman not exist. What do you guys think? 

Hi janu, good to see you again 😘 

Stay with us, don't leave 🤗

Just few days ago we were talking about how it is easier to edit kartikeya pics 😂 guess i hv no luck in getting it easy 😛 sad to say goodbye to basant wala kartikeya 

I honestly don't think we will see Balram having more important role than now in rk. In fact if we remember, kanha actually used to give some importance to his existence in his life on and off but i dont see it now. He only uses him conveniently these days. 🤔

I see fans are expecting in all corners to see him as lakshman but i dont think lakshman will even feature in Ramayan track. The  trend and track record is making me think so. I see you are kinda leaning towards non existing lakshman too 😂 

So janu, its time to wish me luck in the bet with sumi 🤣

BARBlE thumbnail

Originally posted by: RadhaKrishna_19

Most probably I think BB will play Lakshman 😛and I have been dreaming to see him in that precious role ❤️. Even I have a bet on this point with Tusu 🤣. Wish me luck, guys 🤣😉!

😈

BARBlE thumbnail

Originally posted by: A-A-S

Now there has been a mini-flood of articles about Basant leaving 'Vighnaharta Ganesh', including an actual interview with him. The Bombay Times and Times of India put out an article (see this below), and IF also put out almost the same article with minor differences (link below).

Contiloe Pictures treat their shows reasonably well, but VG does have a serious problem with frequently dragging out their storylines; there have also been several unexpected/sudden replacements over the past two years, with Basant being the latest one.

I knew that Basant and co-actors and technicians had to do several night shifts for VG at times when Kartikeya was required more in the story over the past year, while Basant has been simultaneously working in RK. What I didn't realise until I read these articles is that Basant is actually contracted to work 25 days per month for RK!!! Wow, 25 days a month! No wonder there was no way he could give more time to VG now and so ended up leaving the show. And prolonged day and night shifts plus constantly travelling back and forth between Mumbai and Umbergaon is definitely not sustainable or healthy! I definitely miss Basant in VG now, but continuing with only one show is the only practical possibility, and definitely the right choice for his health and well-being.

So, yes - 25 days per month for RK! Even though we knew that Basant is in Umbergaon most of the time, you wouldn't necessarily think that he is actually working for almost the whole month for RK based on Balram's screen-time and how they usually utilise his character! And because he is actually working for so many days for RK already, his leaving VG doesn't really mean that he has more time for RK (you would want at least a few days off each month so that you can rest and relax); however, I do hope he has more time to rest properly now that he doesn't have to travel so much and do double-shifts. So, if it continues the way it has been so far then unfortunately it looks like we won't generally see much more of Balram or his character being utilised in a better way, unless this happens for some specific track, like previously with Baldevi - perhaps if they actually have Lakshman during the Ramayan storyline, and have him played by Basant.

Articles and links are below.

Basant Bhatt: The news of my replacement came as a shocker to me

Neha Maheshwri | TNN | Sep 17, 2019, 07.25 PM IST

Article source: Bombay Times (https://www.bombaytimes.com/tv/news/hindi/basant-bhatt-the-news-of-my-replacement-came-as-a-shocker-to-me/articleshow/71170830.cms)  and Times of India (https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/basant-bhatt-the-news-of-my-replacement-came-as-a-shocker-to-me/articleshow/71166814.cms)

After playing Kartikeya in 'Vighnaharta Ganesha' ('VG') for two years since its inception, actor Basant Bhatt has been replaced by Pratham Kunwar. Basant says, "The makers of 'VG' had blocked around seven days a month of mine, which were reduced to two days in December. Since a major chunk of my dates wasn't being utilised, I took up 'RadhaKrishn' ('RK') -- he plays Balram in it -- and allotted 25 days to it. However, the makers of 'VG' realised that I was needed for more days around the time I got busy shooting for 'RK'. So, I would shoot for 'RK' in Umbergaon and travel for three hours to do night shifts for 'VG' at Naigaon. However, it became difficult for my co-actors and the unit to shoot at nights for me and I believe that they were quite upset about it. The production house, thus, told me about the replacement and it came as a shocker to me. They told me that the quality is getting hampered, as I wasn't able to give them more time because of which they had to use a body double for wide shots. Though I was aware, the news of replacement hurt me. They needed me to give them 10 days a month, which was practically not possible. I wish I could do the show till the end. I tried my best to make necessary adjustments, but it was too difficult to balance two shows at a time because of the travel time. Having said that, there is no bad blood between the production house and me, and I wish the new actor all the best."

Pratham, who has featured on shows like 'Siya Ke Ram' and 'Mahakaali – Anth Hi Aarambh Hai', says, "Kartikeya is a very important character in the show and I feel fortunate to have been offered the part. My family follows the show religiously. I watched a few episodes featuring the previous actor to understand the attitude and graph of the character. I think that he has done a great job and has established the character well. However, I would like to add my own nuances to it and do justice to it."

A very similar article with minor differences has also been posted on IF, with a different title and photos, at https://indiaforums.com/article/basant-bhatt-talks-about-his-shocking-replacement-in-vighnaharta-ganesha_154868?ri=3&rv=13095

Basant Bhatt Talks About His Shocking Replacement in 'Vighnaharta Ganesha'

I think both parties here tried to adjust as much as they could. Also i thought it was pre decided that basant would do rk whenever the show starts shooting 🤔 but yes swastik having him booked for 25 days and not utilizing him properly for most of the times is kinda sad. 

Though i personally believe the statements could have been framed in a bit more diplomatic way. He sounds hurt because the adjustments didn't work out inspite of giving his best efforts. But i understand that a whole unit was also doing night shifts to match his timings. When i got to know last year about him doing both shows i honestly didn't expect it to continue for one full year. When kartikeya disappeared around February for four months, i thought that was it. But good to see both basant and contiloe were able to pull off till this time. 

Mahi-Ve-108 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BARBlE

Hi janu, good to see you again 😘 

Stay with us, don't leave 🤗

Just few days ago we were talking about how it is easier to edit kartikeya pics 😂 guess i hv no luck in getting it easy 😛 sad to say goodbye to basant wala kartikeya 

I honestly don't think we will see Balram having more important role than now in rk. In fact if we remember, kanha actually used to give some importance to his existence in his life on and off but i dont see it now. He only uses him conveniently these days. 🤔

I see fans are expecting in all corners to see him as lakshman but i dont think lakshman will even feature in Ramayan track. The  trend and track record is making me think so. I see you are kinda leaning towards non existing lakshman too 😂 

So janu, its time to wish me luck in the bet with sumi 🤣

I will be sticking around as much as I can 😆

@underline that’s what’s kind of tragic 😔

@blue no comment 😎 we shall wait and watch (well mostly you guys I ain’t watching the whole show anymore😆 thank god for insta saves so much time👍🏼 )

@bold I will wish u good luck too😆

I don’t wanna die in this cross fire🤣 somebody wish me good luck once again stuck between Sumi and Tusu (feels good but I don’t wanna die 🤣)

Edited by Janu808 - 4 years ago
Mahi-Ve-108 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: A-A-S

Thank You so much for sharing the articles sorry I shortened your post. 

I didn’t even realize that RK booked him for so long since there is not too much of him. But he really did work hard 👏. He moved back and forth so much to do both shows. Sad to hear he is not gonna be in VG anymore he really seemed to enjoy it.

I want CVs to use Balram better but at this point I don’t think it will happen. Asurs nowdays only care for Radha not even Krishn which I find very funny😆. Balram has not gotten the chance to really show his Bal too much in this show. Especially against asurs. 

Vyomasur (most recent as we can get) was a great sequence and that Pelwan Nritya happened ages ago between him and Ayanasur. We have gotten a few moments but again not the Shri Balram from the actual Krishna Leelas. Oh how we all dreamed to see just two asurs that Balram killed but nope.

BARBlE thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janu808

I will be sticking around as much as I can 😆

@underline that’s what’s kind of tragic 😔

@blue no comment 😎 we shall wait and watch (well mostly you guys I ain’t watching the whole show anymore😆 thank god for insta saves so much time👍🏼 )

@bold I will wish u good luck too😆

I don’t wanna die in this cross fire🤣 somebody wish me good luck once again stuck between Sumi and Tusu (feels good but I don’t wanna die 🤣)

No worries, we ain't killing you no matter what 😂😂 feel safe 😂 

I see you are already being diplomatic 😆 i suggest you openly come up with your prediction 😆

Arre ye sumi ne popat kar diya by revealing about this bet🤣pehle private me beizzati honi thi haarne pe, ab IF pe bhi honi hai 🤣 well i m talking about my own potential defeat 😝😝

RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BARBlE

No worries, we ain't killing you no matter what 😂😂 feel safe 😂 

I see you are already being diplomatic 😆 i suggest you openly come up with your prediction 😆

Arre ye sumi ne popat kar diya by revealing about this bet🤣pehle private me beizzati honi thi haarne pe, ab IF pe bhi honi hai 🤣 well i m talking about my own potential defeat 😝😝

Worry not, 50-50 hai, meri bhi bezatti ho sakti hai 😂😂😂😂😂😂   🤣🤣!

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Again, 'forced limelight' on radha, started!

I have started feeling, sumedh -basant wouldn't be even needed to shoot their, 'PAHAAD KE CONVERSATIONS'😆, every time, same hi toh dialogues rhete hai!😆

Wahi, puraana shoot, re-telecast krte rhenge!😆

PS: Anyone has any idea, why do even, go to that 'PAHAAD' to speak? KANS ka front view dikhta hai kya, waha se? 

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: J2lover

Again, 'forced limelight' on radha, started!

I have started feeling, sumedh -basant wouldn't be even needed to shoot their, 'PAHAAD KE CONVERSATIONS'😆, every time, same hi toh dialogues rhete hai!😆

Wahi, puraana shoot, re-telecast krte rhenge!😆

PS: Anyone has any idea, why do even, go to that 'PAHAAD' to speak? KANS ka front view dikhta hai kya, waha se? 

Hahahahahahahahahah good question!! Same old kathin pariksha athyant kathin blah blah