•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

i am attaching some pic of Neeru Bajwa. she is from Vancouver Canada. i was in two punjabi movies. one of the punjabi movie Dil apna Pujabi did very well for her.. as she was the main lead...

other things about Neeru

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 3:10am | IP Logged  

Arshveer

Neeru Bajwa

Neeru Bajwa to Arshveer -  A Journey from

Main Solah Baras Ki to Rising Shores

Arshveer as Neeru Bajwa made her debut as a Bollywood actress in Dev Anand's Main Solah Baras Ki produced in 1998.

Neeru got interested in Indian films by watching these at a very young age. She says, " I was literally bombarded with Hindi films because my parents were also at work and I was the eldest and they needed something to keep me entertained. So it was always Hindi songs. And then I just started doing stage shows – dancing, my passion"

Five years ago, she found out that Dev Anand was coming to Vancouver. She did a dance at his dinner party. After the dance, Dev Anand asked for her pictures. That is how she landed the second leading role as one of the two girls who want to become actresses and follow Dev Anand around.

Shot in London, Scotland, Mumbai and Leh (Ladakh), the movie was not a big hit. It opened in London, says Neeru, "which was a big drawback. I mean it was a bad film, but it didn't get any publicity in openings in Mumbai because he opened it in London. So all the attention was focussed in London rather than in Mumbai, where it should have been. So nothing really happened. Nobody even knew that this movie was released. The music was good, though. I went to London for the premiere and then to Paris and Scotland. It was released in India in a few theatres."

Neeru was one of the four young Indo-Canadians, in the Bollywood Bound, a documentary with the Canadian National Film Board, looking for fame … Indian style. Raised on a diet of Hindi movies, success in Indian cinema does not seem so far away to these young actors.

Bollywood Bound conveys a new twist on an old showbiz tale by following the ups and downs of Neeru, Vikram, Vekeana and Ruby, already the most famous Canadian in India, from casting calls to auditions and rehearsals. Amid the fast-changing world of cultural convergence this is also the story of finding one's own place in the world

Born in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada, Arshveer moved to Los Angeles to act in director Ravi Kaz's  Rising Shores, as Arshveer put it, about "the trials and tribulations that we go through as Indo-Canadians or Indo-Americans and the big culture difference and how we are affected by it and how we deal with it and how we accept it."

check out some pictures from the moive....

Harbhajan Mann in Dil Apna PunjabiDil Apna Punjabi poster

Edited by sandeepkaur - 17 years ago
well i am from vancouver canada too, and one of her cuz is my friend and he said she is really stuck up now because she is in movies ( i dont see why she would be stuck up since she sucks, and she isnot popular)Edited by izzy2001 - 17 years ago

Here's a you tube link to a song from that movie.

Kamli banaya tere pyaar ne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAaAOgkLVTQ

Kudi soni hai. Amit ta paagal jya lagda hai. 😳

Edited by MithiBani - 17 years ago
TFS..............SHEZ NICE I LIKE HER I REME SHE WAS IN SOME EPIS OF MILLE TO AND SHE WAS REALLY GOOD.
awww shess soo pweettyyy 😊
thanks for the article;she looks pretty 😊
Originally posted by sandeepkaur

i am attaching some pic of Neeru Bajwa. she is from Vancouver Canada. i was in two punjabi movies. one of the punjabi movie Dil apna Pujabi did very well for her.. as she was the main lead...

other things about Neeru

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 3:10am | IP Logged  

Arshveer

Neeru Bajwa

Neeru Bajwa to Arshveer -  A Journey from

Main Solah Baras Ki to Rising Shores

Arshveer as Neeru Bajwa made her debut as a Bollywood actress in Dev Anand's Main Solah Baras Ki produced in 1998.

Neeru got interested in Indian films by watching these at a very young age. She says, " I was literally bombarded with Hindi films because my parents were also at work and I was the eldest and they needed something to keep me entertained. So it was always Hindi songs. And then I just started doing stage shows – dancing, my passion"

Five years ago, she found out that Dev Anand was coming to Vancouver. She did a dance at his dinner party. After the dance, Dev Anand asked for her pictures. That is how she landed the second leading role as one of the two girls who want to become actresses and follow Dev Anand around.

Shot in London, Scotland, Mumbai and Leh (Ladakh), the movie was not a big hit. It opened in London, says Neeru, "which was a big drawback. I mean it was a bad film, but it didn't get any publicity in openings in Mumbai because he opened it in London. So all the attention was focussed in London rather than in Mumbai, where it should have been. So nothing really happened. Nobody even knew that this movie was released. The music was good, though. I went to London for the premiere and then to Paris and Scotland. It was released in India in a few theatres."

Neeru was one of the four young Indo-Canadians, in the Bollywood Bound, a documentary with the Canadian National Film Board, looking for fame … Indian style. Raised on a diet of Hindi movies, success in Indian cinema does not seem so far away to these young actors.

Bollywood Bound conveys a new twist on an old showbiz tale by following the ups and downs of Neeru, Vikram, Vekeana and Ruby, already the most famous Canadian in India, from casting calls to auditions and rehearsals. Amid the fast-changing world of cultural convergence this is also the story of finding one's own place in the world

Born in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada, Arshveer moved to Los Angeles to act in director Ravi Kaz's  Rising Shores, as Arshveer put it, about "the trials and tribulations that we go through as Indo-Canadians or Indo-Americans and the big culture difference and how we are affected by it and how we deal with it and how we accept it."

check out some pictures from the moive....

Harbhajan Mann in Dil Apna PunjabiDil Apna Punjabi poster

She has acted in asthitva ek prem kahani tv serial