Govinda's SHOCKING revelation on why he will never work with David Dha

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

WATCH: Govinda's SHOCKING revelation on why he will never work with David Dhawan again!

Bollywood Hungama News Network

Mon Jul 29 12:29:38 IST

Govinda and David Dhawan were close-knit friends and have given the industry some major hits including Partner, Coolie No. 1, Hero No. 1, and Shola Aur Shabnam to mention a few. However, when Govinda appeared on India TV’s show Aap Ki Adalat, he opened up about the major fallout that he had with David Dhawan. The actor revealed that he has not spoken to him in the past few years.

He said, “He can ask me this question only when his son (Varun Dhawan) makes 17 films with him. I do not think his son will ever do 17 films with him, because he is, after all, David Dhawan's son. He is educated. I never realized the meaning of doing 17 films with a director.  It was Sanjay Dutt who told me to give work to a fellow Punjabi (David Dhawan). I used to give work to fellow Punjabis at that time. I liked David and did many hit films with him. I did not even treat my relatives so well as I treated him. Even with my brother, who is a director, I did not do 17 films.”

Elaborating his reasons further, he revealed, “After I left politics, I told my secretary to keep the phone speaker on, so that I could listen what he (David Dhawan) was saying. I heard, David saying, Chi-Chi (Govinda's nickname) is questioning a lot. He was telling my secretary, I do not want to work with Govinda anymore. Tell him to do some small bit roles. This shocked me and I decided never to work with him. After 4-5 months, I again rang him up just to find out if he would give me a guest appearance in his film. He then never rang me back. I am revealing this in public after so many years. I think he is under somebody's influence. I do not think he is that same David Dhawan whom I used to know.” 

Watch the entire segment, right here.

Loading video

We sure hope that Govinda and David Dhawan can resolve their issues and consider giving their audience another hit.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

"It was Sanjay Dutt who told me to give work to a fellow Punjabi (David Dhawan). I used to give work to fellow Punjabis at that time."

I know it was common to back people from your region...but is it ok to do this? Aren't you depriving talents from other areas of the country? Is this why Bollywood is so Punjabi driven? There are so many other kinds of people but it is the Punjabi culture that is all over in BW. Why is that? Is it because it is a culture that is more fun? Interesting? Worldwide appeal? Curious to know if anyone has any answers.

Edited by LifeOLicious - 4 years ago

Just the way you (govinda) NEVER even made a single phone call to on-the-death-bed Kadir Khan and his family....

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He will keep crying on others till he is dead. 

MainHeroineHoon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

"It was Sanjay Dutt who told me to give work to a fellow Punjabi (David Dhawan). I used to give work to fellow Punjabis at that time."

I know it was common to back people from your region...but is it ok to do this? Aren't you depriving talents from other areas of the country? Is this why Bollywood is so Punjabi driven? There are so many other kinds of people but it is the Punjabi culture that is all over in BW. Why is that? Is it because it is a culture that is more fun? Interesting? Worldwide appeal? Curious to know if anyone has any answers.

The Punjabiat that Bollywood shows is far from what it is in reality, specially when it comes to Sardars. Bollywood impose stereotypes.

I think when it comes to music, it is because Punjabi music industry is the only in the country which is still independent and creating new content literally everyday. Bollywood pick up those songs, ruins the original and add it in whatever movie it can. 

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: altgr

“After I left politics, I told my secretary to keep the phone speaker on, so that I could listen what he (David Dhawan) was saying. I heard, David saying, Chi-Chi (Govinda's nickname) is questioning a lot. He was telling my secretary, I do not want to work with Govinda anymore. Tell him to do some small bit roles. This shocked me and I decided never to work with him. After 4-5 months, I again rang him up just to find out if he would give me a guest appearance in his film. He then never rang me back. I am revealing this in public after so many years. I think he is under somebody's influence. I do not think he is that same David Dhawan whom I used to know.” 

Honestly, I don't like David Dhawan or any of his work but @Bold makes absolutely zero sense. So You're telling me you decided to never work with him and then called him up after a few months for a guest appearance in his film? What?

That's what happen when actors stick to only 1 director. Govinda did the same role over and over again with David Dhawan. Urmila is another example. She did way to many Ram Gopal Verma films which stopped her from achieving superstardom. She was just as talented as her contemporaries otherwise