Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji

The Thought of You is Consuming me

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up this whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life… You give them a piece of you. They don't ask for it. They do something dumb one day like kiss you, or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like "maybe we should just be friends" or "how very perceptive" turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love.”

-Neil Gaiman

What apt words do define the prerogative that Happy took years ago by misplacing her trust on Rocky! I did happen to watch the episodes and Donal, despite being a good actress, is not Happy for me. I watched it for the sheer brilliance of Rocky and his emotions. They say that passionate men-when they fall in love- Make epic love stories! Yes, they do. So did Rocky. No matter how much Rocky has wronged Harleen but I still relate to his pain, his anger, his angst and his helplessness. When you lose someone you love, generally people heal when they have closure. But sadly, Rocky and Happy never really had a closure for their love. Most of their feelings were unspoken and then it catapulted into a vile turn of events. 

Why CVs why? Why did you have to create this epic layered character and then ruin the storyline with Bomb, narcotics and what not! 

Addiction, a word that rightly consumed Rocky for 3 long years and a yearning of 6 long years. The thoughts of Happy consumed him every single second.

No one is a culprit more than Happy. Instead of taking things in her hand, she should have placed more importance to exposing RVs crime. Sometimes, we take unilateral decisions without even an iota of understanding of it’s repercussions. And what better lesson than a massive catastrophic ruining of an entire family and Harleen too! 

I loved the questions Rocky posed today. Her assumptions aren’t true. Everything is devastated! That’s what she doesn’t understand. Happy was wrong and will always be. Nothing can justify her actions and now all bear the consequences of her actions. 

Six long years, he grieved and grieved for what? To see the woman whom he couldn’t breathe without living without him? His grief is shattering. Harleen’s grief is heart breaking. Yes, I grieve for her too. No matter how shallow and selfish, every woman has a right to happiness. A woman tormented for no reason. A shy bride meets a shivering bizarre groom. What about her misery?

Rocky is consumed by her thoughts and it will always be the same.

I don’t feel anything for Donal because for me she isn’t Happy but Ansh is flattering as Rocky. Such a depth in his pain. 

I wish things were different and the show was with AnshMin! 

P.S- This post has been heavily inspired from the wonderful video posted by Ansh on his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzp8P9VlJxV/?igshid=e6vaxyh3jrwm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Golu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

A very well written post and a much needed topic to be opened! Ansh is growing in his awesomeness more and more! I can feel every bit of his emotion and pain! He is the one reason why I am still hanging! And what true words... "Rocky is consumed by her thoughts and it will always be the same" He is tormented because of the fact that he lived without his love when he could have had all the happiness in those lost years. They could have had everything in those years had it not been for Happy's stupid move. Things can never be the same between them and that old raw love which has transformed into pain and angst can never be the same again.. the hole created by those six years will always haunt him.. he wants her with the same intensity but will never be able to look at her the same way.. 💔 the thought of her will always consume him but even a glance at her would pain him.

This story breaks my heart! Rocky's situation breaks my heart! 😭He is a mindblowing character!

afideen thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Very well said.Rocky has been every girls' dream man. Bad boy attitude with the softest heart ever. And Rocky is the most painful character ever. He has always only gone through pain and heartbreak. Until the very end he has had only little happiness and even that was snatched away from him. This could have been a legendary love story if only things turned out differently. 

Happy's selfish decision broke not one relationship but many. And the one big family was destroyed. There were multiple options in getting RV the punishment he deserved. And she chose the worst of them all. I mean atleast shooting RV and spending 6 years in jail would have been a sacrifice. Not putting the ones you love in so much pain. Even RV killed his brother and was bailed out. So she could have just killed him in the name of self defense since it was proved that RV was an abuser. But No she had to choose the most illogical plan ever. While RV went away in peace Rocky suffered for the longest. Sometimes i just think to myself what state of mind did the writers be in to make such a stupid way to get a person killed? 

Do they think that they should always separate the hero and heroine in order to drag the show? Dont they know that thw viewers enjoy happy times and happiness? And this show which was supposed to make us happy and be something different turned out to be the complete opposite. The best thing they did was at the start and maybe till the shaan track. And the best character and best part of the show was Rocky potrayed by Ansh. 

There are so many regrets in this show. This could have been sich a great show if it werent continually messed up. I will forever miss the old DTHHJ! And im sad that its almost to an end now but still we dont see any RoHa happiness. Again its the pain anger hatred stage. Same conflicted feelings here. I think i am in a love hate relationship with this show 😂

Golu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

From the very beginning, this love story and this show has given us only and only pain and heartbreak. Killing RV in the name of self defense when he had taken Happy towards the forest after the police had arrested Rocky would have been so awesome. Jail and all was not something to be worried about. RoHa would have been the same! Is it really the end? 💔This show has created a void in my heart forever and Rocky is one character I won't be able to get done with throughout my life! 😭 I hope they, before closing the shop, give them an emotional reunion at the least, where they both cry out their hearts and hug each other as tight as ever! 😭 Happy shall leave him forever after that. Her stay is only going to cause more damage to others. Rocky and Happy remain broken pieces forever and Rocky remains as shattered as now forever.. living a life he never opted for.. suffering the punishment for a crime he never committed. Such a tragic character! 💔He can't live as much as he can't die. He has responsibilities towards people. I can't imagine a single way for him to live a life! 

Manoshono thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I only saw some of the clips and must confess, Ansh is doing a fabulous job. If Jasmin would have been there, things around them would be so impactful.  But unfortunately, just Ansh alone is not enough for me to watch the show. I honestly feel bad for Anshmin and for Roha fans. I dislike the makers and the channel for such cruel decision. It’s finally ending for everyone’s betterment.