Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Although I have been disappointed with the sudden change of writers and Jahnvi's inconsistency, I must say today when they showed Kavya's side of the story - I was impressed. I hope they do some damage control soon and define both Janhvi and Kavya's character.

We keep on saying that we don't want to watch typical saas-bahu saga or bahu v/s bahu, including me. But let's be honest, even our imagination has its limit and sooner or later every show start to seem typical. This is true for both Indian and International shows.

I mean if we look at it, IPKKND-EBP wasn't really a ground breaking plot. A good girl and a bad boy with horrible past. But it was the execution and the actors which made it a hit. Same goes for NK. A girl fighting for her identity. The new thing was they had a sensible hero instead of a dumbass Ekta ML. Even Jijima - tale of two sisters isn't new if we consider EHMMBH.

So even if they make Janhvi grey/negative and Kavya positive minus her continuous Jahnvi Bhabi jaap, they have the potential to make it a hit.

No matter what the promo hinted, Janhvi in true sense hasn't been grey let alone negative. Either she needs to tone down a little and team up with Kavya or become ruthless to fit the role. Constant flip-floping won't help it. 

kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nushy1995

Although I have been disappointed with the sudden change of writers and Jahnvi's inconsistency, I must say today when they showed Kavya's side of the story - I was impressed. I hope they do some damage control soon and define both Janhvi and Kavya's character.

We keep on saying that we don't want to watch typical saas-bahu saga or bahu v/s bahu, including me. But let's be honest, even our imagination has its limit and sooner or later every show start to seem typical. This is true for both Indian and International shows.

I mean if we look at it, IPKKND-EBP wasn't really a ground breaking plot. A good girl and a bad boy with horrible past. But it was the execution and the actors which made it a hit. Same goes for NK. A girl fighting for her identity. The new thing was they had a sensible hero instead of a dumbass Ekta ML. Even Jijima - tale of two sisters isn't new if we consider EHMMBH.

So even if they make Janhvi grey/negative and Kavya positive minus her continuous Jahnvi Bhabi jaap, they have the potential to make it a hit.

No matter what the promo hinted, Janhvi in true sense hasn't been grey let alone negative. Either she needs to tone down a little and team up with Kavya or become ruthless to fit the role. Constant flip-floping won't help it. 

I don't think they will make Jhanvi ruthless. But if they get ratings for bahu vs bahu they might make Kavya cry buckets like ydays episode.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: kala16

I don't think they will make Jhanvi ruthless. But if they get ratings for bahu vs bahu they might make Kavya cry buckets like ydays episode.

I certainly don't hope so but anything is possible on ITV.

The only exception I have seen so far is Yeh Moh Moh Ke Dhaage. The producers were firm and didn't let the channel change the main plot. Shut down after 109 episodes. But it was still better to watch a finite show rather than watching the destruction of a beautiful story.

Don't know what will be this show's fate.

sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Loved Kavya's outburst today. Tanvi was too good.

With Zain, his performance seemed ok, not bad but not very good either... since we have seen his previous performances... 

Maybe this scene was shot during the ramdaan period, because idk but Zain seemed a lil bit tired. Could be because of his fast.... ? 

Anyways i liked today's episode.

Its good that they are slowly building everyone's character. Liked to see Achal's scenes also. 

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT KAVYA YAAR, LET HER RAGE FOREVER!!!

Tanvi killed it today! She's a good actress, I genuinely believe so, I just think that the material that she's been given is mostly crying/aadarsh bahu type scenes, and I honestly prefer to see her let loose like she did today, or her subtle moments of snark (especially that suhaag raat vaali flashback because I couldn't even register that as Kavya/Tanvi, she literally seemed like completely different person - I want to see more hints of that).

Zain... wasn't at his best today. We've seen what he can do, I mean, he's been able to maintain such a great dynamic with a fine actor such as Ayub Khan, so I think that dialogue delivery/sarcasm is more suited to his strengths than emotional scenes. I also think that they should really have Kabir's crying scenes as being very subtle because I don't really think that Zain pulls off full-on breakdown type crying scenes as well as actors like Nakuul Mehta or KSG have done in the past.

Sidenote: I noticed that everyone's been harping on llhh/trip-fall-catch scenes and I agree, they're not necessary for Kabir and Kavya. Don't get me wrong, I'm a total sucker for these tropes and I've them in the past many times in my own writing, but I personally am invested in Kabir and Kavya as a couple solely because they're like a breath of fresh air in the way that they've been set up. There's no like hate-to-love/constant banter involved in their story, and as much as I love couples like that, I'm kind of glad that Kabir and Kavya have been shown as a more "mature" (for lack of better term) couple in a sense that they talk through their issues - she's allowed to be angry and he doesn't have to have an apology wrung out of him - and their romantic scenes are very soft and there's a severe lack of him forcing her against the wall (bless the heavens above), so yeah, the typical tellywood tropes kind of fall flat for Kabir and Kavya, and they're just annoying in the end.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

Tanvi killed it today! She's a good actress, I genuinely believe so, I just think that the material that she's been given is mostly crying/aadarsh bahu type scenes, and I honestly prefer to see her let loose like she did today, or her subtle moments of snark (especially that suhaag raat vaali flashback because I couldn't even register that as Kavya/Tanvi, she literally seemed like completely different person - I want to see more hints of that).

Zain... wasn't at his best today. We've seen what he can do, I mean, he's been able to maintain such a great dynamic with a fine actor such as Ayub Khan, so I think that dialogue delivery/sarcasm is more suited to his strengths than emotional scenes. I also think that they should really have Kabir's crying scenes as being very subtle because I don't really think that Zain pulls off full-on breakdown type crying scenes as well as actors like Nakuul Mehta or KSG have done in the past.

Sidenote: I noticed that everyone's been harping on llhh/trip-fall-catch scenes and I agree, they're not necessary for Kabir and Kavya. Don't get me wrong, I'm a total sucker for these tropes and I've them in the past many times in my own writing, but I personally am invested in Kabir and Kavya as a couple solely because they're like a breath of fresh air in the way that they've been set up. There's no like hate-to-love/constant banter involved in their story, and as much as I love couples like that, I'm kind of glad that Kabir and Kavya have been shown as a more "mature" (for lack of better term) couple in a sense that they talk through their issues - she's allowed to be angry and he doesn't have to have an apology wrung out of him - and their romantic scenes are very soft and there's a severe lack of him forcing her against the wall (bless the heavens above), so yeah, the typical tellywood tropes kind of fall flat for Kabir and Kavya, and they're just annoying in the end.

Agreed.

To be honest, most of the times I have noticed actors/actresses do amazing job when they are provided with a good script.

I have hated some in some shows but was bowled over by the same actor's performance in another shows. Even I think Tanvi is a good actress and a good script is all we need to see Kavya's strength.

I too loved the suhagrat sequence. For me that has been her best scene till date. 

About Zain, I have specifically skipped the AvNeil period. πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ Started watching the show from episode 1 and when they killed off Ayesha and made Avni a superkid, I lost my interest completely. Watched again the last few episodes because I am a fan of Sana since Krishnadasi. The few scenes I have seen of Zain, if not extraordinary he is still good/better in emotional scene. I liked his scene with Mowgli very much when he got to know about him being his son and tried to hold him. So I am a bit disappointed but I hope he would improve. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

About romance, I am just your opposite. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I don't like typical trip-fall-catch even in case of my favorite TV couples. But KK have been friends for years and they know/understand each other. So it's highly unlikely that Kabir would have to look into Kavya's eyes to realize how pretty she is or to understand her. So normal conversation and gradual build up is necessary for the duo. πŸ™‚

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

I agree with everything except.....

You think Nakul can do breakdown scenes???? Like he's terrible anyways, but his breakdown scenes are the worst in his repertoire, he hams sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.🀒

I really hope Zain never does a breakdown scene like that lol.

(Sorry if my opinion hurts anyone, but like honestly NM only does mimcry of SRK/HR. He's nice offscreen though)

About KSG, definitely agree!!! He is too good at emotional scenes. But then, he is senior now. Sigh I miss the KSG, Rajeev Khandelval, Iqbal Khan, Harshad era.😭

Nowadays male actors are disappointing. πŸ˜”

Female actresses are still holding their own somehow. 

kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

I agree with everything except.....

You think Nakul can do breakdown scenes???? Like he's terrible anyways, but his breakdown scenes are the worst in his repertoire, he hams sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.🀒

I really hope Zain never does a breakdown scene like that lol.

(Sorry if my opinion hurts anyone, but like honestly NM only does mimcry of SRK/HR. He's nice offscreen though)

About KSG, definitely agree!!! He is too good at emotional scenes. But then, he is senior now. Sigh I miss the KSG, Rajeev Khandelval, Iqbal Khan, Harshad era.😭

Nowadays male actors are disappointing. πŸ˜”

Female actresses are still holding their own somehow. 

Female actresses I like Aditi,shrenu,haven't seen breakdown scenes of Jenny but I like her also. I was blown over by Aditi in silsila.

Shrenu was good in EBP Suhaag raat scene and breakup scene with Omkara.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Female actresses I like Aditi,shrenu,haven't seen breakdown scenes of Jenny but I like her also. I was blown over by Aditi in silsila.

Aditi in Silsila was extraordinary. 😍😍😍

These days a handful of immature fans of almost every show take dig at other shows.

But during ITV awards I had seen fans of many shows wishing that if their favorite doesn't get the award then it should go to Aditi. 

I have never seen such appreciation for any other actor/actress. It's undoubtedly a big achievement for her. ☺️☺️☺️

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Yes Aditi was brilliant in Sbrk, the only saving grace of the show.