Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kara_R thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: hotchic2

You don't need a medical degree for this. This has become basic knowledge now.

And she is kind of right. Synthetic pads/diapers contain chemicals and toxins, hazardous to skin, and environment also. But using cloth is a big nuisance especially if you are a working woman.

Anyway, nowadays there are pads/diapers made with organic cotton. Don't know why she is bringing it up now and tagging Twinkle, just to grab some attention I guess or because she produced PadMan? 

But that is NOT what she said! She is not qualified to make the statement that she did.

"Since synthetic pads have come into existence every third woman has ovary cyst, half the woman population across the globe is infertile, fertility clinics are booming in cities but villages don’t have this problem, infertility wasn’t a problem with our ancestors."

DavidBowieGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I take it she doesn't know the phrase correlation does not equal causation? Is she really blaming the invention of the synthetic pad for being the sole cause of so called global infertility? 

Synthetic might possibly not be as good as other materials, but she went about it such a wrong way. And, is this really the conversation we should have right, now when we still have  parts where still people consider even the hint of menstruation topic taboo, and where women aren't able to have access to any types of pads, may have to miss important things like school.. Instead of pads they have to use unsafe alternatives.

I'm worried that there might be someone out there who takes these tweets seriously and stop the buying of pads in the household, thus forcing them to use unsafe and alternatives. 

Edited by DavidBowieGirl - 4 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Wait.... Won't using cloth lead to infections? India has highest rate of cervical cancer in women due to lack of proper vaginal hygiene. 

Also  aren't our body fluids(especially those containing blood) loaded with bacterias and susceptible to carrying diseases🤔.

PS:Rangoli claims to have a degree in microbiology. 

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Her point might be valid but I smell desperation to get attention!

happygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Well then I expect she and her sister to walk the talk and only wear organic pads not synthetic ones

The use of synthetic pads doesn't cause ovarian cysts and infertility and I'm saying this coming from the medical doctor. Those organic pads she's talking will definitely increase the risk of infections and PID which would further lead to a risk of infertility

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
She had point . They are synthetic flavors n all .
sherlockthor thumbnail

I dont like this person but she is right

Biodegradable pads and diapers are required

Govt has launched last year only biodegradable napkins for only 10 rs.

Available in every govt medical shop .

This sanitary and diapers are a major cause of plastic pollution

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I'm all for better environmental products but here in the US these organic and more natural things are way more expensive. I don't know if she is 100% correct on ovarian cysts or cancer, as I am not sure if the plastics are what causes these issues. However, maybe for some, they are not aware of other options, can't afford the other options, or whatever.

She's being a bit dramatic over it. As one person's preference shouldn't offend her, it's really silly.

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.chutney

I'm all for better environmental products but here in the US these organic and more natural things are way more expensive. I don't know if she is 100% correct on ovarian cysts or cancer, as I am not sure if the plastics are what causes these issues. However, maybe for some, they are not aware of other options, can't afford the other options, or whatever.

She's being a bit dramatic over it. As one person's preference shouldn't offend her, it's really silly.

Exactly over dramatic is correct.  The two sisters are full of lies,  and pick up "causes" to make PR and noise, then they move on to something else when people loose interest or when they get smart people giving them a comment or asking them questions they cannot answer because they are semi-literate.  

They seem to pick a lot of convenient causes too, What man is going to argue about menstrual cycles? and a lot of women will  keep quiet about it and just handle their own business, and do what they have to when the blood flows, I mean sometimes you have NO choices and have to use whatever resources you have.  Even the most prepared or wealthy woman may be caught by surprise while out and about and the most creative things end up as an emergency pad.

The ranauts are really vile and evil women who honestly do not give any f...s as they say about the women in India if they did, they would go about it the correct way, their randomness gives them away.  This stupid rant of hers is like telling people that warm water is good for your aches and pains, and saying she herself soaks in her warm jacuzzi  two times a day....But the people she is saying this to have no running water, forget the fancy bathroom.    I will say it again they are evil, shallow women who flaunt the little wealth they have, because they feel superior, and since they preach to a lot of ignorant people, they lord over them, as in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king.

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CriticusExpert

Exactly over dramatic is correct.  The two sisters are full of lies,  and pick up "causes" to make PR and noise, then they move on to something else when people loose interest or when they get smart people giving them a comment or asking them questions they cannot answer because they are semi-literate.  

They seem to pick a lot of convenient causes too, What man is going to argue about menstrual cycles? and a lot of women will  keep quiet about it and just handle their own business, and do what they have to when the blood flows, I mean sometimes you have NO choices and have to use whatever resources you have.  Even the most prepared or wealthy woman may be caught by surprise while out and about and the most creative things end up as an emergency pad.

The ranauts are really vile and evil women who honestly do not give any f...s as they say about the women in India if they did, they would go about it the correct way, their randomness gives them away.  This stupid rant of hers is like telling people that warm water is good for your aches and pains, and saying she herself soaks in her warm jacuzzi  two times a day....But the people she is saying this to have no running water, forget the fancy bathroom.    I will say it again they are evil, shallow women who flaunt the little wealth they have, because they feel superior, and since they preach to a lot of ignorant people, they lord over them, as in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king.

Exactly. And if she cared so much, why not campaign for it, and bring awareness to women who don't know. If she has the funds for a damn hot tub, she can clearly go to a few cities and try to get things done in a better way. Cause you know, all people have twitter and are ALWAYS aware of better options.