Its better for the show to go off air

AnnaPearl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I know the title seems harsh and though I love this show I still think it is better to finish it off. I am not saying so because there is no more story left. I am saying so because I do not feel that the creatives and writers our putting any effort in the show.

Before proceeding I would like to clear that this is not a hate post to this show and its characters or any other show and characters.

I started taking interest in the show after kaira and fell deeply in love with them. I never made an account because I do not like arguments and this forum did not seem very friendly. I stopped watching the show regularly in the beginning of 2018. I was gone to begin university and wanted to concentrate. I still watched it a times, though I mostly forwarded the episodes since I am always impatient to get to the end.

Anyways I am here to talk about the current track.

The track started after I came home for my vacations, it was the first episode I was seeing on tv after months. Well not exactly episode but precap.

It was the precap of bhabhima telling Naira that woman can do anything and something along those lines. From that very second I had a bad feeling of the track. Firstly, I dislike the whole a woman can do anything. I am a female, a girl, a woman but I know I can't do everything because its human to be imperfect and faculty. Though I am not going to talk about this in detail because mahanta is the problem of many shows so I don't feel its fair to point it out only in one show. What I was more concerned while watching that precap was Naira becoming a jewellery designer like Akshara. As I said I started taking interest in the show after Kaira. I did watch it previously but it wasn't something that connected to me. No am not saying that Akshara and Naitik were a bad couple or characters am only saying that they did not connect to me, that I had noticed a lot of new fans join the forum after kaira. So that would mean people were attracted to the girl who was free spirited, the girk who loved to dance. Dance makes Naira, Naira for me. So I was scared they would make Naira work as a jewellery designer and forget about her dance carrer so I was disappointed when that happened but I was happy that at least she isn't working with Goenkas. They at least didn't repeat it exactly the same. I was not satisfied but I saw that at least they put 1% effort.

Then again I watched a part of the award cermony. It wasn't the episode. They were just showing a small snippet between the other serials. No sarcasm I honestly want to know what that award was about. Cause I cannot understand how Karthik and Naira can be nominated for one award. Goenka's family business is jewellery making, its the designing, manufacturing, making of jewels. While Naira is a jewellery designer. (As I said I haven't been watching reguarly since a year and a half so I don't know if Karthik is doing the jewellery designing for Goenkas.) So if it is an award for which person has become more successful in the past year or so I don't think any of the two could win because of the Goenkas recent loss and Naira started as a jewellery designer and is still in the same position so again no big achievement there. No matter which way I think kaira cannot be nominated for the same award category as they are both maybe working in the same industry but they are doing different jobs. Though I found this wierd and my dissatisfaction grew. This still is not the reason why I believe the creatives have no interest.

Both of Kaira's character has been changed since the beginning of kaira. Though some changes seemed big and drastic, personally, I dont think they were. Naira was a problem solver in the beginning she help fixed small things like Rose wedding dress not people have hopes on her to save them from bigger problems like stopping Karthik's arrest ( a week or two ago Manish asked Naira to do something to stop Karthik's arrest ).

Karthik's driving force for me has always been love and to see what's infront of his eyes. He loved both his parents, but he saw his parents fight and Suvarna entry and since no when ever tried to tell him the truth. For him it looks like his father's affair was the reason of his mother's suicide. He loved Shubham and Naira both he got to know Naira knew about Shubham diseases ir something like that. Again he reacted on what was exactly placed in front of his eyes. This is what highly disappointed me seeing the promos of Karthik doubting Naira. Because they remembered one aspect of Karthik's character is to believe what he sees but they forgot another aspect of Karthik's character is love. If Karthik didn't love his mother would he be upset about her suicide. If Karthik didn't love Shubham would he be upset about his death. Even more silly is the fact that they are having him think that Naira has an affair with a guy who she met few months back. If anyone remembers Raghav's track. He came as Naira's old love supposedly but all Karthik ever thought was this guy hurt Naira and he didn't want her to be hurt again. It was never she loved him once what if she falls for him again. Even during the dance competition track with Kiran I never found him to be jealous or doubtful. He only seemed annoyed at Kiran at not leaving Kaira alone. So when he didn't doubt her when her supposed first love and very good friend came by showing him doubt her with a stranger is pretty stupid. Karthik seriously has one of rhe widest character range I have seen because it litterally goes from doing something for a family member and hurring Naira to doing something for Naira and hurting a family member. Yet they couldn't find a track that fitted anywhere with his character. But again the change in character is not the reason I want the show to go off air. 

I would have though this character change was the creatives way of showing as time passes people change. But the episode few weeks ago has led to believe something different. 

It was couple of weeks ago when Goenkas jewellery was stolen. In the middle of the episode Naira calls Mihir (her boss) and asks him did he take the order what Karthik was doing and he tells her its personal and stuff like that. In the end of the episode or precap they show Naira telling Karthik that she send Mihir their to the chor bazar. So basically, in the beginning of the episode he cant tell her why he took a deal but he can pretend to a be a person buying feom the black market so that he can get the jewellery back that her husband worked on. If a character sketch or a relationship between two people changes from one track to another some or another excuse could have been given, like people change or something of that sort. Here though they showed such a big change from one episode to another. This proves they have been putting 0 effort because they didn't even attempt to make one episode connect with the next. So my suggestion since the creatives have no interest  in the show would be to get it off air.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I feel you. 

I feel like for me the depth they have shown with kartik not even one iorta has been shown with naira. And dont get me wrong like i am not against them showing any for her but i think that, its a bit too over done every show has a super bahu who has done everything and back. 

For me even in this track Kartik is realistic. He isnt a god. He is a man. You keep praising and running behind another dude. He will get mad. And insecure. 

Also especially when everything else in his life is shit. and you are the soul focus. 

Naira for me is insensitive. Rather than supporting him. She just suddenly jumped into being a bussiness woman which made no sense. I loved the fact unlike every other bahu on tv +_+ they ddn show her like this initially and what she loved was dance. She was in no hurry to study. she had other dreams and that was ok. 

You dont have to fit into one mould. +_+ but nope randomly she designs and one souk made her better at shit then kartik. Manish rather discuss business with her than his son whose a graduate and fellow businessman.

I despise her as of now. Kartik is fine. Like they shouldnt even be together is what i feel when these separations happen.

Naira will always lie +_+

And kartik will always be burned like this

AnnaPearl thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnyaRSingh

I feel you. 

I feel like for me the depth they have shown with kartik not even one iorta has been shown with naira. And dont get me wrong like i am not against them showing any for her but i think that, its a bit too over done every show has a super bahu who has done everything and back. 

For me even in this track Kartik is realistic. He isnt a god. He is a man. You keep praising and running behind another dude. He will get mad. And insecure. 

Also especially when everything else in his life is shit. and you are the soul focus. 

Naira for me is insensitive. Rather than supporting him. She just suddenly jumped into being a bussiness woman which made no sense. I loved the fact unlike every other bahu on tv +_+ they ddn show her like this initially and what she loved was dance. She was in no hurry to study. she had other dreams and that was ok. 

You dont have to fit into one mould. +_+ but nope randomly she designs and one souk made her better at shit then kartik. Manish rather discuss business with her than his son whose a graduate and fellow businessman.

I despise her as of now. Kartik is fine. Like they shouldnt even be together is what i feel when these separations happen.

Naira will always lie +_+

And kartik will always be burned like this

I don't really agree with what you have to say about Karthik's character because like I said this guy was literally someone who was told of his wife having an abortion before marriage, he knew that guy who was supposedly that child's father was back. Yet he did not have one ounce of jealousy or insecurity of loosing Naira to that man who Naira supposedly loved enough to have a child with, no he only wanted to keep her away because he was afraid she would be hurt, but now they show him insecure a guy she met few days back. I find that absurd. Then again I do understand what you mean. Generally, it is common to feel insecure in such a case where your own people choose others over you. So am not hating Karthik just disappointed but not in Karthik but the way the creatives are shaping this track. I am disappointed because I fear the climax of the track being something like Keerti and Naksh wedding where personally I didn't find Karthik wrong, maybe harsh but what do I expect from a brother whose sister was in an abusive relationship and then he got to know his sister's second husband did not love her. Yet they hardly showed any scene showcasing his pain and fear as a brother but repeatedly showed Karthik's harsh behaviour with Naira. This is what I fear.

Naira the strong independent and free spirited girl was one of the characters I love most in the show. She was perfectly imperfect and I love her for that. Then she slowly changed to someone who can do anything and everything and is always right. I don't mind because as I said that this is the case in many serials so pointing it in one is unfair. But I admit, every time I watch Naira I yearn for that old Naira who was faulty, human and connectable. She was a beautiful gem among many female characters I have seen on tv. My Naira thought me hard work with her hard work for her dance academy and dance competitions despite of being a good dancer she worked extremely hard to impress her dance teacher, she danced with weights on her feet, the teacher quit but she didn't, she thought me determination. This Naira teaches me to leave everything on luck because I might suddenly become a good artist and develop some other skill over night and earn a lot of name with that. No matter how many years past by no matter how much Naira changes I will still say I love Naira, I love my old Naira, because no matter how much she change I will still hold the love I had for my old Naira and though I love this Naira her perfection pains me and am not able to love her as much as I love my Naira.

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Karthik is insecure. In his world Naira should be with him 24/7. I think  most woman would find that to be suffocating.  Karthik and Dadi need a mental health check. Please give Naira some space. She was waiting for a confirmation from the doctor to tell him she's pregnant. The way they have shown him he is not a responsible person to be a father as he would get insecure if Naira was spending time with the baby and not him.

Frankly seeing him walking in the rain and having hallucinations I did not feel one bit sorry for him. All this negativity and insecurity in his brain is because he has too much time on his hands. Stop being insecure and for God's sake go to work. For once act like a mature man not like a baby crying for his mommy.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
AnnaPearl thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

Karthik is insecure. In his world Naira should be with him 24/7. I think  most woman would find that to be suffocating.  Karthik and Dadi need a mental health check. Please give Naira some space. She was waiting for a confirmation from the doctor to tell him she's pregnant. The way they have shown him he is not a responsible person to be a father as he would get insecure if Naira was spending time with the baby and not him.

Frankly seeing him walking in the rain and having hallucinations I did not feel one bit sorry for him. All this negativity and insecurity in his brain is because he has too much time on his hands. Stop being insecure and for God's sake go to work. For once act like a mature man not like a baby crying for his mommy.

You have your own views and even though they are not completely same as mine, I respect them. Although I fail tp understand that you have mentioned that in the normal world a woman would feel Karthik's behaviour suffocating but let me know in which normal world someone becomes a jewellery designer overnight and earns a name higher in few  days while others couldn't do that in years. 

If one part of the track is being compared to a real life situation so shall the entire  track. Especially because Naira working as a jewellery designer is the base of this track if the current situation is to be compared to real life so shall the fact that no one can reach success that fast. Heck, Naira took years to build her dance academy, days to pratice for each of her dance competitions despite of being talented at it.

I am not here to say who is wrong between kaira, am saying that they both have their flaws and prespectives. Just as am not hating on Karthik for his insecurity I will not hate on Naira for walking away when she does.

AnnaPearl thumbnail

Okay, let md clear this for everyone. This is not a Karthik Naira comparison post. This is not who is wrong and who is right from the two. I did not create this post for people to come to debate whose fault is more from the two. Like I stated in the main post. Mahanta is the problem of many serials and I core element of Karthik's character which is doing whatever he does right or wrong for someone he loves. Yet none of this is the reason I want the show to end.

I only want it off air because I love Kaira because the creatives have no more interest and I dont wish to see them damage Kaira or the show even more.

If they wanted to show woman working ir a woman can run her family. They could have shown Naira winning dance competitions. Working day and night for it. More students enrolling in her academy. This would have been a golden opportunity to show dadi that giving green signal for Naira's dance was a good call.

I understand that after years tge creatives are bored of the show that is why without any harsh feelings I say please finish it. There is no use of it running if you are unwilling to put an effort for one page of the story to connect to the next.

rose2015 thumbnail

@annapearl

I want to like your post but website doesn't allow me to do that. I have watched this show from the beginning and for me the storyline starting deteriorating with the Shubnam track. After the baby stealing track I totally detached from the show. The whole foundation is so illogical. Trying to make sense of any of it is very difficult. Aside of breaking them up and bringing them back together again there is nothing to show. It is just rinse and repeat. I have said before that it was better to end the show on a high note rather than allow the show to deteriorate to the point you have now two characters leaving the show. I have started watching the spinoff show for a change because YRKKH doesn't have anything new to offer the viewer.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
AnnaPearl thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

@annapearl

I want to like your post but website doesn't allow me to do that. I have watched this show from the beginning and for me the storyline starting deteriorating with the Shubnam track. After the baby stealing track I totally detached from the show. The whole foundation is so illogical. Trying to make sense of any of it is very difficult. Aside of breaking them up and bringing them back together again there is nothing to show. It is just rinse and repeat. I have said before that it was better to end the show on a high note rather than allow the show to deteriorate to the point you have now two characters leaving the show. I have started watching the spinoff show for a change because YRKKH doesn't have anything new to offer the viewer.

Like I have said in the main post I kind of stopped watching the show a year and a half ago when I started University. I did watch during vacations sometimes. If I had any problem with an episode I watched I simply stopped watching it. Like this track I hardly watch one or two full episodes, little bits here and ther, short snippets they show between the  ads and the promos. Many times am disappointed with a show but still I would never say that it should end. Because many people work in the serial on and off screen and wanting a show to end is like wanting them to loose their jobs. This time however is not about my or any of the fans dislike or like. It is about the creatives the lack of interest. I will disagree that Yeh rishta has nothing new to show. I still feel it has a lot of potential but I also feel the creatives do not care about the show, they are not even trying to think of something different, they don't want to maintain the characters they created, so it is better for it to end.

Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

The track made no sense whatsoever. It started off as Kaira working together and probably setting an example for the society, to this forced separation. 

Kartik is wrong to have questioned Naira. I understood his insecurity and jealousy because he has always been the saviour for Naira, but when he couldn’t do that, he was shaken to the core. He has every right to despise MK because he did talk shit about Kartik behind his back. What I don’t get is how any of this lead to Kartik even remotely believing that Naira is capable of cheating on him? 

However, at the same time, it was really annoying how an ever observant Naira was so clueless to Kartik’s feelings for over a month how. How could she not gauge his discomfort? Being independent does not mean you continue working with a person who insults your husband. MK has done get quite often, for example, the one time when he was like you are busy taking care of your husband. Naira continuing to work for MK despite his repu with Kartik seemed like she was trying to prove a point. Also, no one gets calls at 6 am till midnight from their boss and their employees. 

The track was nothing but illogical crap which ruined the essence of Kaira and Kartik’s basic characterisation. Naira continues lying to Kartik, even its for his betterment, MK who apparently never mixed personal and professional work, went out of his way to help Goenkas. Manish’s lack of trust on Kartik’s abilities is astounding. Everyone treating Naira as a superwoman is ridiculous. 

The trp has dropped to 1.7. Hope for the actors and bts people sake that the ratings rise after the leap, which doesn’t look promising at all. Naira dying, 5 year kid, and now Kartik’s marriage being fixed with a new entry. 

rose2015 thumbnail

I have had this feeling for sometime now that the writers are not fully invested in the show based on the tracks that are shown. Before there used to be multiple tracks going on at once but now it is only one track focused on Kaira. The show needs some drastic changes in content but I don't know if the writers are capable of delivering refreshing content to recharge the show. Yes there is potential if the develop other characters instead of just using them in the background. I don't know where this is headed.