Siddhant Chaturvedi speaks to Rajeev Masand about what's next for him

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Choosy Chaturvedi

Siddhant Chaturvedi, who broke out with a terrific performance as rap mentor MC Sher in Gully Boy (2019) earlier this year, has added another feather to his cap in having landed the dubbing gig for Chris Hemsworth’s character Agent H in the Hindi version of Men in Black: International (2019). The 26-year-old actor told me he will bring a bit of rap and Sher to his work for the film. In Bali earlier this week where he was introduced to the God of Thunder, he rapped for a video the pair recorded together, culminating with Chris borrowing Siddhant’s star-making line ‘Bohot hard!’

Chaturvedi is aware the industry has its eyes trained on him, keen to see what he does next. Turns out there might be an action film with Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani’s Excel Productions, and at least one more “big movie” that will be announced shortly. But he reveals he’s been saying ‘no’ more frequently than ‘yes’ and understands some filmmakers may not take kindly to being turned down by a newcomer. Some expect him to say ‘yes’ without so much as giving him a script to read. “But I have to make the right choices. I only get a limited number of chances,” he says. He also added he isn’t swept off his feet when he’s offered films originally written for bigger stars. “That can’t be the reason to take a role. It has to be right for me.”

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/cinema/first-time-lucky

I think we might have found the source of the negative story about him. He must of turned down somebody and they did not like it.

I have a feeling he is going to be in the Bunty aur Babli sequel. I think there was speculation he signed with YRF Talent.

Edited by jb508 - 4 years ago