Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: simim

Pls show a comment which states  that they hate Hinduism? Why are you talking about which regions had it and which did not? That’s not being discussed here at all!!!

Pls go through what Payal said and what people commented.

She claims that Sati Pratha is not part of Hinduism and came with invaders and that people who fought against it are basically just followers of the British who were discrediting Hinduism by calling it a Hindu practice.

So I don’t know why you are talking about where it was followed and where it was not.

dude, your comment fully imply blaming hinduism..........believe it or not, my reply is based on your comment alone.........

it is not about hinduism, if its not a practice followed by all hindus............so stop blaming hinduism for every damn thing.....

as for Payal, she is a dumb woman as per my opinion since survivors, so i wont take anything she says, seriously.........

anjs thumbnail

Sati (practice) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search "Suttee" redirects here. For other uses of "sati", see Sati (disambiguation).

An 18th-century painting depicting sati.

Sati or suttee[note 1] is an obsolete funeral custom where a widow immolates herself (Anumarana) on her husband's pyre or takes her own life in another fashion shortly after her husband's death.[2][3][4][5]

Mention of the practice can be dated back to the 3rd century BCE,[6] while definite inscriptional proof in Nepal and India starts appearing from 5th and 6th centuries CE respectively. Sati stones started appearing in large numbers from 11th century. From 12th to 19th century and also in the late modern era, there were incidents when it often occurred in large numbers, especially as a reaction to military conquests by foreign militaries. The number of women burning themselves however always remained low in relation to the number of people. Resolute support for Sati by some authors only appears from 15th century, however there were also many in opposition to it. The practice was particularly prevalent among some Hindu communities,[7] observed in aristocratic Sikh families,[8] and has been attested to outside the Indian subcontinent in a number of localities in Southeast Asia, such as in Indonesia and Vietnam.[9] The practice was never widespread throughout India, nor did it have scriptural sanction.[10]

simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

dude, your comment fully imply blaming hinduism..........believe it or not, my reply is based on your comment alone.........

it is not about hinduism, if its not a practice followed by all hindus............so stop blaming hinduism for every damn thing.....

as for Payal, she is a dumb woman as per my opinion since survivors, so i wont take anything she says, seriously.........

Hinduism has several good and several bad points. Trying to say that all bad are due to invaders is nonsense.

Believe it or not I like Hinduism the way it is. I dislike the nonsense being propagated in the name of Hinduism. Leave Hinduism as it is and it’s good.

Just because you disagree with the utter crap that someone says doesn’t mean that you hate a religion and you are merely reiterating what I said. If you disagree with something then you hate or are anti national or a sickular....

Pls read completely and understand what is said before making ridiculous claims.

anjs thumbnail

Hinduism has several good and several bad points. Trying to say that all bad are due to invaders is nonsense.

Believe it or not I like Hinduism the way it is. I dislike the nonsense being propagated in the name of Hinduism. Leave Hinduism as it is and it’s good.

Just because you disagree with the utter crap that someone says doesn’t mean that you hate a religion and you are merely reiterating what I said. If you disagree with something then you hate or are anti national or a sickular....

Pls read completely and understand what is said before making ridiculous claims.

if this is what you are saying, then it didnt come out as that. your comment is more about clearing the invaders..... not about NOT attributing it to the religion...

and on a forum, where people are every ready to pin every thing on hinduism, its no surprise that people would want to defend the religion, cause just like terrorism doesnt relate to the religion, similarly every evil thing doesnt relate to the religion as well.......

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Is Z grade actress pe itne saare pages...

Lagta hai IF pe kisiko koi kaam waam nahi hai😅

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I did not. I know very well why Sati burnt herself. My point was that saying it’s not part of Hinduism and came with invaders is ridiculous when the custom is named after her act. And she is Shivas wife. And Shiva is a Hindu God. How can ppl say that it was not in Hinduism and came with invaders when the custom is named Sati.

The last known act of Sati was in 2002!!! Who invaded and who had to escape the invaders in 2002?

This is not the first time I am hearing this. This is something systematically spread during the last 5 years that anything problematic with Hinduism is due to invaders and anyone else. And if you disagree then you are an anti national sickular  urban naxal communist etc etc 

well you wrote Sati committed Sati, hence I asked you those questions. Sati's self immolation is not similar to the Sati where wife dies in the funeral pyre.

Plus Sati as other customs have been used to block the women no doubt about it, but it is also truth that Sati wasn't a widespread nationwide mass accepted phenomenon which our school books and modern historians try to make it. And how the English liberated us from it.

And that is the reason why some have turned into these type of defending, not justifying, just giving reasons why some people take offense regarding these.

Payal is an idiot, along with the similar thinking Hinduism Khatre Mai gang., as she cannot understand the difference between Jauhar and Sati.

But I also find the Desh Khatre Main Hai, BJP is gonna convert everyone to Hinduism group as similar level of delusion and stupidity.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

The entire problem with this moron's comment is that Bhakts are deliberately trying to erase history or worse, change it to suit their agenda to blame every social evil in the eras gone by to Islam and Muslims. Whether it's Sati or Jauhar Hindus had a part to play. One can't deny it. Society had a part to play. We can't just wash it off our hands like a certain Modiji. Soon we'll see the Bhakt version of everything in new history books too like Congress had theirs proclaiming Gandhi and Nehru to be the so called saviors of India. When you are in power, you can change history according to your liking and that's a scary thing. 

anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

well you wrote Sati committed Sati, hence I asked you those questions. Sati's self immolation is not similar to the Sati where wife dies in the funeral pyre.

Plus Sati as other customs have been used to block the women no doubt about it, but it is also truth that Sati wasn't a widespread nationwide mass accepted phenomenon which our school books and modern historians try to make it. And how the English liberated us from it.

And that is the reason why some have turned into these type of defending, not justifying, just giving reasons why some people take offense regarding these.

Payal is an idiot, along with the similar thinking Hinduism Khatre Mai gang., as she cannot understand the difference between Jauhar and Sati.

But I also find the Desh Khatre Main Hai, BJP is gonna convert everyone to Hinduism group as similar level of delusion and stupidity.

@bold : true

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TrustNo1

Is Z grade actress pe itne saare pages...

Lagta hai IF pe kisiko koi kaam waam nahi hai😅

She is an Andh Bhakt so she will get the support of Bhakts no matter what dumb statement she is making . Soon Bhakts will demand Sati Pratha back and may be more such regressive Prathas too 

MainHeroineHoon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

AndhBhakts work harder than Kris Jenner. The dedication is on another level. Election jeet liya hai...ek month ki toh shutti lelo. Kamse kam May 30 tak hi muh bannd krlo!😆