Ranveer Singh would have been better Kabir Singh

JaggatJug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

For some reason, I can't take Shahid seriously as a tough man, He's not that kind of a guy who you would not wanna mess up with. He's not as good as Arjun Reddy, that guy had charisma which Shahid lacks. Someone like Ranveer would have been better as Kabir

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

He was the first choice of the director, who made the original Telugu film too, but Ranveer refused it since he did not want to play a dark role again after Khilji.

The filmmaker also dismissed the talk of Varun Dhawan being approached. “I wanted Ranveer Singh. When that didn’t work out, I approached Shahid,” he says. Boney Kapoor had personally met Vanga in Hyderabad. “Boney Kapoor was very warm and accommodating. But I am not sure if it’s right for me to direct the film with another actor after I’ve discussed it with Shahid. In any case, I’d wish the project my very best,” he reveals.

Edited by Eggon_Snow - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Thank god he isn’t part of this movie. The movie is super problematic in my perspective. Had he done this movie new wave of criticism would have surfaced. Few fangroups  would suddenly become voice of feminism .It’s shahid so nobody cares. 

Redmi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

He would have ruined it with his overacting. No thanks. 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Shahid is so puny for a tough looking guy. 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JaggatJug

For some reason, I can't take Shahid seriously as a tough man, He's not that kind of a guy who you would not wanna mess up with. He's not as good as Arjun Reddy, that guy had charisma which Shahid lacks. Someone like Ranveer would have been better as Kabir

Agreeed . shahids not able to pull it off. 

JaggatJug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I have watched the original movie and its a copy scene by scene. My question is, that if they wanted to just copy paste then why not just release Hindi dubbed version as well rather than wasting money on making a brand new movie?

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I agree. I didn't like Shahid's acting at least whatever I saw till now. And Ranveer could have done a better job. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Film naa hi banti toh better hota. 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Eggon_Snow

He was the first choice of the director, who made the original Telugu film too, but Ranveer refused it since he did not want to play a dark role again after Khilji.

The filmmaker also dismissed the talk of Varun Dhawan being approached. “I wanted Ranveer Singh. When that didn’t work out, I approached Shahid,” he says. Boney Kapoor had personally met Vanga in Hyderabad. “Boney Kapoor was very warm and accommodating. But I am not sure if it’s right for me to direct the film with another actor after I’ve discussed it with Shahid. In any case, I’d wish the project my very best,” he reveals.

Ouch! Boney was trying to get Shahid kicked out and get his son in the film?

Busted!