Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.SSSS. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Very nicely explained. 

Maunal were in love, there is no doubt about that. What we saw after the leap was Kunal caring for Mauli and trying to set things right for her, though he missed not having her in his life and felt it was not fair to have her back.in his life. Mauli could also never hate Kunal. There is no doubt they were in love.

What I gathered from the story is, Kunal and Nandini crossed a line. They hid their relationship and went on behind Mauli's back. It was really something very ugly and the story clearly was told in such a way. Kunal just assumed he had a right to love and break up as and how he wished and even thought Mauli would get over him like he got over her. Fact is, he never fell out of love with her. She was not just the mother of his child, she was more than his best friend, and it will remain that way always.

Kunal made a mistake, but he had a wonderful time with Nandini.  I can never see her as his soulmate. It was something else. Theirs was a need based relationship. No one can replace Mauli's place in his life. 

Mauli on the other hand, went on to find love a second time with Ishaan. That is because the guy was willing to sacrifice his own feelings for her happiness and Mishti's. They ended up sharing much more than what Maunal had.

For me, Silsila 1 showcased two kinds of love- one was selfish, the other was giving. Kunan was the former and Mauhaan was the latter...

Maunal was an imbalanced relationship, one being selfish and the other being giving. If only Kunal had given more of himself....Maunal would have been epic. Kunan never demanded much. It was easy for him to stray away without giving anything of himself. 

Your thoughts about season 1  We share more or less same views. I never felt Kunal to fall for Nandini is not cause he was not in love with Mauli.

sweetzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Uff are they still trying to justify Kunan?

Haven't we always thought about this? 😕

As long as they don't butcher the characters and play around how much ever they want, I dont mind. Anyways we are not going to buy their logic how much ever they try, are we? 😉

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sweetzzz

Haven't we always thought about this? 😕

As long as they don't butcher the characters and play around how much ever they want, I dont mind. Anyways we are not going to buy their logic how much ever they try, are we? 😉

exactly...mishveer and mishaans  situation can never be compared with maunal and kunan. Mishty did hurt veer ..but it only went to the engagement ..and she said she mistook her liking for him as love ..and their relationship was 6 months ..But Kunal married Mauli, lived with her happily for 3 + years, she took care of his family, she worked extra long to earn money for his clinic , and he was very happy right until he met nandu,..and more especially..he left Mauli when she was pregnant and he abandoned his unborn child mishty,..and that’s unforgivable..even if he had feelings for nandu,..he should have sacrificed nandu for his child..because that’s what parents do,.they have to put their children first,..and he didn’t do that...So the two situations can’t be compared,..it’s like comparing a mild earth tremor and a big earth quake...So try as they may ...kunan and their ill treatment of Mauli and unborn mishty cant be accepted or justified...And Su Bua said to radhika...better the break up happens before marriage than after...so mishveer break can be understood and accepted but kunals ill treatment of Mauli can’t.. 

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

They can try all they want, but we are not buying it😡. There is no comparison. 

But, as far as today's conversation is concerned, this is the way I looked at it. Firstly, I felt the writers tried to make it confusing and complicated, so they don't justify anything nor do they deny anything and so everything is left to each person's interpretation. This is clever on the part of the writers. 

Secondly, I felt that what Ruhaan is asking Mishti to do is not to judge her parents, as she was not in their place to understand what actually happened. He is asking her to make peace with her past and the circumstances which were beyond her control. He is asking her not to look at that instance through a black and white mirror and that it is not her place as a child to judge her parents. He is asking her to get out of that rigid thought process and keep herself open to other potential possibilities. And of course the most positive outcome he sees in this is existence/conception of Mishti😃. His advice is for Mishti alone and not for us. Of course, he doesn't know how it all came about, so he is giving an advice for her to get past her horrific past and be more amenable to other perspectives. Just as he made peace with his mom's decision of abandoning him, he thinks there must be some other pressing reason for her to make that horrific decision.

This, as a concept would have been easier to relay had we not been witnesses of all the gore of season 1😡. We have lived through the nonsense, the misery, the devastation, the confusion of Mauli and how Ishaan got dragged into dirt as well. So, we would automatically take sides, we are not their children, we can't think in the place of Mishti as Ruhaan is asking her to do. Rather, it is as if we are Mauli's family, and we are now questioning, " what do you mean, not judge. Of course, we were there and we saw the crap that got doled out to Mauli". 

If we look at those lines only for Mishti, it makes sense. But, if we think of those lines as generic, those were nonsense👎🏼Not sure if I am making sense, even though I wrote a lot. 

I ignored a lot of jazzbaat crap, this word has to be deleted from my brain for good. Season 1 took care of that😡I still don't understand from all that, what they are trying to get at, " once pyaar, always pyaar" or if pyaar can move from one person to the other and that a person should follow wherever their pyaar takes them irrespective of their life and its circumstances. I hope this is not what they are getting at. 

I agree, Kunal is a weakling😡👎🏼. I don't really know if he loved anyone deeply enough to stay committed to that one person or even his parents. He moved on to Nandini, when she felt like a better option, in domestic department,  didn't even  think about his mother, his invalid grandmother till he felt that he needed their services for a motherless Pari. Once, Nandini is gone, he put his hat in the fray to get back to Mauli. He is simply a cheapster, no two ways about that in my mind. 

Edited by mili9 - 4 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Silpa91

It was confusing.I think he meant that they had love but it was not true love from kunal's side may be.

That's a more logical explanation, and the one I've always believed.

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It was never love from kunal's side.. Never loved Mauli,  Never loved Nandini, it was always about necessity. If there was even 1% love for any lady, he wouldn't have cheated on one and made mistress to another. He would have cleared everything in dignified way taking all the blame and then moved on. He would have never called that feeling for another woman as 'divine' or 'pure'. He was only in love with his sausage.

Nandini was a weirdo who wanted to be with men. It doesn't matter her female friend was the one who protected her everytime, but she'll be forever looking for a man for security.

Mishty looks like a hypocrite talking about all these things. After breaking up with veer, she started romance and celebration and she can't get over a thing which happened before 20+ years between her parents. She should stop bitching about kunal... he was a terrible husband, but only Mauli had right to hold grudges against him.. kunal was never a bad father.. Neither for Pari, nor for Mishty. There was no partiality between two. Bad husband doesn't mean bad father. Period.

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: sammy17

That's a more logical explanation, and the one I've always believed.

even i have always believed it that mauli's love was true but kunal's wasn't 

CIDfan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Never understood this true love bakwas....he had affection for mouli which immediately died..so we cannot say he never loved mouli..but I felt Kunal loved nandini more than mouli....he spent rest of his life in the memories of nandini with out going behind other ladies....

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Kunal was willing to sacrifice Nandini fot hiis unborn baby.But his blind love 4 Nandini made him leave Mauli thinking that Mauli is not pregnant .....misunderstanding the doctor's half baked conversation with Mauli.Even if there is no pregnancy falling  another woman is horrible.Mishaan condition is far better as mishveer r not married.But still if it was real life people wudve disliked them.If a girl says I love u to a boy many times n has physical intimacy with him..then later breaks up her engagement with him saying that she never loved him in real life the boy will feel cheated.Also the boy will feel cheated when his own childhood friend falls 4 his fiancee.But since its mishaan everyone including me ship them

Originally posted by: Indira1211

exactly...mishveer and mishaans  situation can never be compared with maunal and kunan. Mishty did hurt veer ..but it only went to the engagement ..and she said she mistook her liking for him as love ..and their relationship was 6 months ..But Kunal married Mauli, lived with her happily for 3 + years, she took care of his family, she worked extra long to earn money for his clinic , and he was very happy right until he met nandu,..and more especially..he left Mauli when she was pregnant and he abandoned his unborn child mishty,..and that’s unforgivable..even if he had feelings for nandu,..he should have sacrificed nandu for his child..because that’s what parents do,.they have to put their children first,..and he didn’t do that...So the two situations can’t be compared,..it’s like comparing a mild earth tremor and a big earth quake...So try as they may ...kunan and their ill treatment of Mauli and unborn mishty cant be accepted or justified...And Su Bua said to radhika...better the break up happens before marriage than after...so mishveer break can be understood and accepted but kunals ill treatment of Mauli can’t..