Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: InkandFire

The makers clearly want us on team Dhanak but that’s not happening. Just because she’s a police officer and Raghu isn’t doesn’t automatically make everything she says or does right and him wrong. It’s like for them there’s always a right and a wrong. But the world ain’t like that. 

I cannot side with Dhanak. She is so f***ing annoying. Excuse my language but I’ve had enough of her bs. She is so full of herself like you cannot correct every wrong in this world. If you really love this dude then spend more time worrying about earning his trust back rather than him breaking your idealistic vachans. At this point, I want that camel’s back to break and for Raghu to seriously consider ending things if Dhanak hasn’t got her priorities sorted or there’s no trust in their relationship. Because maybe that will actually make Dhanak realise - she has to make a choice. And for god’s sake can she ever choose Raghu without also choosing her vardi. It’s not even that I want her to leave her dream for Raghu, it’s just that should it come to that, I literally can’t see her doing that. It’s just a matter of whether she’s willing to and she isn’t whereas Raghu will do ANYTHING to be with her. And this imbalance is putting a strain on their relationship, it’s only a matter of time till it breaks.

P.S. Raghu and Aslam are a joy to watch. ‘One man woman’ 😂

This sums up my feelings perfectly. Love should be palpible enough that i know in my gut that push comes to shove my partner will choose me. If we as audience, with full disclosure of dhanak's feelings, cannot see her choosing him and not him and vardi both, then how the hell is raghu supposed to believe that? 

DISCLAIMER: SPOILERS for last week...and proclamation of sadistic joy at Dhanak's high-handed attitude coming to bite her behind.

My apologies folks for taking this long. Since I havent done an update for sometime, I figured I would cover commentary for the full week. And again I am using this thread because the topic is still the most apt and the recurring theme of the whole story over the past few weeks. But unfortunately, every incident only highlights how far behind Dhanak's love is in terms of depth than raghu's. This is problematic because it stops the romance from really landing as the audience are constantly fighting the urge to be irritated with her. I'm by no means saying that dhanak doesnt love raghu, she does in her own sort of domestic understanding of love but it is sorely lacking in passion. she's not a total robot anymore, but she's also not that much better either. waise toh duniya dari k paath bohut padhati hain par 30 days mein ek raat k liye bhashan chor k pati ko i love you nahi bol pati hain. what? it makes no sense. why did the writers choose to add this 30 days time skip and give dhanak her first wages? i just didnt understand- just so they could have the 2 scenes of dhanak being sad when family doesnt take her gifts and then spending that money on a new thela? none of that made a difference in the narrative. but anyways, i dont feel her attraction to raghu. mostly, i cant tell if she just thinks of raghu as a good person and a good son and a good husband or if theres a more chemical level attraction here. im sorry but without the latter, its a friendship not a relationship. her attraction only shows when he is sleeping (which is creepy) and usools take over when he is awake. usools when her husband needs comforting, usools when he's being thrashed, usools when someone is actively bullying him within the system. her usools are so big that she cannot even admit to breaking them just for love's sake to her own husband.

thus, im so GLAD that raghu finally reacts to her slapping usools instead of love on him and gets back in maayi's formation. and what glorious formation it is! started to enjoy the character again as soon as the switch flipped. abrar is phenomenal still. his scenes with both maayi, tawde and even dhanak when he's angry have been good this entire week. par aayi shapath i didnt cheer as loud when he washed out tawde as i did when he just walked out on dhanak. never on itv has this been more deserved. dhanak has NOT been pulling her weight in their relationship and im glad that raghu sees it now. yeh saath vachan and sharths were very problematic. but im afraid that dhanak's character instead of trying to be a WIFE and solve their issues will take it to a worse turn.  

the other perhaps more problematic issue is the way dhanak uses raghu's 'goodness' to justify her feelings. this justification is entirely unnecessary. ppl fall in love with completely terrible ppl and ppl do terrible things/make drastic changes for their lovers. but here dhanak is not even willing to let maayi bend laws to get tawre off her and raghu's back. bolti hain k raghu se pyaar karti hain. crap. and raghu has always been a bright and good natured young robin hood. and these qualities have nothing to do with dhanak or him being or not being a gunda. but dhanak is still making excuses as to why she loves raghu. just go with the flow girl. the only way raghu will ever fully embrace dhanak's way of goodness is if she embraces him with his ways. he's changed everything about himself just to make dhanak see that good in him. and in return dhanak doesnt even trust him enough to share information about his own case with him. raghu has basically been going around without any understanding of why the hell tawre has been bothering him so much. the scene of raghu finding out the truth was honestly painful to watch. both given that he'd been caught up in his baiko's magical kiss 10 mins ago, was arguing with his family for her 5 mins ago and the fact that he was still willing to believe her if she chose to negate maayi's story. he did not deserve this betrayal. and yet somehow dhanak had the audacity to quote majbooris and fight with raghu when he was right and she knew it. even forever throwing- the 'sath vachan ka vaasta' as if she has done ANYTHING AT ALL other than existing to help raghu's sath vachans, the other famous 'isi liye mujhse zabardasti shaadi ki thi?' and ofcourse the 'usi pyaar pe bharosa nahi raha'. firstly, lets be honest, if raghu was THINKING he wouldnt have EVER married her. maya wouldve been a much easier wife and a seemingly more unconditionally loyal one. and secondly, 1000% respect her right to not be in this 'zabardasti shaadi', heck if she wanted to pursue legal action against raghu for the marriage i'd be on her side. but spouting this same sentence to manipulate him constantly whilst claiming to be in love with him is getting really tiresome. 

not just that but she has the audacity to then argue with maayi about the ethics of her actions on a high pedestal! aga bai! main pura flat! she was 10000% in the WRONG to have hidden tawre's truth from both raghu and maayi. they are both capable adults and given the track record, way more capable than dhanak herself at handling criminals. so why hide this? so that raghu doesnt hate cops? why is that more important to her than her husband's trust in her? why is that more important than getting justice for her husband? why is it more important than her MIL who she is trying to ensnare as a mother? i dont understand what dhanak wants from maayi or even why she thinks maayi would/should embrace her as a daughter. she's only ever been threatening, arrogant and disrespectful to maayi, fighting over possession of raghu and how maayi chooses to live her life. she is hurt when maayi doesnt accept her pagar and says she's celebrating raghu choosing 'imandari' over 'gundagardi'. why? she couldve just humbly told maayi that no she genuinely wanted to share her happiness with her family and raghu's decision is not the factor here. why enrage maayi further? similarly, she feels cursed when maayi mentions that soon enough raghu will leave their relationship like he's left their bedroom. she says ma hone ke naate aisi badua mat dijiye. but she doesnt understand- maayi ma hone k naate hi is giving her this badua. from maayi's perspective dhanak's love and respect are lies- both for raghu and for herself. she says she loves raghu but is duty-bound to inaction against tawde despite of all he's doing against raghu. yet she protects tawre by hiding the truth, lies to raghu on the basis of god knows what 'majboori' and will not let maayi employ her ways to bring him to justice. why not? these are valid questions from maayi's perspective and ours. for as long as superficial morals trump her son's wellbeing for dhanak, why would/should maayi ever embrace her?

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Dhanak has long way to go before her love will even close to Raghu’s love. Raghu has become aware of that difference for the first time.

I couldn’t understand her reasoning for hiding the truth at all. She even said it was her majboori and I was like what is she blabbering.

Her interactions with mai seem completely fake and ott. Especially when compared to her interactions with Sejal and even aslam.

I saw some promos where Dhanak keeps reiterating ‘main Raghu love vapas laa kar rahungi’. Let’s see how she destroys the relationship with her lectures and uptight attitude.

DISCLAIMER: Spoilers

Today's episode was a light watch, kind of a filler. So you must be wondering why I choose to write about it here. I guess its more to ask a question- to both any possible cvs lurking around and any of the readers who may care to answer. 

Question to all- who IS the villain of this story? Is it maayi who wants raghu to be a gunda? Is it Maya who is in love with Raghu? Is it bablu-vidya types of goons who make quick cameos on a weekly basis or tawre types of colourful corrupt police officers? Or is it like a story about how AI (Robocop) becomes sentient (falls in an ajeeb kisam ka 'love') and starts manipulating everyone to total decrepitation? Because to me its starting to seem more and more like the last option everyday. yeh kaisa pyaar hain bhai jo ya toh sharto pe chalta hain, ya phir manipulations pe? you seriously cannot have raghu's ott world changing love and then juxtapose that with dhanak's just straight up sneaky manipulations to get her way and expect me to believe this is love. So for those wondering why I am on this rant- because they literally spent an entire episode showing dhanak being super manipulative in scenarios where she just needed to be sweet and amenable.

Exhibit A: When raghu was showing her the sasu-sonbai pair showering churi pehnao ott love on each other, dhanak didnt seem wistful or particularly bothered that her own sasubai wasnt as enthu about her. But as soon as Maayi started badmouthing her, she suddenly needed that shagun ki haari churi...why? surely our mahatma vahini is above such immature behavior just to get a verbal one-up on her sasubai! Her rate of bhashan certainly would imply so! But alas! I was wrong! Not only will she not ignore it, but will basically try to blackmail maayi into giving her shagun holding raghu's lifespan hostage! Her own husband's lifespan is blackmail material- wah re pyaar! Now I am quite a pious person, i do fast during vat savitri. but will i be willing to wager my husband's life even verbally on me staying hungry? no. why? cos i actually love him and wouldnt want him to die when one of the many things that can stop you from partaking in religious fasts- pregnancy, ill-health, periods- happen to me. so you can imagine my happiness when maayi doesnt give in to dhanak's bs manipulation and calls her out on it- her son's life is not dependent on dhanak's vrat. 

All Dhanak needed to do was wait for the neighbor woman to leave, go upto maayi and politely say that she will be fasting and she needs her sasubai's shagun and blessings to complete the fast. that it would make her and raghu would both be very happy if maayi blessed her. but no. she just riled maayi up and egged her on. why? what was the need to challenge her like that and build this zabardasti ka rishta, which maayi clearly doesnt want and neither does she? Agar saach mein chahiye toh binamrata se bhi maanga ja saktha hain no?

PS: Dhanak saying 'I will ask for everything that Raghu needs thats good for him' She knows that she didnt marry a child right? 

Exhibit B: The entire Raghu cant get out of the room cos of a chuha...that was unnecessary. i didnt find it funny or romantic. at all. instead of mocking a clear phobia, this would've been a great opportunity for her to be vulnerable infront of raghu instead of the perpetual ego maniac she is. she could've gotten rid of the rat and asked him to stay with her, not out of compulsion but out of love, because she needs him and the distance is hurting her. that he can be angry at her and fight with her if he must, but to not leave her alone over this. that she's sorry she hurt him. but nope. she basically just played it cool. like nothing had happened. And then in the morning she basically emotionally blackmailed him into the sath vachans again. why? why cant dhanak just be like- 'i will be beside you no matter what'? thats all raghu is looking for. but no, shes constantly just trying to manipulate him. wah pyaar!

Exhibit C: Precap- im guessing she will ask maayi for help with tawde, but she will essentially just be using maayi to complete her 3 day challenge with tawde and commissioner and raghu. idk y maayi would help her cos the cctv footage is pretty crystal that raghu didnt do the crime. but im sure she will conveniently omit this and the fact that she has compelled raghu into sath vachans conditionally when she manipulates maayi tmrw. i hope maayi is pretending and she fails. wah re pyaar! her sasu-bai should embrace her as a daughter for constantly manipulating, playing drama games and lying aka don chapter for which maayi got kalik and now this.   

NOW the second annoying thing- the entire thing felt like she expends so much of her brain power manipulating her husband at home that she has no juice left for work- totally being beyond her wits and worth. itne saare bhashan itni saari kabiliyat and she's so ineffective at every solo mission she's taken up so far, its staggering. she couldnt even get the recording without raghu's help and then lost it immediately as soon as she had to tc of it solo. it almost makes sense in a weird way, if she doesnt manipulate raghu into being her civilian side kick on police missions, seems like she wont be able to get much done solo. toh bhai instead of hiring dhanak to use raghu's services, the force should just hire him instead no? atleast then he wont be unpaid labour. bechare ko toh bedroom mein bhi compensation nahi milta. bas magar maach k ansoo milte hain.

Lastly, question to the writer- bhai kya phook ke did you think it would be pertinent to show an entire episode of the main female lead essentially manipulating everyone around her to get her way? Why do you think that her constantly emotionally blackmailing raghu to be 'good' and not a 'gunda' will prove her love for him rather than showing how she's willing to bend for him as well?

Itishri thumbnail

Have you noticed that this forum is completely dead? there used to lot more readers of the posts even if people were not commenting on them. TRP was supposed to rise after IPL but don't think it has budged. Dhanak has driven everyone away. 

I am officially hating Dhanak now. She has no redeeming quality as a lead. Moral values and everything is fine but she is just plain self-centered. It is all about her and her vision of how her life should be. Raghu has no place in it except as a mission to showcase her values. I didn't know you could make some so moral and supposedly good so unlikeable.

Even Raghu deserves what he is getting from her. He let himself manipulated at every turn even though he knows she hasn't given him a proper place in her life. She loves the image of what he could be not what he is. If he was gone today, she would just move on a different mission. I think he knows this instinctively but does accept it. There is only one person in his life for whom he really matters - and that is his mother. And yet the only person important to him his baiko. Another first - I am rooting for the mother of the guy instead of the wife.

One thing that has never come up in Dhanak's drive to improve Raghu is her concern for him. She has never said that if he becomes straight and arrow, his life will be much safer as the life of crime is short or so on. Of course not, she is not worried about his life - only about her wishes to have a crime-free husband. 

@Tej - who is villian - the only answer is the inefficient, ineffective Robocop with massive lecturing capabilities. 

Sorry for rant! I am too mad with Dhanak stone-faced expression and constantly dropping a few tears here and there to manipulate Raghu

Nope. I've noticed that the forum is dead. Its because ppl are just bored with Dhanak's character. No amount of maska adding will boost trp if your lead is ttly unrelatable. She's like a radical bible thumper. They're also trying to instill good morals but their code is so stringent that it becomes intolerance. I still don't understand why she doesn't just leave raghu? She's not really in love with him. Its more of a weird Stockholm syndrome than anything else.

And its ttly fine to rant. I rant as well here. Its rant space.

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail

Radical bible thumper - so true!!!😆